British to American translation --> torch = flashlight

Well dang, I was having fun with the mental picture of folks running aboot with torches.

that's because all CL does is hit fairways and greens

That's true, but how did I do that? hahaha

Wasn't that course featured in an article recently? I want to saw it was a golf mag of some sort but it may have just been in the paper.

I honestly don't know SW. Sorry.

I honestly don't know SW. Sorry.

I had to put my pondering cap on but I got it figured out. It was in the "fun" issue of golf digest a few month back. Knights Golf center over in Apex, if that's the same course you were referring to.

Now go grab chunky and his new irons and go play tonight :)

Have never done this, but sounds like it would be a blast. I am playing a Par 3 course tomorrow with my son, and I recall them having lights on the holes, will have to ask them about it.

One of my neighboring school districts did this every year as a fundraiser, but the course has since been shut down. They used glow balls and glow sticks to illuminate FW/greens/tee boxes. It always looked cool and the year I was gonna play they couldn't do it!

I have never done it but I know down in Kingsmill they did it a few years ago. Looked like a ton of fun just wish a course around here would do it.

Rockmanor is doing it in a couple weeks

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

Great responses everyone! Sounds like those that have tried it have had a lot of fun, exactly what I'm looking for!

So the glow balls are really hard eh? I was looking forward to watching a long drive glowing down the fairway. So should I even use my new irons?

One of my neighboring school districts did this every year as a fundraiser
This is awesome! I'm the volunteer director of a non-profit and we were thinking about new fundraiser ideas. In the past we have done a halloween costume golf tournament, I'm thinking perhaps night golf might make it into the conversations now!

Played in many of them, even snuck onto a public course one night back in college and we played 9 holes with a case of beer. One guy held the clubs while the other held the beer. If you ball went into the water, you would have to go in and get it. Had to drink a beer a hole. Lots of fun.

Played some where they were play 9 in the evening, head in to eat and load up on beers, then head out to play 9 as glow ball. Some of the greatest stories I have come from the glow ball events. They are worth every $$$$ to play!

Never played sounds fun though

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Ive seen par 3s that are lighted and chip and putts. Otherwise never heard of this and personally I would not do it.

We have a local pitch and putt that does it every month and I have played in a few. They use the clear balls with the light sticks inside them. The balls are very hard and can dent the faces so irons are recommended. The biggest tip that I can give is that if you plan on spinning the ball on the green you wont be able to so you have to play for the roll. Other than that they are alot of fun and dont forget a flashlight and bug spray.

Another good tip is that if the hole isnt lighted we put a ball in the hole to illuminate it. Have fun

It's fun and a good time to enjoy a few cold ones. The ball travels a minimal distance but it's cool against the dark sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Great responses everyone! Sounds like those that have tried it have had a lot of fun, exactly what I'm looking for!

So the glow balls are really hard eh? I was looking forward to watching a long drive glowing down the fairway. So should I even use my new irons? "

My cousin damaged his driver and fairway, I had none but used really old driver and fairways at the time, never saw a mark on my then new irons. The globall is hard and plays short, there is an option for a more realistic ball (I found it at Golfsmith) that flashes after you strike it for a few minutes. It costs more is hard to hit due to the flashing effect, kinda like a strobe light, never topped/fatted so many shots in my life. The flash timing would run out when we played as a foursome before I could hit again making it near impossible to find and several quit working after a couple holes, won't be buying them again. If you google "globall damaged clubs" you should find several threads from various golf forums

Last edited:
never did it, I did work at a course the night of an event, had to get it all setup, then spent the next day finding all of these glow balls all over the place, hw you manage to lose them in the dark when they glow is beyond me

Back in the dark ages, well May 1995, I did a 48 hour golf marathon in aid of the RAF Benevolent Fund. Started at 2pm on the Wed and finished 2 pm Fri.

Over that period I played about 60 holes in the dark. Started with the glow balls but thet were crap cus didn't go very far. Found it far better using a real ball and relying on feel to give idea of where it went. Only lost 3 balls in all those holes.

Had glow sticks taped to each flag so I knew where to go.

Finished up having played 12 rounds total and raised just over £800.

Slept for a week after that. Lol

sent using Tapatalk for Android

Been there, done that. Usually a drunken mess. NOT real golf, but it's fun the first couple times.

There's a par 3 course that offers night golf near us. We've gone a couple of times. Its actually quite fun!! You have to hit it straight or you're having a hard time finding your ball. Its a lot cooler, especially now in the summer time, to play at night. Just need to watch out for bugs though, they like the bright lights :(

Sounds like an awesome time

I have played at night twice, and really enjoy it. I find I hit the ball better, my theory is
since all you can really see is the glow ball you tend to focus better?

I have never done this but sounds like a ton of fun!! I'd have to find someone to battle the bugs with me though :)

About a month ago, I actually played night golf, but nothing with glowing balls. I was on a lighted par 3 course. It was neat, but the shadows from my body were much darker with the lights being so close, and it was distracting at times.

I went up to the course to help out with their Night Golf event. We went driving around and met up with one of the course employees and he let me hit a tee shot. I was impressed with myself that I actually hit the ball! (I figured I'd whiff it!). Good shot too, right down the middle. They didn't have to look around for the ball I hit.

Theres a par 3 course here in Madison that is lighted and does night golf. Ive always said that I was going to try it but havent gotten around to it yet. One of these days though...

Back