Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

I really like the clear and the pink ones. Gonna have to give these a shot!

Hi Everyone, love the range of reviews and the details and images & video's and as I
mentioned at the get go please don't hesitate to share any negatives I can handle it
and appreciate it . I want to learn as much as possible from you all as you all buy
your equipment and as such are the players I want to impress.

Tour Validation of my designs is not a part of my marketing process, Test Pilot Validation
is and has become a much better approach to creating products that work for regular players.

I also have found this approach to be more practical when looking to improve or update any
current models in a more timely manner, when the improvements are real rather than when a
marketing cycle may require an update which seems so common nowadays in our game.

I think at this stage it might make sense to explain a little about the Vision Series that you are
trialling,

The Gel X (X-pert) - Advanced High Performance Series
Squares with numbers and symbols
Current Colours - X3 Bright White (Gold) and X3 UV Yellow
Long Distance with improved Shot Shaping Control
Comparison products as a guide : NXT Tour / Trispeed Tour / RX330
Australian Street pricing
Proshop 3/$10 / Off course Retail $39.95 / Direct $34.95 to $39.95

The Gel V (Velocity) - Advanced Game Improvement Designs
Circles with numbers and symbols
Colours - UV Yellow / Arctic White (Gold) / The Gel (Clear) and Pinky
Long Distance and Straight Flight
Comparison products as a guide : Soft Feel / E5 / NXT / DT SoLo
Proshop 3/$10 / Off course Retail $34.95 / Direct $29.50 to $34.95

The 808 is testing a new core design and colour for the X4 (UV) but with a mid spin cover.

Russell is my TP Team mascot and is just along for the ride, put him in the sun and have a
look in the dark to understand the X factor bling of my UV Staybright technology.

Talk more soon,
Boz.

Last edited:
Good writeup KB! If this ball continues to perform like the trispeed and RX I would consider it a winner for sure.

Boz, thank you for being active and eagerly seeking feedback, shows great dedication on your part.

--
tapatalk

Interesting reading here. You lot are like kids in a candy shop and it is really good to sit back and read and see your thoughts. I am lucky enough to have had the same feelings each time a package arrives on my doorstep with the word Vision as sender. Cant wait to rip it open and see what Boz has sent for me to trail.

I have noticed that some of you are noticing differences between the balls and that is correct. Though they all fly under the Vision Banner all are slightly different and preform differently in different conditions. Will say no more as I don't want to spoil your learning journey.

i hope you all enjoy it as much as I have and continue to do. Cant wait to tee up an X4!!

DISLIKES:
A few of the balls have some minor imperfections. I'm not even sure how to describe it. The cover on 2 of the balls have a very small bump on them. I noticed it when feeling the cover of one of the balls that I felt a rough spot.
I'm not sure I like the sparkly cover of the white ball, but I have yet to get the ball outside and see it in the sunlight.
I don't really like the large numbers, but I have no problem with the scorecard look

Mercer - The big numbers can be a bit overwhelming as it isn't the norm but one thing I found good about them was identifying your ball. Often on course the ball will lay in a way where the normal ball numbers are difficult to see. The bigger numbers sometimes make it that you don't have to lift your ball to identify it. Just something I found.Not trying to correct you.

Hi Everyone, love the range of reviews and the details and images & video's and as I
mentioned at the get go please don't hesitate to share any negatives I can handle it
and appreciate it . I want to learn as much as possible from you all as you all buy
your equipment and as such are the players I want to impress.

Tour Validation of my designs is not a part of my marketing process, Test Pilot Validation
is and has become a much better approach to creating products that work for regular players.

I also have found this approach to be more practical when looking to improve or update any
current models in a more timely manner, when the improvements are real rather than when a
marketing cycle may require an update which seems so common nowadays in our game.

