SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

Played another round and had more great results. Shot 83 and had a very solid 30 putts. Had one 3 putt from about 60 feet... had close to 6 feet left on the second putt and lipped it right, really my only hiccup. Made three putts between 10-15 feet, and also sunk another one from the fringe about 15 feet away with about 3 cups of break. Made six - 1 putts, ten - 2 putts, one - 3 putt, and the 0 putt from the fringe. I have really found something with the compact backswing and accelerating agressively through the ball. My distance control has been money! I have cut the toe pushes down to a minumum, although it does rear it's ugly head on occasion. I missed two makable putts, the 6 footer that ended in a three putt, and a 7 foot birdie putt. So in review, I have 55 putts in my last two rounds (25,30) and I am very happy with the Si3 right now. Now if I could get my driver straight, I will be on to something!

Well, things are possibly starting to come back around a bit after a few adjustments and while typing that I'm reminded of Ted's remarks about being able to easily figure out what your doing wrong and fix it. That very well may be the true beauty of these putters and the stuctured technique involved. I'm still not 100% using their technique, call it a hybrid if you like, but I do use a lot of the elements and trusting it once over the ball on a fast slippery slope is oh so important. I can generally see what I did wrong and many times know what caused it, but other times I have to go back to the practice grounds and start eleminating mistakes through trial and error. In only a couple of sessions and a video camera I found that I was:

1. Too far inside the ball, or away from it. My old setup was well over and the new is to have your eye's just inside, but in my attempt to get there I guess I over shot the mark.

2. Still too hunched over. This is a tough one for me as after almost 30 years of putting this way I'm comfortable in that position.

3. Still overlapping my grip just a bit and my right pointy finger keeps sticking down the shaft, which Ted wanted me to break that habit.

4. Not releasing the putter well on crucial or short down hill putts.

I found numerous other issues, but those seem to be the ones that haunt me the most, so I'm putting extra effort to fix those before starting elsewhere and I'm liking the results so far. Men's league last night was a solid round that could have been great, but with 13 putts during the pre-round and 14 during the actual round I'm ok with it. The majority of my strokes felt very smooth, very solid, all but one had a chance to go. No 3 putts, but solid chipping helped that some. I did have 6 birdie putts, 4 were very makable and I missed all of them. I think only one was inside of six feet, but it was very straight and up hill, I simply choked. One was a down hill slidder that I jabbed rather than release and it cost me, but the rest were really asking a lot and not high percentage.

I can honestly say that I'm a better putter than I was before starting this testing and with a little luck/effort I may actually be good at it one day. Thanks again THP and SeeMore!

I'm curious as to how many of you prefer the SeeMore to your previous putters?

Based on SeeMore choosing you for this test, would you say that it will influence your future putting purchases for that reason or because it's a better product?

I've enjoyed following this thread. Thank you for all of the great info!

Without a doubt I prefer my SeeMore to my other putters. The alignment system is first class and I love the feel. I have had no issues with the arrow, its the indian that needs work.

I would recommend this putter to anyone that will listen.

Golf is a very funny sport, cant ever seem to get it all going at once.

Here, here,

My putting is off and on like many I have great day, good days and :at-wits-end: days. Overall I think im improving. I spent some time last night on the practice green doing some drills, putting between two T's and working on my alignment. I still need to release the putter better most of the time but im working on it.

Had a few long putts the other day that found the bottom of the cup. Its always nice when that happens. My lagging is off and on, since its so hot here in Bakersfield they are soaking the greens and the speed is just not consistent. But thats summer golf in the valley.

have a great weekend.

3. Still overlapping my grip just a bit and my right pointy finger keeps sticking down the shaft, which Ted wanted me to break that habit.

Figured it would be easier to ask here instead of searching through the thread. Can you describe the grip you are trying to do? You are doing a grip with no overlap of left and right hand???

Had a great round of Putts with my SeeMore. Playing another round with her in the morning. 30 putts isn't to shabby. I want to be consistently in the upper 20's if possible but can live with low 30's... If you want to improve you have to dream it & want it. I do both . Now all I got to do is do it:D. Lest s see what tomorrow brings....

Called seemore today and you guys are right there amazing. My question for the forum is has anyone used there belly putters? If so what ones and lengths? How's the targeting work with belly vs traditional? Thanks

Called seemore today and you guys are right there amazing. My question for the forum is has anyone used there belly putters? If so what ones and lengths? How's the targeting work with belly vs traditional? Thanks

Glad to see you take the first step! One of the Euro testers (thepete I believe) was having his converted to a belly putter; hopefully he sees this and is able to chime in.

Got out and played 9 last night and was putting decently...not great but decent. Ended up shooting a 42 with 16 putts. I had (5) 2 putts, (3) 1 putts, and (1) 3 putt.

2 of the 1 putts from were within 6 feet and the other was a 45 foot birdie putt - DRAINED!! Of course, that was after I missed a 10 footer for birdie on the previous hole so they kinda offset each other.

