What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a strange day on the course today for me, played the Valley course again today from the second from the back tees, and hit the first 7 greens in regulation, problem is I then 3 jiggled the first 3 greens in a row for bogey. Then it gets good and I have a birdie and a bunch of pars and finish the back with a 40, 1 birdie, 5 bogeys, and 3 pars. Then we make the turn and I lose my swing for a while and got on the bogey train and just couldn't shake it, plus I had 2 doubles and only 1 par on the back side. Oh well I finished with a 40-45 for an 85 but it was still a great day out there.

Only played 11 and shot a 52.

Actually had a pretty amazing day at my local club (Twin Lakes GC). Only played 9 holes, but ended up with a 38: 3 bogies and 1 birdie

My last 18 hole score was an AWFUL 88...

That 38 a good score off a 12 HC.

Where are you located? I played a Twin Lakes GC last summer near Canton, Texas and really liked the course.

+1 37 with a triple on 9. :curse:

Its coming back to me a little bit! Fired a 38 for 9 holes today. Bogeyed the last hole which is an easy par because my third shot came up 10 yards short of the green and then I tried to putt it, which was tough because it was a long uphill putt and I came up 6 feet short. Lipped out the 6the footer. 38 is right where I feel I should be so I'm happy.

This Post is a little late did you ever have a round of golf where everything went right ? (stupid question, I know) on 7/10 I shot my personal best of 80 with 5 pars, 9 bogeys, 1 birdie, 3 doubles, 39 on front 17 putts 41 on back with 16 putts I've sandwiched a 87 7/7 and an 89 7/10 in there as well so sat 7/16 and sun hopefully will be 4 and 5 under 90 yay :egyptian:

yesterday I returned to the course after a weekend hiatus, went 48-41-41-38-42.

It had rained a little in the morning, so the ground was soft (but not super soft), the grass was flush and full, one could really hit down and strike the ball confidently. I've been working on a few things to straighten out that nasty hook off the tee, and have found some things that have been successful (most of which are in the set up rather than issue's with the actual swing). I've been hitting my irons better, my putting stroke is as good as it has been in a long time (it's misleading however, because I haven't played a course that isn't my home course since memorial day, so I don't know how much of my feel and stroke is me, and how much of it is simply a result of playing the same place over and over and over and over and over again)

shot an 85 today....46-39
I am really struggling with the R11....
got some weights coming in today to help with even more draw...
we shall see....

82, 39-43 double bogeyed the two easiest holes on the course...... but other than that was a good round

Shot a 77 in the blitz today after starting with a 3 putt bogey, and posted a double on the #3 hole. Only 1 birdie out of four 8 to 12 foot putts for bird. Even after starting with the 3 jack I only used 29 putts, 9 0f 14 fairways and only 38.% of GIR so the short game was very good. The 32 points I pulled only put me at +3 so I don't expect to have cashed today. It seems either the back is getting better or I am learning to play through the pain. I know it still hurts more than it should.

Shot a 42/42=84 today. Started with a birdie on 1 and had a great round until a triple on 9 when I should have had at worst a par. I was striking the ball very well with the driver today. Hitting them straighter than I ever have with my new stance. Need to stand more neutral as opposed to closed with the irons. Hitting a lot of iron shots left of the target. What really let me down was my wedge game. had been very solid but probably cost me 5-8 strokes today. Just could not get comfortable with them for some reason. Hopefully it all clicks next time.

i suck at golf
50/47
today the putter went south on me... like 4 and 5 putt south
i even missed tap ins yikes

Played a 36 hole eclectic stroke play competition today. Started with 80 and finished with a 78, net result 64.9 strokes, finished 7th out of 34.

73, +2 with 6 birdies! 41-32, what a messy round. Swapped to a 34.5" SeeMore FGP and putted really well. First round in a year without belly putter. Gonna run with it for awhile, rolling them really good now.

40-40 for 80. I played with a lady friend of mine who is the most delightful partner I have played golf with. We had a great time. Also, got a couple of tips from my pro to focus on finishing and follow through and they really helped, along with adjusting my r9 clubs to the R position. Looking forward to some possible practice time tomorrow and playing in a tournament on Friday!

Went out for an unexpected 9 holes last night. No range time or practice putts and managed a +2. Was very happy with my ball striking and putting. Feel like my game is turning a corner right now

Went out and played 9 today before the storm. I shot a +3 for 39. I'm playing pretty good right now and wish I could have played the back.

I shot my M4 and M9 today. I had shoot, move , and communicate training. :)

Tied my best score of 85 today. This time at Kaneohe Klipper. Had what I would call my best driving day ever.

Only had one bad drive and it wasn't that terrible. A low smother that still scooted out there about 200-210 just off the left side of the fairway.

Broke 270 yards three different times off the tee w/ one of those hitting about 310 (off an elevated teebox with a gale force wind at my back)! Also, these distances are based off my trust that the iPhone GolfShots app works as well as they say it does. So those #'s might just be wishful thinking.

Once I learn to chip on better I'm gonna be breaking into the high 70's to low 80's range on my good days. (Lack of confidence in chip shots has me putting from further off the green than that Israeli dude on Big Break)

Time to hit the pitching/chipping practice green real hard!!!

Last edited:
7/12/11

Shot a 77. Had 2 really bad bogeys to finish, 1 being a 3 putt on 17 and the other was a sprayed PW from the middle of the fairway on 18. I was playing the R11 which I don't really like but it just produced.

40/37

1 Birdie
10 Pars
7 Bogeys

12/14 Fairways
9/18 Greens
30 Putts

7/13/11

Was a SUPER windy day today and I just went out by myself and finished 9 holes in around 45-50 mins.

Hole 1: 5 Iron around the corner, 56*, to about 14 feet, 2 putt par. E
Hole 2: 3H to the fairway, PW pretty short but on the green, 35 foot 2 putt par. E
Hole 3: Driver to the fairway, skulled 60* to the back of the green, 40 foot 2 putt par. E
Hole 4: Pulled 5 iron left, 7 iron punch out from under a tree to the green, 2 putt bogey. +1
Hole 5: Driver, 5 iron to the corner, terrible 56* to right of the green, 20 foot lag 2 putt par. +1
Hole 6: 4W cut down the fairway, hit a 7 iron short against wind infront of the green, chip in birdie. E
Hole 7: Huge driver over trees to cut the corner, PW from 142 to about 8 feet, 2 putt par. E
Hole 8: 160 par 3, overshot with 9 iron, bad chip, 2 putt bogey. +1
Hole 9: Driver down the middle, pulled 4W into trees, punch out into sand, sand shot over green. Got stuck behind a rock so I had to punch out again, 2 putt double. +3

TOT: 39.

pretty pissed at myself on how I finished what could have been a fantastic 9 holes. 8,9 are the easiest holes on the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back