Eidolon Wedges - Customer Experience

Slider

Reaction score
Handicap
I thought I would let everyone know about my experience with Beau Wright in sales.

I saw the deal that Kingdom59 has going for these wedges and saw a link to a review from I think 2009 for Eidolon wedges. The reviewer gave the company a great review saying they haven't experienced a better wedge in their opinion. This made me curious as I haven't been the happiest with my Taylormade xFT z grooves.

It took about 20 seconds before someone picked up and it was Beau. I introduced myself, said I saw a deal online for their wedges and have not heard much about them before and was curious if he could talk to me about the company and their wedges and possibly help custom fit me.

He was very friendly and seemed very excited at the prospect of talking about his products. We discussed how their V-sole has basically two bounces on it, and that based on the turf you are on, one of the two parts of the bounce (the sole), will make contact and allow the right bounce to be used. It's a hard concept to understand, but in the end he said you can just trust the club will adjust properly to your conditions. He talked about differen't turfs and how they interact with the club briefly. Here is a picture of the sole:

bounce-vsole.jpg

At this point, I brought up shafts. Mentioning that I read in a review that they have in essence a proprietary shaft in their clubs. He said I was pretty close. They tested a lot of different shafts from DG spinners, to Rifle shafts, all of them had positives and minuses, and according to him, they were able to take the best of a lot of shafts and combine differen't ideas that brought about the Genius shaft. They can offer several differen't flexes for the shaft and they believe most shafts avaliable in wedges are not right for the everyday golfer.

I was very impressed with his knowledge so we started talking about my own personal game and what I liked and didn't like about my own wedges. He didn't really compare his product to my wedges. We started discussing lofts for me and what would be good for distance gaping. I mentioned that I liked what I have now and he said he thought I was close but should shorten the gap between my PW and GW. He has a database of all irons and their specs and was able to look my current irons up.

He suggested 51 for my gap instead of 52, and 55, then 59. They don't make a 64 degree like I have, and he said that is a speciality club and something I can always put in the bag based on the conditions.

The price on their website was higher than Kingdom59, so I mentioned that I was wondering if they could match the price and he said absolutely he would and custom fit me at the same time. My wedges will be .5" long with 2 wraps under the grips (he said their grips run smaller than my multicompound, and he wanted to give me comparable for my hand size). He said we will keep the lie standard as that is what I was fit for with my irons.

I decided to bite on this deal as I was very impressed with Beau and how friendly he was and how excited he was about his product. Eidolon he said sees themselves as a custom fitter. When I mentioned SeeMore and how I read they do something similar, he got very excited and said that is exactly what we are aiming for! We want to be the company that you can call and get the experience like you are a pro. He said if for any reason I need changes made to my wedges, to send them in and they will do it for free.

I mentioned my fiance and how she would possibly be interested after I try mine and he said even if their prices go up, to personally talk to him and he will give me same price or better for her if she decides she wants to go the same route and he mentioned they offer special flexes for women as well!

All and all, very impressed with Eidolon and their staff! I bite the bullet without even trying them and anxiously awaiting their arrival to give a review of them.

5lofts-chrome-wht-bg__52476__68813__23869_std.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. One-T has these as well I believe and really likes them. I saw that deal and was tempted

Very nice Slider! Thanks for taking the time to share this info.

Great to know some good customer service still exists. Good luck with your wedges hope you enjoy them!

Sounds like a very good company to deal with. I love that there's still a lot of people in the industry really keen to help golfers out, and take the fitting process and customer service to the next level. Look forward to hearing how you get on with these wedges.

That's awesome , a guy I golf with uses them.

I now tap while I talk

Very Nice. Glad to read of your experience ...

I've been seriously looking at those with the price that they've had on their website. That price form Kingdom59 is even better, so I may jump on these myself. It is also really cool that they go over everything with you over the phone. I was thinking about calling them and talking to them about fitting, and this makes me want to pick up the phone even more.

I've been seriously looking at those with the price that they've had on their website. That price form Kingdom59 is even better, so I may jump on these myself. It is also really cool that they go over everything with you over the phone. I was thinking about calling them and talking to them about fitting, and this makes me want to pick up the phone even more.

Call Eidolon's number and they will honor Kingdom59 price as well as custom fit them for you as far as length, grip, flex, etc. Worth the experience alone.

Really awesome sounding company. I've looked at their wedges several times when they've come up on the kingdom59 deals. Someday I might actually pull the trigger on them.

Very good write-up of your experience, Slider. Thanks for sharing!

Dang, I have a 52* and 56* from Eidolon and love them! This write up is making me want to buy some replacements though... Great experience!

I can definitely echo this experience. I purchased my Eidolon wedges towards the back end of last season, being in the UK they didn't ship directly and I didn't fancy spending the money on phone costs. I went through a custom fitting experience via e-mail with Terry (the head of the company), he put me in touch with a UK sales rep that organised getting the clubs over and put me in touch with a custom club maker near where I lived who made the clubs up to spec for me.

Overall I have nothing but good things to say about the company and I'm extremely happy with how the clubs perform in my hands.

Call Eidolon's number and they will honor Kingdom59 price as well as custom fit them for you as far as length, grip, flex, etc. Worth the experience alone.

Thanks! May give them a call today, if I get the chance. I have one question tho, for any who have gone through this, I have never been fit for anything. Should I go through that process first? If so, that will put it off again, as I'm not planning on even considering getting fit for anything until I can afford a new set of irons, next year.

That was a great story, thanks for sharing, I do have the wedges and I personally love them.

Thanks! May give them a call today, if I get the chance. I have one question tho, for any who have gone through this, I have never been fit for anything. Should I go through that process first? If so, that will put it off again, as I'm not planning on even considering getting fit for anything until I can afford a new set of irons, next year.

It could help to be fit before. But I think if you talk to the guys at Eidolon, they will be able to take some figures down and fit you pretty closely over the phone. Beau asked what my height was before I told him what I was fit to and agreed that was probably pretty good.

Cool. Thanks!

Very cool. I've always like the looks of the Eidolon's for sure. Thank you for sharing your experience!

I too called Beau tonight. He was very enthusiastic and wonderfully helpful. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with him and he answered every question I had and some I didn't even know I had. He was great to work with and I'm sure I will be using them again. I ended up ordering a 52 and 57.

My wedges came in yesterday and of course I took a bunch of pictures and took them out to play. I'll post a full write up in about a week after I give them some time to settle in.

My wedges came in yesterday and of course I took a bunch of pictures and took them out to play. I'll post a full write up in about a week after I give them some time to settle in.

Good! Look forward to reading about them. Update your signature too!

Beau said I should have mine by Wednesay of next week, so I'm super excited to get mine. What finish did you get? I go tmine in Prime and he said the coating wears off pretty quick so it can rust up, giving even more spin to them.

Beau said I should have mine by Wednesay of next week, so I'm super excited to get mine. What finish did you get? I go tmine in Prime and he said the coating wears off pretty quick so it can rust up, giving even more spin to them.

I got the chrome. I love the prime finish if it didn't rust. I don't like the rust idea personally. If they stayed the way they came I would have jumped on them. The chrome is a really clean finish and I like it a lot.

Good write up.
I will probably order some of these after I get a good fitting, I've had my eye on them for a while now. Interested to see what the new Scor line is all about as well, before pulling the trigger.

Back