TaylorMade xFT Wedges - The Morgan Cup Staff

I got the pentas from TGW; and faceplates from blind9. I had heard they aren't making the Z plates anymore. Old grooves. So I stocked up just in case.

Pretty excited to try em out tomorrow!

More i think about it more happy I am I got the 50-56-60 setup.

I'm looking for a Wedge to lessen the gap I currently have.
My irons are in sig and my PW is 46° and my SW is 56°.
Was planning on going with a 50° or 52° so I'm real interested to see how those clubs work out for everyone that got that them.

Also, what kind of forgiveness are you guys seeing?
As you can tell by the handicap, I don't always 'pure' it.

Just saw this on "the bay" I love the color, not the price though!

$(KGrHqR,!h4E2I67K1!VBNksJF!KVQ~~_12.JPG

Was planning on going with a 50° or 52° so I'm real interested to see how those clubs work out for everyone that got that them.

Based on your lofts only a 51* would be perfect for you, but its really more about true carry distance. If you know how far you carry your PW and and SW, test out a bunch of xFT loft combos and see which one carrys right in the middle. I would expect it to be the 50* or close to it.

Based on your lofts only a 51* would be perfect for you, but its really more about true carry distance. If you know how far you carry your PW and and SW, test out a bunch of xFT loft combos and see which one carrys right in the middle. I would expect it to be the 50* or close to it.

I agree with CB, I think 50* would likely best. I know I don't hit my wedges quite as far as my irons, mainly cause I want them to go straight

Tappin the keg!

First day out with the wedges, and first impressions are really high.

I had 4 sand shots - that i was short sided everytime - i hit the 60* regular setup. (wasnt opened any) and i had two 3 footers left, one my buddy commented was ridiculous (i won $5 on the hole and the round with the sand save) it was a tap in.

Im not sure where the bunker play came from - but i will be grabbing my 60 around the greens in every condition and any chance i can. I absolutely love the club.

The weighting of the KBS Hi Rev shaft is perfect IMO.

I had a few 50-70 yard pitches. I tried the 60 at 85 yards - and pushed it right slightly - i think the distance would have been perfect ( i hit it solid) but i ended up taking a weird bounce into some hills.

the 30 yard pitch on 4 was magnificent. I barely hinged and swung through - the ball launched higher than i was anticipating and hit pin high - with some rollout. ( i hit it too hard) ended up 10 feet past.

its going to take some time to get distances in, especially those 30-50 yard feel pitches. But i love what i saw today.

I pulled the 56 one time for a practice sand shot. I couldnt believe how easy the 60 hit out of sand. I hit a nice shot out with the 56 - but it has more rollout than a 60. Most of my bunker shots today required high and stopping type shots.

I never had a 90 yard shot where i would have played the 56.

I had one par 5 where i had layed up with a 9 iron. Left me 111 to the pin, 117 off the back. My old cg15 50* would have put me short ( i hit it most to 110), I hit the XFT pure as can be and its pitch mark was 2 feet behind the flag and rolled off the back.

I will def have to dial in these distances - but im seeing great ballflights - and good distance out of them.

I was a little worried the new grooves wouldnt provide as much spin. But i had no problem getting them airborne today.

there was some rollout - but i usually dont back up a ton of wedges, so im not sure if it was anything unusual or not. Probably just average.

I am really excited to game these wedges, i was in the market for new ones as Ive grown away from my CG15 for other reasons. These are going to fill in PERFECTLY and could not have come at a more opportune time.

I also chipped alot with the 50. I love using a gap wedge to chip with. I get great rollout and the ball doesnt launch too high which is my preferred chipping method. The XFT has great turf interaction IMO and doesnt dig much at all (although its been noted im a sweeper)

Will post more as i get more rounds in.

Sounds great CG...weather dependant, I'm headed out in about an hour for 9 holes with our work group. Looking forward to seeing what the xFTs can do.

I was thrilled to get these too. I'd been using the Heavy Wedges, but had reverted back to a CG14 so that I could remember how to swing a non-backweighted wedge. The CG14 has seen better days though and has moved to Indiana to my brother's back now.

I wish we could get those in the US. They look incredible. The glare off these wedges when the sun hits it is absolutely blinding.

I'm with belbin and CB on their advice. They covered it well so there isn't anything more that I can add.

I agree with CB, I think 50* would likely best. I know I don't hit my wedges quite as far as my irons, mainly cause I want them to go straight

Tappin the keg!

