2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is still quite a long time till the outing, but when do people think they will be arriving? Anyone thinking of arriving a 2-3 days earlier and play the courses a few times?

I would love to do that, but I don't think my budget will allow it. My current plan is to get there as early as possible on Thursday so I can get in a round.

I would love to do that, but I don't think my budget will allow it. My current plan is to get there as early as possible on Thursday so I can get in a round.

That is mine as well.

I will be pulling in Friday morning for the demo day and leaving Sunday afternoon. Being a retiree from a company that does not give COL raises I have to conserve where I can. But I will have a blast the entire time I am there, so it's still all good.

I know it is still quite a long time till the outing, but when do people think they will be arriving? Anyone thinking of arriving a 2-3 days earlier and play the courses a few times?

Wife and I will either check in on Wednesday afternoon or Thursday. I definitely plan to play on Thursday (wife does not play for now). Departure will be Monday at some point (still not decided if we will stay long enough on Monday to get in a round or not).

I'm planning on flying down thurs morning probably. And heading back on Monday. I'm playing as much as I can.

I'm playing as much as I can.

Me too, but I'll have only from Friday morning to Sunday afternoon to do it. I guess I can make an entry in the 'how many holes have you played in a day' thread when we get back. I'm wondering if I could pull off 45. I better start getting in shape.....besides round!

Me too, but I'll have only from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon to do it. I guess I can make an entry in the 'how many holes have you played in a day' thread when we get back. I'm wondering if I could pull off 45. I better start getting in shape.....besides round!

Are you missing the demo day Toad?

Definitely going to be checking in on Wednesday, and staying until Tuesday, but I did promise the wife I would go with her to Disney one day.

Are you missing the demo day Toad?

H3ll no. I edited when I saw what I had written. We'll be there early Friday A.M. coming from our friends' in Winter Park.

I will be there Thrus through Monday as well. Looking forward to it already...

I'm planning on flying down thurs morning probably. And heading back on Monday. I'm playing as much as I can.

same here, cram in as much golf into that period of time as humanly possible

We will see. It will be up to her if I play on Thursday, or Monday.

Nah, ya gotta put your foot down... Play Thursday, Disney Monday.

Someone mentioned playing Monday, I may have to put some thought into that. I know I'm taking Tuesday off from work to recoup, so I may try and get a round in on Monday too.

I think we'll be there Thursday staying through Monday morning most likely.

I will be golfing as much as I can get away with. Hopefully the Mrs finds other things to do in the afternoons.

did you commit to a day in 2012? If not then you're in the clear

Definitely going to be checking in on Wednesday, and staying until Tuesday, but I did promise the wife I would go with her to Disney one day.

I know it's just a little early to be looking at flights, but a quick check on Orbitz shows a Delta flight non-stop round trip for $228. Is anyone familiar with baggage fees on Delta?

Nah, ya gotta put your foot down... Play Thursday, Disney Monday.

Someone mentioned playing Monday, I may have to put some thought into that. I know I'm taking Tuesday off from work to recoup, so I may try and get a round in on Monday too.

I really think I am going to play on Monday and go to Disney on Thursday.

did you commit to a day in 2012? If not then you're in the clear

Hahaha...I would never get away with that. My wife has been wanting me to go with her to Disney for years. She even went by herself once while me and my friends went to Key West, so being there will mean going there at least once for me.

I know it's just a little early to be looking at flights, but a quick check on Orbitz shows a Delta flight non-stop round trip for $228. Is anyone familiar with baggage fees on Delta?

I believe it's somewhere on the neighborhood of $25 per. If you can fly out of Charlotte I think US Airways has plenty of flights here. Check with them.

$25 each way for the first bag, $35 for the 2nd, golf equpiment is still $25 as long as:

Golfing Equipment
One golf bag may be accepted as checked baggage; checked baggage fees may apply based on travel region and total number of checked bags. Overweight baggage fees will apply to bags that exceed 50 lbs; oversized baggage fees will be waived for golf bags that exceed 62 linear inches. Bags exceeding 115 linear inches will not be accepted.

One item of golfing equipment is defined as:

One golf bag containing one set of golf clubs;
Golf balls and tees; and
One pair of golf shoes.
Golf clubs will be accepted as checked baggage under the following conditions:

Golf bag is packaged within a hard-shell case
Golf bag is packaged within a soft-sided golf club travel bag after a limited release has been signed
Delta is not responsible for damage noted at the time of check-in or damage due to over-packing the bag.

Have you thought about SW or Airtran. SW has no fees and Airtran gives you the first bag free

Have you thought about SW or Airtran. SW has no fees and Airtran gives you the first bag free

Airtran charges, Tad. $20 for the 1st, $25 for 2nd.

I looked at SW, but they don't show flights yet for our little shin-dig (still a couple months out). On the other hand the closest dates I could come up with for them were just shy of $200 round trip. If I can get on with them for that kind of money I'll be all over it.

I looked at SW, but they don't show flights yet for our little shin-dig (still a couple months out). On the other hand the closest dates I could come up with for them were just shy of $200 round trip. If I can get on with them for that kind of money I'll be all over it.

Wait, then as soon as they publish hop on it. From past experience and talking to some of the guys attending previous outings it won't get cheaper the closer you get.

They release rates 6 months out. Set your calendar my good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back