I think at this stage it might make sense to explain a little about the Vision Series that you are
trialling,

The Gel X (X-pert) - Advanced High Performance Series
Squares with numbers and symbols
Current Colours - X3 Bright White (Gold) and X3 UV Yellow
Long Distance with improved Shot Shaping Control
Comparison products as a guide : NXT Tour / Trispeed Tour / RX330
Proshop 3/$10 / Off course Retail $39.95 / Direct $34.95 to $39.95

The Gel V (Velocity) - Advanced Game Improvement Designs
Circles with numbers and symbols
Colours - UV Yellow / Arctic White (Gold) / The Gel (Clear) and Pinky
Long Distance and Straight Flight
Comparison products as a guide : Soft Feel / E5 / NXT / DT SoLo
Proshop 3/$10 / Off course Retail $34.95 / Direct $29.50 to $34.95

The 808 is testing a new core design and colour for the X4 (UV) but with a mid spin cover.

Russell is my TP Team mascot and is just along for the ride, put him in the sun and have a
look in the dark to understand the X factor bling of my UV Staybright technology.

Talk more soon,
Boz.

This is exactly what I was wondering about. So my yellow 808 hung pretty well against my Bridgestone B330RX on the one I hit to compare. The rest of my balls are the Gel V balls. I was just telling JB last week that I the Bridgestone E5 balls weren't for me but you are comparing these to them. Since I have access at our course to all the comparable balls you have listed, I will have to try them out with these balls to see how they compare.

Maybe OG and I can swap out a ball with each other so I can also try out the Gel X as I sometimes play the Bridgestone B330RX and Trispeed Tours.

Can you tell us what swing speeds these balls are best for? Compression?

I love reading all the reviews on this golf ball, when this thread first started I was very interested in trying this golf ball. I looked online in my area and I could not find anyone that sells these golf balls. If anyone on here is interested in selling or trading a couple, I am all for that. If interested, shoot me a PM with what your looking for!! Thanks!

Finally got to put some of these balls in play today and unfortunately I played the worst golf I have played in years!

However, I did start off the day pretty good.

I tee'd up an X3 White to start the round and hit a beautiful drive over a fairway bunker that was about 245 out. Flew the bunked and came to a stop around 280 but in the rough. Stuck the wedge to about 12 ft and lipped out the birdie. The X3 ball felt wonderful off the driver, wedge, and putter. I walked off #1 telling my friend all about the ball I was playing. He didn't like the big #s on it and was kind of laughing about the ball.

#2. 188 Par 3 uphill and I hit a high fade/slice with a 4 iron and was about 20 yards off the green to the right. The hole was cut just off the right side of the green and I knew that I had to get the ball high and land it by the hole to get it close. The greens were hard, but I opened up my 56* and dropped it about a foot past the hole and it didn't move.

#3. 499 Par 5. Pulled my tee shot just a little but made great contact. However, I put about a 10 yard draw on it too and it hit in the rough rolled through and down into the stream off to the left about 290 away from the tee. I was so bummed that I wasn't even 3 holes in and had lost one of my testers. Dropped a Callaway Iz and finished up the holes with a par hitting my 3rd on the fringe.

#6. 512 Par 5. Took out another X3 Vision White and hit a huge drive through the dogleg and over the fairway bunkers. 200 yards out. I choked down on the 3 hybrid and took a nice easy swing and hit it pin high to the right side of the green. Chipped on and made a terrible attempt at birdie. Took an upsetting par.

#7 Hit a good tee shot similar to the one on #1. The draw left me in the 2nd cut (not used to drawing the ball---usually fade it so I don't play for draw) I hit my 52* wedge into the green but caught it chunky and landed in the front bunker. The X3 played very well out of the bunker and I chipped on made another terrible putt and bogeyed.

#8 287 yard Par 4. I was going for the green. It's all uphill and the only entrance to the green is about 10 yards on the leftside which is right where the pin was. I figured why not try it. I hit a huge slice because I tried going after it and didn't make my normal swing. However, I saved myself by hitting a 56* from the adjacent fairway into a blind green. I honestly had no clue where I was hitting the ball, I just hit it. Went to the green and I was 12 ft away. Another birdie chance, but another miss. Left the putt one roll short.

