The Razr Hawk has been a bomber in my experience.

My TaylorMade R11 3wood. I hit my 3 wood further than I do any driver I have tried

I have an '07 Burner 10.5 that I put a Motore 65 stiff into that I like but still Hit my 13.5 degree G5 with a prolaunch axis 60s 20 yards further. I would like to try something newer but keep going back to the G5. High loft stiff shaft seems to do it for me, probably would vary a lot from person to person.

The DCT has been around a long time. A lot of LD guys still play it in competition. Alpha also makes a very good head.

Absolutely, but this year's model is also very forgiving. Past Geek DCT's really went if you hit them on the screws but off-center contact penalized a bit. Not so with this year's DCT. Not quite as forgiving as the Nicklaus but easily as forgiving as my S3.

I've played a few Alpha's in the past too, very impressive clubheads.

The SL270 turned out to be the longest for me.

Totally subjective in my opinion. What works for one doesnt necessarily work for another. I think it depends on your type of swing and swing speed.

Totally subjective in my opinion. What works for one doesnt necessarily work for another. I think it depends on your type of swing and swing speed.

Yup. Ping doesn't seem to get much love around here - I'm too new to recognize what the history is there - but for me, the K15 is not just long (that would be relative, I'm not a big hitter) but also very very straight. I can still put an ugly swing on it and get it to go crooked, but it's very forgiving on off center hits and doesn't lose much when I do that. I haven't hit more fairways in years if ever, and am playing shorter clubs into the greens.

Longest- Cleveland XL270. (every once in a while I pound out out there and think holy crap!)
Most consistently long- Cobra L5V. (8-10 shots are all out there, about 5-10 yards short of the XL270's longest)

Different strokes for different folks. Some like the TM others like Cleveland etc

Tap tap taparoo

Back