Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great list Dent!! Out of curiosity, why those specifically? No TM or the Srixon Z Star everyone has been speaking so fondly of?

Great list there Dent, what about the Burner Superfast 2.0? I know you said you loved it in the past, and from playing it the last few weeks I can tell you that I love it.

The R11 for me is just a driver I am not fond of guys. I actually do like the feel when hit on the screws but I feel the club is very bottom heavy. On the upswing the driver feels fine but on the down swing some sort of head weight kicks in (or maybe it's even air resistance) and I feel a sudden heavyness in the club that just completely throws me off. It's bad enough that it deters me from buying it.

The 2.0 I would only consider if it is cut down. I hate the extra length in it and I have no control. Unfortunately you can't tell a golf shop to cut the driver down an inch and try it. I try choking down but it's another club I just don't really care for. I did like it before but now I am just not even a fan of the feel.

Although I haven't tried the VR Pro I have had all nike drivers before this and have been a BIG fan. Out of those 4 the RAZR hawk actually felt the best followed by the Adams but I get absolutely no distance with the RAZR. Although it's not how I want to try clubs out, I am going to go to a simulator and make a final decision possibly tomorrow.

I forgot Srixon on that list as well. That is another driver that I feel is a must try.

The R11 for me is just a driver I am not fond of guys. I actually do like the feel when hit on the screws but I feel the club is very bottom heavy. On the upswing the driver feels fine but on the down swing some sort of head weight kicks in (or maybe it's even air resistance) and I feel a sudden heavyness in the club that just completely throws me off. It's bad enough that it deters me from buying it.

The 2.0 I would only consider if it is cut down. I hate the extra length in it and I have no control. Unfortunately you can't tell a golf shop to cut the driver down an inch and try it. I try choking down but it's another club I just don't really care for. I did like it before but now I am just not even a fan of the feel.

Although I haven't tried the VR Pro I have had all nike drivers before this and have been a BIG fan. Out of those 4 the RAZR hawk actually felt the best followed by the Adams but I get absolutely no distance with the RAZR. Although it's not how I want to try clubs out, I am going to go to a simulator and make a final decision possibly tomorrow.

I forgot Srixon on that list as well. That is another driver that I feel is a must try.

I felt the same distance issue with the RAZR, as compared to others.. It could have had something to do with the shaft offering..

Glad to hear the Srixon is on your list man. Hard to beat a Miyazaki shaft!

I felt the same distance issue with the RAZR, as compared to others.. It could have had something to do with the shaft offering..

Glad to hear the Srixon is on your list man. Hard to beat a Miyazaki shaft!

I am a pretty short hitter I think so I have a feeling I'm going to throw the Cleveland 310 on that list as well.

I am a pretty short hitter I think so I have a feeling I'm going to throw the Cleveland 310 on that list as well.

Is that the one that is guaranteeing a longer tee ball or whatever? May as well leave all the doors open man!

Is that the one that is guaranteeing a longer tee ball or whatever? May as well leave all the doors open man!

It is their new line that is SUPER light with the Miyazaki 39g as the stock offering. I felt one and it is insanely light man.

I finally decided I NEED a driver of my own. I am going to start with a small list and work from there.

Nike VR Pro
Callaway RAZR Hawk Tour
Adams 9064LS
Titleist 910D3

Just picked up the Adams 9064LS, it's a cannon I'm loving it. Had a brief fling with the Z-Star but it wasn't all that for me

Plus the Adams is goin for 199 now down from 379 when it 1st came out. One good thing about Adams coming out with new clubs every 2 months...

Just picked up the Adams 9064LS, it's a cannon I'm loving it. Had a brief fling with the Z-Star but it wasn't all that for me

Plus the Adams is goin for 199 now down from 379 when it 1st came out. One good thing about Adams coming out with new clubs every 2 months...

Which shaft did you go with JN? RIP red/yellow eyes?

CG15, CG16, or xFT wedges? They all feel great to me...and I cannot decide.

xFT for me out of those choices, the ability to just replace the face rather than buy a new wedge has to be a great option

CG15, CG16, or xFT wedges? They all feel great to me...and I cannot decide.

If they all feel great, the choice is easy. Go with the cheapest option.

Have you considered the Razr Hawk Black? It's a nice club and is comparable to the clubs you have chosen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered the Razr Hawk Black? It's a nice club and is comparable to the clubs you have chosen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean the Diablo Octane Black? The special edition one or just the Razr Hawk

Anyone tried out Nike wedges? Thoughts?

Played my first round with the VR Pro's yesterday. Went with a 52/58 combo. Loved them. Great weight to them and they were great from the fairway and the rough. Highly recommend.

JB, Kevin or anyone else who might of tried them all, how do the Nike VR wedges compare against the offerings from Cleveland (CG15 and 16) Taylormade (xft), Callaway (jaws), and Mizuno (MP T-11)?

JB, Kevin or anyone else who might of tried them all, how do the Nike VR wedges compare against the offerings from Cleveland (CG15 and 16) Taylormade (xft), Callaway (jaws), and Mizuno (MP T-11)?

Spin less than the 15, about equal to the 16. But here comes the subjective part, the feel is better than both Clevelands. Not in terms of contact feel, just overall feel of the club in my hands.

I can't play the JAWS line so I'm no help there, sorry.

MPT-11 is a great wedge, if memory (and I'm hungover) serves the mizuno is a little heavier than the Nike. The Mizuno leading edge is little more aggressive to me and I found myself to dig more than normal with the Mizuno which I did not find with the Nike.

Tinkering with the xft's now.

Anyone know where i can find the Titliest 910H hybrid for relatively cheap? or Taylormade 2011 Rescue? BTW looking for the 2 Hybrid 16-18 loft.

Anyone know where i can find the Titliest 910H hybrid for relatively cheap? or Taylormade 2011 Rescue? BTW looking for the 2 Hybrid 16-18 loft.

Well I don't know what cheap is to you, but if you click on the Blind9Golf banner at the top of the page and email them and tell them you are a THP member, they will give you the best price you will be able to find on a new hybrid.

Well I don't know what cheap is to you, but if you click on the Blind9Golf banner at the top of the page and email them and tell them you are a THP member, they will give you the best price you will be able to find on a new hybrid.

Thanks i'll def check it out

Dang it! I have fallen under the spell of JB's putting room. After trying out so many and being really frustrated that I couldn't find the "one", I finally found it.

biti4.jpg

http://www.neadcustomputters.com/content/biti-mallet

I have NEVER liked a mallet until I used this one. It's a Nead Biti Mallet. You guys please tell Ole Gray to buy me one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back