The sole 3 putt was on hole number 9. Misjudged the break and speed from about 36 feet away and left myself a 5 footer which I then missed.

I think a good part of my issue now is my brain and overthinking everything. If it's a slow putt, it will not break as much; am I playing too much break; don't hit it too firm that you run in past the hole. I really do think my putting fundamentals are fairly solid but now my brain (or lack thereof) is getting in the way. Always something to work on!!

Figured it would be easier to ask here instead of searching through the thread. Can you describe the grip you are trying to do? You are doing a grip with no overlap of left and right hand???

Man, I'm sorry for missing this. My grip is left hand high standard position with my right hand NOT overlapping at all, but just touching the left hand, (up against it). I can try to get someone to snap a pic, might be a good idea as the guys at SeeMore could check it out for me. I've always overlapped and kept my pointy finger of the right hand down the shaft, but they are wanting me to stop both.

Hope that helps!

edit: to be honest, I had no faith in this grip starting out and still try to fight it, but I do keep the ball on line better with it as it makes me release the putter better.

Chunky - I noticed in your Pro Combo post that your putting, especially the lags, seemed to be going pretty well! Would you agree?

Another great putting round. 27 putts (14-13). I am really feeling at home with the Si3 in my hands. I am very confident in any putt under 8 feet, and my lag putting is off the charts good. If I am more than a tap in away on lags I am dissapointed. As a matter of fact, I am trying to make 20+ footers now. My overall game could use some help, HAHA. But my putting is great. My highest putting mark in my last four rounds is 30, and lowest is 25. Pretty darn solid!

27 putts is awesome. Nice job, TH!

Another great putting round. 27 putts (14-13). I am really feeling at home with the Si3 in my hands. I am very confident in any putt under 8 feet, and my lag putting is off the charts good. If I am more than a tap in away on lags I am dissapointed. As a matter of fact, I am trying to make 20+ footers now. My overall game could use some help, HAHA. But my putting is great. My highest putting mark in my last four rounds is 30, and lowest is 25. Pretty darn solid!

The fact that you are consistently in that 25-30 range is outstanding; very nice work man!

27 putts is awesome. Nice job, TH!
Thanks Hawk. It has been 4 months filled with ups and downs. Stance, grip, stroke changes. Finally, I am really feeling confident in the SeeMore Si3 every time I hit the links. Up until now, I have had good rounds followed by some bad ones. I think the trip to Bandon Dunes really helped too. Everything seems a little easier up here after seeing those greens, especially at Old Mac.

The fact that you are consistently in that 25-30 range is outstanding; very nice work man!

Consistancy was really the last step for me, and I think it has finally arrived. I had flashes of brilliance followed by some donkey like efforts. Seems like I have finally turned the corner.

Chunky - I noticed in your Pro Combo post that your putting, especially the lags, seemed to be going pretty well! Would you agree?

I was just getting in here to comment on this Hawk. My putting the last few rounds has been a lot better. I've been working on my lag putting and 3-4 footers and it seems to be paying off. Friday I played late in the day. Had an insane day with my irons and hit 83% GIR. I had 35 putts that day which sounds like a lot but for me it was not. Due to being on the green I didn't have a lot of holes that I got to chip up close to the hole and tap it in. So I was under 2putts/green which is good for me. Plus I had quite a few putts that were long and my lags were very good. I was very happy.
Last night I went and played 9 at a course that has some really nice greens. Again I hit a lot of GIR and again my putts were under 2putts/green. All of my lag putts were good to acceptable and I'm pretty sure that there were no 3 putts. My speed on my putts is a lot better and my aim is fantastic right now. I really feel like my game is rounding into top shape. If I can get it down to 32 putts/round I will be ecstatic. Tonight I plan on working on my chipping and 3-5 footers.

One thing I wanted to touch on and explain is how I've been working on my lag putts. I read an article in GD and decided to try it out and it seems to be working. Put a club about a foot behind the hole. Then take your putter and lay it down and put a tee in the green at the end of your putter. Do this until you are about 20 feet out. Now going from shortest to longest practice your putting. Pay attention to getting the ball past the hole but inside the club. This drill seems to really be working for me.

Uffda! Played another 9 yesterday and really had the irons going, but left the putter behind. My only excuse; we've had 10 straight days of rain which of course has slowed down greens TREMENDOUSLY. I was really starting to find my groove with faster greens and the SeeMore was rolling well until yesterday. I had two 3 putts and 1 one putt. However, I had 3 GIRs, I rolled one in for a birdie of about 8ft. The two other GIRs, one was a 2 putt par and the other a 3 putt bogey. This came early (2nd hole) before I could truly grasp how slow the greens were.

In the end, I was able to make solid adjustments and quickly thanks to the SeeMore.

