OSU vacates all of it's 2010 wins.

cg13

Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.3
Damn- I can't help but be furious. Tressels record against Michigan our rival is now tarnished.

They hadn't beat us in soooo long now they get a win?

Jesus just take the consequences from the NCAA. Stop trying to appeal to the committee by imposing sanctions yourselves..

It was posted in the college football thread as well.

Look at it this way. Had they played in the SEC, it would have been their record anyway....hehe

OSU vacating all of their 2010 wins isn't going to matter as much as the scholarship reductions and the bowl game bans, which you know are coming soon from the NCAA. Throw Oregon into that discussion as well, they're going to get hit by the NCAA soon.

Damn- I can't help but be furious. Tressels record against Michigan our rival is now tarnished.

Jesus just take the consequences from the NCAA. Stop trying to appeal to the committee by imposing sanctions yourselves..

Ummmm....Ohio state was in the wrong. They didnt deserve the win. OSU sucks. I am kidding. Just trying to fire you up

Look at it this way. Had they played in the SEC, it would have been their record anyway....hehe

Bwahahaha.....so true!

This is so silly and means nothing really. "vacating wins" like we didn't see the games happen, and the wins just don't go to the other team, its just silly. You want to show me that "your sorry" then give back the MILLIONS of dollars you made, by playing in a Sugar Bowl with ineligible players. Whats that..you won't, oh ok, then make this meaningless jesture.

OSU vacating all of their 2010 wins isn't going to matter as much as the scholarship reductions and the bowl game bans, which you know are coming soon from the NCAA. Throw Oregon into that discussion as well, they're going to get hit by the NCAA soon.

I don't think so. They didn't lie to the NCAA and technically while we may not like what they did, its not illegal according to the NCAA. Even they admit its a gray area, and I don't think anything happens to the DUcks.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhdduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

I don't think so. They didn't lie to the NCAA and technically while we may not like what they did, its not illegal according to the NCAA. Even they admit its a gray area, and I don't think anything happens to the DUcks.

Ah I opened the sports talk forum on the phone and didn't see it.

My bad

Long as the BCS is around I could care less what the NCAA does to its football programs.

As an Ohio State alum and a huge football fan, none of this has been easy to watch. I was upset when the 'Buckeye Five' got to play in the damn Sugar Bowl. However I never knew the true depth of the situation. I can also say that all OSU fans were aware of Tressel's past when he got hired. There were some shady goings on at Youngstown State. Most, myself included, forgot about such things once they started winning and routinely rolling Michigan. However rules were broken. Some severely. I expect the NCAA to come down hard on the program. This initial self imposed sanction is just the beginning. Wouldn't be surprised if this ends with Gene Smith exiting as well.

All that being said, I'll be a Buckeye fan until the day I die. The Bucks will be down for a little while, but they'll be back!

As an Ohio State alum and a huge football fan, none of this has been easy to watch. I was upset when the 'Buckeye Five' got to play in the damn Sugar Bowl. However I never knew the true depth of the situation. I can also say that all OSU fans were aware of Tressel's past when he got hired. There were some shady goings on at Youngstown State. Most, myself included, forgot about such things once they started winning and routinely rolling Michigan. However rules were broken. Some severely. I expect the NCAA to come down hard on the program. This initial self imposed sanction is just the beginning. Wouldn't be surprised if this ends with Gene Smith exiting as well.

All that being said, I'll be a Buckeye fan until the day I die. The Bucks will be down for a little while, but they'll be back!

That was awesome, just straight up honesty. The hardest part is admitting your team screwed up and I applaud you for that

LMAO! Hysterical! That's some funny stuff! Go Dawgs!

I don't know much about college football, so please forgive me with this question, but doesn't what OSU did is what many other D1 schools do?

heheheh....concur

This whole thing has made living in Ohio so much easier.. Not to mention the NBA and NFL strike, and the Reds being mediocre..

Go Blue Jackets! haha!

This whole thing has made living in Ohio so much easier.. Not to mention the NBA and NFL strike, and the Reds being mediocre..

Go Blue Jackets! haha!

The Reds were good last year.

Getting swept in the first round of the playoffs left no lingering discussion. It was glorious.

hahaha....But, they made it there.

That's real true of you to stick to your guns, I know it must be tough to sit back and watch your team start fraying at the seams. Hang in there, I'm sure it'll get better.

On a side note I'm looking forward to the Buckeyes coming to play the 'skers in Lincoln!!!

I know it must be tough to sit back and watch your team start fraying at the seams.

LOL Yeah, I'm a Notre Dame fan, so......

Hate to see this crap happen to any school. It ruins it for those that DID play by the rules and had no idea what was going on.

LOL Yeah, I'm a Notre Dame fan, so......

Hate to see this crap happen to any school. It ruins it for those that DID play by the rules and had no idea what was going on.

If you are a top 50 school in one of the major conferences than you DID NOT play by all the rules. Its just the way it is, there are millions and millions of dollars at stake, high paying jobs on the line and a ton of pressure. Every school thats in a major conference is "cheating", its just whether or not you get caught.

That's real true of you to stick to your guns, I know it must be tough to sit back and watch your team start fraying at the seams. Hang in there, I'm sure it'll get better.

On a side note I'm looking forward to the Buckeyes coming to play the 'skers in Lincoln!!!

Me too. I'm looking forward to the Huskers playing in the conference. That was a good decision by the Big 10.

Sorry CG but from everything I've read in these situations you want to be proactive rather than reactive. I have read numerous articles with lawyers who have been involved in NCAA sanction commitee's and while their rulings are sometimes suspect, the general consensus is the more "honest" you act and kiss their feet, the easier they will go on you.

I knew Pryor was bad news the day he stepped campus. Hopefully tOSU can come back from this and go back to winning the right way, if there is such a thing.

Back