I'm with belbin and CB on their advice. They covered it well so there isn't anything more that I can add.

Thanks guys.
My PW I'm at 125-130
My 56° is about 90-100.
My 60° is about 80-90.
These are full swings.

I'm looking for something to bridge that 25-30 yard gap.
Looks like 50° is winner winner chicken dinner.

Everybody finding these pretty forgiving?

Good positive stuff there CG13!

Played in some nasty conditions today. It rained the entire round, nothing too heavy, but enough to wear rain pants a bucket hat and rain glove. The rough was brutal. Not only was it wet, but there were clumps of glass clippings sticking to everything.

Every shot from the fairway with the wedges was right on. I also wouldn't get much release out of the ball and no back spin that I saw. I got a nice high ball flight on the full shots and the ball would end up close to it's ball mark. I am really liking my choice of going with the 50 degree wedge. It's filled in a gap I had nicely, plus it's easy to open up the blade to take some off of a shot.

I had one green side bunker shot, it was short-sided with heavy wet sand and i hit it to 3' and made the putt to save par. The C-grind on the 60 degree is giving me some great shot options.

I'm getting more roll out than I am used to out of the rough, but it's playable and shouldn't take that long to get used to. In fact I had 3 chips from the rough with the 56 that ended up being tap ins.

Lost 2 shots from green-side rough that just smothered the wedge and I came up short on them and I wasn't aggressive enough with the shot.

Until next time!

Thanks guys.
My PW I'm at 125-130
My 56° is about 90-100.
My 60° is about 80-90.
These are full swings.

I'm looking for something to bridge that 25-30 yard gap.
Looks like 50° is winner winner chicken dinner.

Everybody finding these pretty forgiving?
They are blades, they really aren't forgiving, but I don't find most wedges are. They are easy to get to the center of the face for me though.

They are blades, they really aren't forgiving, but I don't find most wedges are. They are easy to get to the center of the face for me though.

I've also been looking around for an AW that goes with my set.
Unfortunately no one sells the SuperLaunch as single irons so that's not gonna work.
Did find a Burner 1.0 AW for $50.
I know it wouldn't match, but that would probably be a bit more forgiving than the xFT.

I guess forgiveness isn't a necessity since both my other wedges are blades too.

Unfortunately no one sells the SuperLaunch as single irons so that's not gonna work.
I know it wouldn't match, but that would probably be a bit more forgiving than the xFT.

I guess forgiveness isn't a necessity since both my other wedges are blades too.

Here's a SuperLaunch AW on eBay

There are a couple others there too.

It just comes with the territory with that type of wedge. I know some people are drifting towards getting more forgiving AW and GW, like part of an iron set. I really like the control I get from a traditional wedge. I am used to it and I know my distances and what they are going to do. Plus I think they are a little more versatile around the greens. The forgiveness just doesn't come into play for me with the wedges.

Good find, I was going to suggest ebay. You can find single clubs all the time.

I REALLY like how te xft feels; u should try the 50- they are def in my top list of wedges

There are a couple others there too.

Thanks ad.
Not crazy about used clubs though, especially at that price point.
I'd deal with an unmatched new one at $30 less.

I wish we could get those in the US. They look incredible. The glare off these wedges when the sun hits it is absolutely blinding.
You can, I've seen them on eBay for $220.00 and up. I personally just couldn't pull the trigger on one though.

Thanks ad.
Not crazy about used clubs though, especially at that price point.
I'd deal with an unmatched new one at $30 less.

I think there were some other new ones available there, but they were about the same price I think.

TM Staffers, I love the detailed feedback you all are giving. Really interested in the KBS feedback as well. Seems like a great shaft option.

You can, I've seen them on eBay for $220.00 and up. I personally just couldn't pull the trigger on one though.
Wow, that's steep. But, oh, so, pretty!

TM Staffers, I love the detailed feedback you all are giving. Really interested in the KBS feedback as well. Seems like a great shaft option.
Yoccos, I had the same shaft in my other xFTs. I love that shaft. I hit the spinners and they were nice, I'm just a fan of the KBS. Full shots, half shots, anything you can think of, that shaft just flat-out performs.

Wow, that's steep. But, oh, so, pretty!

Yoccos, I had the same shaft in my other xFTs. I love that shaft. I hit the spinners and they were nice, I'm just a fan of the KBS. Full shots, half shots, anything you can think of, that shaft just flat-out performs.

Were the spinners available to you guys? Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of you have the KBS shafts right?

Back