bhilton

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anybody have a good way to deal with these? After a midnight run to the ER due to the pain I was having, I now know I have a kidney stone. Is there anyway to get this process over a little faster? I've already had to cancel this afternoon's round of golf and I don't want to cancel many more.

You'll think I'm crazy dude, but start pounding beers. Flush them biotches out. My old man has passed more than you can imagine. Hell, he passed one at the very first THP get together and played the next day.

Ouch! I take it it is small enough to pass without them doing anything? My Brother in law had to have them broken up to be able to pass them. Good luck.

Too late now, but I hear drinking lots of water helps prevent them. Of course, I'm no expert!

Wow, I have heard that it is the equivalent of a woman giving birth. I have never had them (thank goodness), but I hear it can be really bad. Sorry bro.

I suffered for many years with kidney stones when I was younger. My Dr. told me it was a close to giving birth as a man can get, so I feel completely for you.

Cranberry juice is what he told me to drink while I was waiting to pass the stone. Seems there is something in cranberries that helps the urinary system and helps break down kidney stones faster. You have to make sure it is 100% cranberry juice, not some blend or only 10% juice. It really worked. Thankfully (knock on wood), haven't had them in years but then ever since, I have a glass of cranberry juice 2X a week and haven't had another attack in almost 22 yrs.

My dad got them when he gave up drinking beer - three times in 5 years. I never saw him in more pain than with those.

Reason enough for me to never give up my beer lol

You'll think I'm crazy dude, but start pounding beers. Flush them biotches out. My old man has passed more than you can imagine. Hell, he passed one at the very first THP get together and played the next day.

That is exactly what my boss just told me. The only problem is I'm not a drinker. It may be a good time to start.

That is exactly what my boss just told me. The only problem is I'm not a drinker. It may be a good time to start.

You're going to want to dude. When that stone gets into a certain vessel to start it's trip out, you're going to want something. I've seen stones drop my old man to the ground dude. I'm serious. Start drinking beer. A lot.

Im sorry to hear about this. I heard they can be very painful. I wish you a speedy recovery!

I have a buddy that gets them regularly. His doctor says its from eating too much dairy and not drinking enough fluids. Doesn't have to be beer, water will work just fine. You need more liquids to help them pass without getting stuck in your urinary tract.

He says its the worst pain he's ever had in his life...

Small is right, so much depends on the size and shape of the stones. Then there's the number of stones as well. I get them on occasion, the last was during a hunting trip in the middle of no where.

I took TC's route all weekend and was still passing them when I did get to the doc. Some people get them too big to pass.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Oh my goodness. I've had Gall Stones but not kidney stones. I was told the same regarding Cranberry juice. has to be pure has to be real cannot be from concentrate either. I thought Gall Stones were bad but I've been told that Kidney stones are worse.

Good luck to you buddy. I'm not a drinker either so beer wouldn't be my friend. Cranberry juice and lots of that with water and I think you're on the right track. Won't cure what you've got, but will help for the long haul.

I chringed when I saw this thread title. I have only had 1 but it was a doozy, the size of a pencil eraser and barbs all over it. The doctor tried to break it up but that bugger was tough. I had to be put to sleep and he went in and retireved it with a small basket like device. Pee'd red for 2 days, but it was worth it. When you have a real attack the pills they give you don't work, demerol won't work either, it takes morphine to work, trust me, I know. I hope yours is small enough to pass, drink lots of liquids and I would try what MaryC said about pure cranberry, good luck.

Gotta tell ya, this thread is freaking the hell out of me! :nailbiting:

My brother and his wife both recently had issues with kidney stones and really all you can do is drink plenty of fluids to flush them out of your system.

Does anybody have a good way to deal with these? After a midnight run to the ER due to the pain I was having, I now know I have a kidney stone. Is there anyway to get this process over a little faster? I've already had to cancel this afternoon's round of golf and I don't want to cancel many more.

You were at the emergency room and they didn't take care of them. They could have used sound to break them up. Anyway....boil some pumpkin seeds and drink the water. Doesnt taste good but it will break them up and you will pass them. It's going to be a little painful no matter what you try. Good luck!

Tapatalk'n from my iPad

A buddy of mine gets them fairly regularly. He just pounds back litres and litres of water and they will pass. If they are bad, I know you can get sonic treatments that will break them up to make them easier to pass.

You were at the emergency room and they didn't take care of them. They could have used sound to break them up. Anyway....boil some pumpkin seeds and drink the water. Doesnt taste good but it will break them up and you will pass them. It's going to be a little painful no matter what you try. Good luck!

Tapatalk'n from my iPad

They usually won't do lithotripsy in the ED, people usually have it done after they are admitted.

Kidney stone treatment: hydration and pain control. Sounds simple, but it's not. You have to drink a ton of fluid so that you're peeing as much as possible to get the stone to pass.

I had one a few years ago, pretty miserable experience. I did a midnight ER run as well and when they did the CT scan they missed the stone and sent me home. Went in a week later they did another CT and saw the stone but it was stuck by that point and I had to have surgery. One thing I've heard works pretty well is drinking olive oil, it sounds disgusting and believe me it is. They say to drink 3 oz of olive oil mixed with 1 oz of lemon juice, I guess it helps the stone pass. Good luck!

I had one a few years ago, pretty miserable experience. I did a midnight ER run as well and when they did the CT scan they missed the stone and sent me home. Went in a week later they did another CT and saw the stone but it was stuck by that point and I had to have surgery. One thing I've heard works pretty well is drinking olive oil, it sounds disgusting and believe me it is. They say to drink 3 oz of olive oil mixed with 1 oz of lemon juice, I guess it helps the stone pass. Good luck!
See the sixth tip in the first link I posted earlier.

I pray I never get one of these things, it sounds horrendous, Good luck passing it.

OUCH! I've been lucky enough to never have them, but my best friend did, his doc told him to do the cranberry juice thing...he said it helped. I like the sound of the beer cure much better though.

Hope things get better soon!

Gotta tell ya, this thread is freaking the hell out of me! :nailbiting:

It should and pray you never get one of these things. Seriously, the only time I've ever sobbed for hours even AFTER having demerol mainlined in my wrist.

FYI, there is a lot of research that says these aren't caused only by eating lots of dairy or not drinking enough fluids. It's important you find you what type of stone you have and then you will know how to try and prevent it http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kidney-stones/DS00282/DSECTION=causes

It should and pray you never get one of these things. Seriously, the only time I've ever sobbed for hours even AFTER having demerol mainlined in my wrist.

FYI, there is a lot of research that says these aren't caused only by eating lots of dairy or not drinking enough fluids. It's important you find you what type of stone you have and then you will know how to try and prevent it http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kidney-stones/DS00282/DSECTION=causes

It was about 20 minutes after that the doctor told me he was going to give me some "vitamin m" I asked what is that and he told me morphine. That stuff works, big time.

Back