No more golf for this guy

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone, hopefully I can come back strong, might even be able to play some golf at the end of the season, until then it's THP or bust.

I is similar to that, rotating hurts it, especially counter clockwise, hitting the driver has hurt a lot

Thanks for the reply. I've been reading up and it seems that most places say to immobilize for 4 weeks (splint or brace), ice, and take ibuprofen or naproxen sodium. If that doesn't work arthroscopic surgery is then usually the next step.
Do they plan on leaving the cast on more than 4 weeks?

dang sorry about your injury hope you heal fast .. You will break into the 70's again. Take your time getting back

Injuries are always the worse. At least you can practice your putting!

Bummer, thats got to be rough after shooting a great round. Get well soon.

Sucks that you are injured. On the bright side a cast would force you into a flat wrist at the top! LOL. Sorry, I shouldn't make light of your injury. Sounds like lots of putting practice and lower scores are in your future.

Found out this morning I tore the cartilage in my wrist so they are putting a cast on me Monday. Don't know what I am going to do for the rest of the summer, maybe live vicariously through everyone on here.

What really sucks is that I have been in pain for a little over a month and I just shot a 78 on Monday, first time I ever broke 80! I was really looking forward to doing it again.

Anyone else every have this kind of wrist injury before? How did it end up?

Sorry to hear this, I had the exact same injury about 2 years ago and I had to wear a huge brace for about 2 months and it was all good.

Sorry to hear this...heal up soon so you can join us on the links.

Sorry to hear about the injury, that sucks! But on the bright side if you just shot your best ever round with a BAD wrist, think how good you'll play with a good wrist :D

Bummer! Make sure it is 100% before getting back into it. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

If anyone here has wrist pain, which I did for a year plus, do yourself a favor and take synflex1500 twice a day until pain free, then once a day. Also, use "the cold one" wrist wrap each morning and night, and after any golf and then stretch your wrist both ways lightly several times a day. Check amazon reviews, best of luck...Joe
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear it, especially as your game is coming in, but doc knows best. Heal properly and you may go pain free in later years.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Sorry to hear about your injury. I can't imagine how frustrating that would be. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Well the cast is on and it's hard to type looks like i will be mostly a reader for 4 weeks…
photo.jpg

I'd hit balls with one arm. Plenty of benefits from doing one arm drills in golf. There are vids on youtube and other stuff online if you search google. Hope ya heal up quickly. GL

edit: Putt and chip as well.

Sorry to hear that man. My only advice is to let it heal completely and don't rush back. I had the same injury last summer and tried to rush back to both golf and softball, both heavily rely on rotating your wrists through impact. Ended up back in a brace for another 3 months.

Bummer. My son broke his left wrist and got the cast off 2 weeks ago. His first round back he sot his personal best. I think his stiff left wrist really improved his chipping and putting so maybe there is a silver lining.

hopefully there is a silver lining bumpnrun!

Thanks for all the support everyone, I've only had it 2 days and already I want to cut it off, very frustrating! But I know this will all help in the long run so i am sticking it out and taking this time off to analyze my game and my recent scores to find out ways to better attack a course mentally, hopefully I can come back better than ever!

I'm back!!! got the cast off and now just trying to get the strength back and wait for the soreness to go away before hitting the course. Hopefully I will be out again soon, thanks again for all the support!

Back