New Miyazaki Shafts Coming Soon

I'm really excited. The only Miyazaki shafts I've hit to date are the C. Kua's in the new Cleveland line, and the Dromos in the srixon z-star driver. These shafts have intrigued me since I first read about them.

Being that I currently play a DVS shaft, I would think the White Kusala might fit me. A softer more active tip.

JB, any more word on Miyazaki's online fitting program or was I dreaming something like this up.

I'm at a total loss.

I will say I love my Miya's!

Way to creep up the thread, jim. To think I actually wasted 30 seconds of my life trying to reach out to you when you came asking for pity.

Pretty cool to see Miyazaki dabble in the iron shaft game. I can't wait for THP to get their hands on some of this new product.

I bet you can't, mr. shaft tester! In all seriousness, all the recent talk of graphite iron shafts has had my interested piqued anyways. With Miyazaki entering the arena, its gets that much more interesting. I love the C. Kua in my Mashies. Very interested to see how they might perform in irons.

It would be so awesome if you could swing some Forum Testing JB! What an interesting twist that would be! Bringing further fitting to the people!

Aside from the Kusala white, the wedge shaft is very interesting to me. Eidolon's graphite wedge shafts have been talked about highly. Curious how these would stack up to them.

Aside from the Kusala white, the wedge shaft is very interesting to me. Eidolon's graphite wedge shafts have been talked about highly. Curious how these would stack up to them.

I agree Hawkster! Miyazaki iron shafts are cool enough, but wedge shafts too? Very interesting!

Glad to see someone else try out graphite iron shafts. I remember when DL3 showed up with his 845's with Loomis shafts and everyone laughed at him, until they hit them. Too bad that guy decided he could make alot more money making fishing rods.

I think Miyazaki is the perfect company for this endeavor.

Stacy Lewis plays PX graphite shafts and I heard she is pretty good.

What a crazy thread. All this arguing over the least important piece of equipment on the course.

I typically widdle my own shafts from driftwood. Really, the only pieces that matter are the shoes, the hat and bag.

My Adidas powerbands are +10 driving distance +5 accuracy. My nike visor is +5 putting accuracy. My Ogio Syncro bag is +10 iron accuracy.

Get a grip people.

This really made me laugh.
What a crazy thread. All this arguing over the least important piece of equipment on the course.

I typically widdle my own shafts from driftwood. Really, the only pieces that matter are the shoes, the hat and bag.

My Adidas powerbands are +10 driving distance +5 accuracy. My nike visor is +5 putting accuracy. My Ogio Syncro bag is +10 iron accuracy.

Get a grip people.

Miyazaki will launch some new shafts later this year to the market but in the next few weeks these shafts will go to the PGA Tour, Nationwide Tour and Champion's Tour.

The shafts will be 2 new Kusala colors. White which has a softer tip then Silver and a different profile from Silver. Indigo, the profile is a flat stiffness profile from tip to butt and falls in-between the Blue series and Black series.

Also launching will be a specialty wedge shaft around 115 grams with a unique flex code.

Last but not least will be a 55 gram iron shaft in the genre of the C Kua series.

Lots of exciting news coming from Miyazaki over the next few months. We will have pictures and reviews of the product coming up soon.
Really exciting to see what Miyazaki is brining next. I am intrigued by the wedge shaft. I can't wait to hear more about them and see the pictures.

As I read through this thread I am saddened there are sick pukes like this out in the world. Hateful, ignorant, misinformed pukes...and then they blame chemo.

As I read through this thread I am saddened there are sick pukes like this out in the world. Hateful, ignorant, misinformed pukes...and then they blame chemo.

Well said. Apparently the chemo was applied directly to the cerebellum.

I'm interested in the iron shafts in particular. Would love to compare these with some of new lightweight steel offerings. It would be nice to see the difference in feedback between a steel with something like sensicore vs graphite.

--
tapatalk

Sounds like some pretty exciting things coming down the pike from Miyazaki. I personally can't wait to hear more on their new offerings.

As far as the couple of flamers coming in to troll, I'm guessing its a pretty sad life for some people when they have to validate their lives by trash talking everyone else. I've known people like that before, but didn't know them for long.

These sound great.
I would love to see what the white Kusala would look like in my R11.

I think so....But I would like to go a step further and possibly do a forum testing. Obviously I have no idea if that can happen or not, but I think it would be a fun test.

Ohh iron testing Miyazaki's would be sick!!! I had my opinions on some of the standard, flexier graphite shafts, but would LOVE to see some Miyazaki stiff iron shafts get a workout by a couple THP members.. Maybe even make an appearance at the outing next year..

And whoever said Miyazaki white... I can only imagine how great that shaft will look... I'm not for white driver heads, but I am DEFINITELY for white driver shafts!!

Ohh iron testing Miyazaki's would be sick!!! I had my opinions on some of the standard, flexier graphite shafts, but would LOVE to see some Miyazaki stiff iron shafts get a workout by a couple THP members.. Maybe even make an appearance at the outing next year..

And whoever said Miyazaki white... I can only imagine how great that shaft will look... I'm not for white driver heads, but I am DEFINITELY for white driver shafts!!

+1 Any of those scenarios would be AWESOME!!

I think so....But I would like to go a step further and possibly do a forum testing. Obviously I have no idea if that can happen or not, but I think it would be a fun test.

oh wow that would be the EPIC testing of the year!!

if only bc Miyazaki is hard to get your hands on in smaller corners of the world. I hadnt seen more than one until i went to florida. stores just dont carry em. and its a shame bc the shafts are so solid.

Last edited:

from what JB initially said - the miya white would fall above the silver. which is the higher launching of the Kusala line. So it would be an even higher launching shaft? i may have to reread post 1. but thats what i took out of it.

the silver was the current mid to high launch shaft.
the blue was always the mid launch and the black was the lowest launching shaft of the kusala line.

JB fit me into the silver at the outing - so Id def like to try the white. I always need a little more kick out of my drivers.

And after seeing you hit your driver, you DO NOT need any more height. I still think you are costing yourself yards hitting it that high. A black kusala (have you hit gus's?) would give you yards im sure. probably close to 280-300. you strike the ball so well.

It'll be interesting to see what a good graphite shaft would be like in an iron, and I would certainly consider one in the future.

The main concern I'd have is resilience: I can see how a graphite shaft works with the sweeping shots of a driver, wood or hybrid, but how will they stand up to the ground interaction you'll have with an iron. I know that graphite's been used a lot in ladies' and seniors' clubs, but will they stand up to the increased energy of a higher swing speed player regularly taking divots?

If they can get that strength but get the right flex, then I can see these becoming popular if the price point is correct.

Side note: You can get the Matrix Radix that TC reviewed in white now if you want for the same price

It'll be interesting to see what a good graphite shaft would be like in an iron, and I would certainly consider one in the future.

The main concern I'd have is resilience: I can see how a graphite shaft works with the sweeping shots of a driver, wood or hybrid, but how will they stand up to the ground interaction you'll have with an iron. I know that graphite's been used a lot in ladies' and seniors' clubs, but will they stand up to the increased energy of a higher swing speed player regularly taking divots?

If they can get that strength but get the right flex, then I can see these becoming popular if the price point is correct.

Matt kuchar plays graphite. He's pretty good I guess. There are stiffer and sturdier shafts out there than ladies or seniors.

shoot, i just ordered a c.kua but a white kusala would be nice in my r11!

@HAWK, When you throw a jerk a rope to save himself, he'll do nothing but hang himself with it.

I don't mean to thread jack but I can't give you anymore Rep until I spread it around a little.

Back