Sounds like a solid round overall. Those greens will speed back up for you soon.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Always been interested in this club because of the alignment help, so looking forward to reading some of these reviews.

I really struggled with the Si3 this weekend. In it's defense, it was more my reading of the greens than the putter, but the numbers don't lie. 34 putts and two 3 putts. One was legit, it was from about 60 feet, and that happens on occasion. The other was from 25 feet on the first hole. I thought there was about 5 feet of break in the putt, pulled it a little, and it turned out there was only about 2 feet of break. I was left with a testy 6 footer straight down hill down grain and lipped it out. Missed 5 makeable birdie putts of under 15 feet, made one. One of six is not good, especially when 3 of them were under 10 feet. Tee to green I was great, (for me), and typically I couldn't come through with my putting. Over the past 4 rounds I have averaged 27 putts, yet wasn't great tee to green in 3 of them. Made some great putts and scrambled well to keep the scores ok. This weekend I had a great chance to go low, (for me mid 70's), and my putting let me down. It just goes to show how hard it is to put a complete round together.

OK All,

As you know I've been just screaming along with my si-3 these months. Great putting, super confident, feel like I can make everything no matter what, etc.

BUT, the past few rounds I've been atrocious on the greens. At first I thought it was because we've had almost no rain in weeks here in CT and the greens are fast and firm plus I've been playing more difficult courses. Yesterday was the worst day I've had on the greens since April. I had 8 three putts on the back nine! It was awful. I looked back at the stats I keep and the past four rounds I've had 15 three putts. That is the most I've had in over six months.

Here's what I'm seeing. Speed is good. When I miss on my non-3 putts it is either right at the hole or just beyond. Most of my misses are going left of the hole not right (meaning I'm not pushing my pre-SeeMore putts). When I three putt, it has been on from the 2 O Clock to 4 O clock or 10 o clock to 8 o clock side zone (thinking of the hole a clock face with 12 at the top and 6 at the bottom).

I've revisited the videos and DVD. I'm going to have a good friend really look critically at my putting on Wednesday when we play.

Anyone else seen this? Or maybe it is just one of those phases we go through...

OK All,

As you know I've been just screaming along with my si-3 these months. Great putting, super confident, feel like I can make everything no matter what, etc.

BUT, the past few rounds I've been atrocious on the greens. At first I thought it was because we've had almost no rain in weeks here in CT and the greens are fast and firm plus I've been playing more difficult courses. Yesterday was the worst day I've had on the greens since April. I had 8 three putts on the back nine! It was awful. I looked back at the stats I keep and the past four rounds I've had 15 three putts. That is the most I've had in over six months.

Here's what I'm seeing. Speed is good. When I miss on my non-3 putts it is either right at the hole or just beyond. Most of my misses are going left of the hole not right (meaning I'm not pushing my pre-SeeMore putts). When I three putt, it has been on from the 2 O Clock to 4 O clock or 10 o clock to 8 o clock side zone (thinking of the hole a clock face with 12 at the top and 6 at the bottom).

I've revisited the videos and DVD. I'm going to have a good friend really look critically at my putting on Wednesday when we play.

Anyone else seen this? Or maybe it is just one of those phases we go through...

I was pushing a ton of putts from 6 feet in and what helped me most was the "eyes closed drill" that Ted had me do. This works for pulls too! Set up on the practice green with a straight 4 footer and hit your putts with your eyes closed. Do your normal routine and just close your eyes on the actual stroke. It is usually a bit ugly at first. But once you start making those, move back a couple of feet. Before you know it, the short ones look pretty easy when your eyes are open. I still do it on the practice greens before my rounds and my putting numbers have been pretty solid of late, with the exception of this weekend. HAHA

I was pushing a ton of putts from 6 feet in and what helped me most was the "eyes closed drill" that Ted had me do. This works for pulls too! Set up on the practice green with a straight 4 footer and hit your putts with your eyes closed. Do your normal routine and just close your eyes on the actual stroke. It is usually a bit ugly at first. But once you start making those, move back a couple of feet. Before you know it, the short ones look pretty easy when your eyes are open. I still do it on the practice greens before my rounds and my putting numbers have been pretty solid of late, with the exception of this weekend. HAHA

Thanks! Great tip. I emailed Ted too and he gave me a few things to take a look at. I'm guessing it is something silly like posture that I haven't noticed I'm doing.

I have to say the SeeMore has increased my confidence in my putting exponentially. While it it's still not the strongest part of my game, I no longer approach putts with trepidation. I still leave a few short, but for the most part my misses are long and right. That in itself is a massive improvement, as I used to miss everything short. The next big improvement is that on those misses, even when I run it 5 feet by, I stanf over the putt and ram it in the back of the hole.

In short, I love this putter!

I want to thank the testers that took part in this testing. It was a lot of fun and eye opening for a ton of readers. We lost 1-2 testers half way through it I think, but thank you all that continued to update your rounds.

Back