MLB 2011 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brewers traded for K-Rod, and for a song. The Brew Crew have definately pushed all in. They are going to win the NL Central, hopefully they can carry that into the playoffs.

The Brewers traded for K-Rod, and for a song. The Brew Crew have definately pushed all in. They are going to win the NL Central, hopefully they can carry that into the playoffs.

I wouldnt speak to soon. Not sure how you think this puts them as a lock for the central. The Cardinals have managed to hang around without a healthy team for awhile. They are starting to get all the pieces back and Carpenter is throwing like an ace again. Dont sleep on the Cardinals

I wouldnt speak to soon. Not sure how you think this puts them as a lock for the central. The Cardinals have managed to hang around without a healthy team for awhile. They are starting to get all the pieces back and Carpenter is throwing like an ace again. Dont sleep on the Cardinals

Of course nothing is certain, but now interleague is over and the weakest part of the Brewers roster is bolstered. The Brewers had to play Boston in Fenway, the Yankees in New York and the Rays in Milwaukee. The Cardinals had Baltimore, Tampa, and Toronto. They have had a favorable schedule. The Brewers and cards play 8 times in August, so that will do a good job of evening things out.

The Brew Crew is the only team in the NL that scares this Phillies fan....great signing

The Brew Crew is the only team in the NL that scares this Phillies fan....great signing

The Brewers did hit Halliday and Lee pretty good earlier this season when they took that series 2 out of 3 in Philly.

The brewers are a lock cause they got a closer? Lol they have to play 8 innings before he matters,

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

The brewers are a lock cause they got a closer? Lol they have to play 8 innings before he matters,

Not even using him as a closer they have him as a SU guy. He will be a 17 million dollar setup guy next year when this option of his vests. Id rather the Cardinals save their 17 mil for someone named Pujols.. Its ok people said they werent worried about us in 2006 and look what happened. Still have the most WS wins in the NL and the best fans in the game

arguable stereotype

Not even using him as a closer they have him as a SU guy. He will be a 17 million dollar setup guy next year when this option of his vests. Id rather the Cardinals save their 17 mil for someone named Pujols.. Its ok people said they werent worried about us in 2006 and look what happened. Still have the most WS wins in the NL and the best fans in the game

arguable stereotype

Maybe. We have very knowledgeable fans who love and respect the game. I can't think of any incidents of fan interference comprable to Phillies fans throwing batteries at one of our outfielders.

You think 17 mil will keep Pujols?

The Brewers don't have to pay 17mil for him, that is his option if he finishes 55 games. KRod's base salary is 4.9 mil this year, and the Brewers only have to pay some of that.

Not sure I understand why they did this. He only gets 17 mill next year if he enters 20 more games (55 total for the season). If the Brewers use him right this is a big pick up. Hawkins, Rodriguez, Axford - 7-8-9. Cameron Loe has fallen apart for the Brewers. We know Prince is not coming back next year so they have gone all in. Now if Greinke can come back up to where he should be the Crew will be fine.

Not sure I understand why they did this. He only gets 17 mill next year if he enters 20 more games (55 total for the season). If the Brewers use him right this is a big pick up. Hawkins, Rodriguez, Axford - 7-8-9. Cameron Loe has fallen apart for the Brewers. We know Prince is not coming back next year so they have gone all in. Now if Greinke can come back up to where he should be the Crew will be fine.

I thought it was if he finishes 55 games with either a save, win or loss.

You think 17 mil will keep Pujols?

The Brewers don't have to pay 17mil for him, that is his option if he finishes 55 games. KRod's base salary is 4.9 mil this year, and the Brewers only have to pay some of that.

No I dont think 17 will get him, but that would be 17 less we would have to try and work out a deal with him. Pujols will stay a Cardinal more than likely, but we couldnt afford to go make that deal. I just think that for you to say since you got an 8th inning guy you are a lock to win the central? You have to be leading the game through 7 innings to get to him...

No I dont think 17 will get him, but that would be 17 less we would have to try and work out a deal with him. Pujols will stay a Cardinal more than likely, but we couldnt afford to go make that deal. I just think that for you to say since you got an 8th inning guy you are a lock to win the central? You have to be leading the game through 7 innings to get to him...

They don't have to pay him 17 million.

Are you going to cry when the Cubs sign Pujols?

About as much as you cry when your without a 1B next year. Except Pujols will stay in St. Louis because we realize his value to the team and wont let him walk.. Whose playing 1st for Milwaukee next year? Craig Counsell?

About as much as you cry when your without a 1B next year. Except Pujols will stay in St. Louis because we realize his value to the team and wont let him walk.. Whose playing 1st for Milwaukee next year? Craig Counsell?

The Brewers front office realize Prince's value, but Prince's agent overestimates his value. The Brewers can't afford to pay 2 guys 20mil a year.

Mat Gamel is in AAA playing first base, he has had ML time this year at 3rd and he swings a really good bat.

Lots of heat in here. The good news for Brewers fans is if K-Rod causes problems it will really hurt his value going into next year. On the Pujols issue, I can't see him leaving St. Louis but anything could happen.

Now onto the most likable team in the MLB: the Cleveland Indians! They were struggling at the break and really need to get Talbot out of the rotation and also could use a RF due to Choo's injury.

Tap before talk.

The Brewers front office realize Prince's value, but Prince's agent overestimates his value. The Brewers can't afford to pay 2 guys 20mil a year.

Matt Gamel is in AAA playing first base, he has had ML time this year at 3rd and he swings a really good bat.

I was hoping Gamel would be the guy instead of Laporta in the Sabathia trade. Your statement is to mean he will play 1st only for the big club, correct? Because watching him play third was, at times, terrible.

Tap before talk.

It'll be great when the Pirates win the NL Central! Story of the year!

Mat Gamel is in AAA playing first base, he has had ML time this year at 3rd and he swings a really good bat.

I apologize for all the overeaction. I just know its silly to think that by adding an 8th inning guy it locks up the division. I just know one thing is certain and that is that this is going to be a great race.

I apologize for all the overeaction. I just know its silly to think that by adding an 8th inning guy it locks up the division. I just know one thing is certain and that is that this is going to be a great race.

You didn't need to apologize. I took no offense.

The 8th inning guys was the weakest spot of the Brewers bullpen. They have lost a lot of games in the 8th this year. This should help fill that hole.

The Cards are so well coached and managed, that they will definately be in the race, always.

I was hoping Gamel would be the guy instead of Laporta in the Sabathia trade. Your statement is to mean he will play 1st only for the big club, correct? Because watching him play third was, at times, terrible.

Tap before talk.

Yeah they have been grooming him for 1st in the big show.

You didn't need to apologize. I took no offense.

The 8th inning guys was the weakest spot of the Brewers bullpen. They have lost a lot of games in the 8th this year. This should help fill that hole.

The Cards are so well coached and managed, that they will definately be in the race, always.

Unless the Pirates fall off, which it doesnt seem like they are going to, we will have a 4 team race. The Reds arent playing great ball, but if they can get that starting rotation figured out they will be very very good.

Haha pujols is more about a winning team then cash, he would never goto the cubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back