#9 150 Par 3 over water. This is where my round blows up! I used my 7 iron because I wanted to assure I got over the water. I would usually hit an 8 iron, but wanted to be safe. However, I made a terrible swing and chunked the ball. Hit the bank skipped back into the water. 2nd X3 gone. I must say I am now pissed! I've lost two X3s in 9 holes and to that point loved the performance I was getting out of the ball. One terrible chip later and a two putt and I leave with double.

Leave the front side with a 41, but had 3 reasonable birdie putts that I missed.

#10. 311 Par 4 uphill water in the front. Another X3 in play but this time it was the UV Yellow. Hit 3 wood off the tee but pulled it just a bit and had to deal with some trees that guarded the green on the left. Decided to not play to the right side of the green and leave a long putt so I punched a ball to the left of the trees and was looking at an easy chip at the flag. Walked away with 4.

#11 440 Par 4 with a slight dogleg right. Hit an awful drive and was in the weeds to the right. I hacked my way out and hit a PW into the green from 145 out. Distances must have been off because I flew the green and took about a 3/4 swing. It was downhill, but I shouldn't have flown the green. Chipped up and made bogey.

#12 150 Par 3 over water. I decided to hit an 8 iron with the wind behind me. Wind was at my back so I figured 9 would be enough, but go 8 to assure you get over the green. As I was standing over the ball I remembered my chunk in the water at #9. I should have stepped away cleared my mind, but I didn't. Thinned the 8 iron off the toe and hit the UV X3 into the water. It was right there that I decided the Vision balls were not going to be coming back into play the rest of the day. I was hitting terrible iron shots and there was trouble all over the place the next few holes. I dug into my pocket full of golf balls that I've found and used them the rest of the way out.

I ended the round with an 89. 48 on the back. I played the worst golf I have played this year. Very upsetting day.

However, my thoughts of the Vision golf balls when I wasn't making bad swings throwing them into water hazards, were positive. I really enjoy the feel of the ball of the driver and watching these balls sit down on the greens was a pleasant surprise. The greens at this course are kind of dried out because we have not had a lot of rain so seeing this ball sit down like it did made me want to get on the website and buy some.

I think a few testers mentioned it before, but the balls really do brighten up outside. The white inside kind of looks dull until you get it outside. The UV Yellow also is extremely bright and easy to follow (also easy to see when they are sitting close to the banks in the water---too bad I didn't have a ball retriever or anyone else in my group) While the yellow is very very bright, it is not a distraction at all. It actually causes less of a glare off my 910 than the Srixon ZStars that I used earlier this year.

Overall, very happy with the ball so far even though I have already lost half of them. The whole time I was thinking... Great! I get the opportunity to test something for THP and I am going to lose them all in 18 holes. 1 White and 2 Yellow left. I will have to make them count!

More to come soon,

*EDIT* Forgot to mention this ball is VERY VERY DURABLE! A lot of wedge shots with these balls today and no issues at all!

I played several holes with the X3 yellow again today and Gawd I LOVE :in-love:this ball! It does everything I could ever expect from a premium golf ball :clapp:. I have not broke out the white X3 balls yet as I am saving them for later. They should have the same great performance aspects to them as the yellow so I am excited to have another sleeve to go :thumb:

Nice reviews so far guys!!

Great reviews so far guys, and Boz, thanks for the added information. I will be taking these babies on their maiden voyage down Pinehurst way this Saturday. I can't wait to see how they fair on some slick, bowl greens!

Great reviews so far guys, and Boz, thanks for the added information. I will be taking these babies on their maiden voyage down Pinehurst way this Saturday. I can't wait to see how they fair on some slick, bowl greens!

Thats awesome buddy!! Enjoy yur round and I cant wait to hear your thoughts on these babies

Did you get the X3 version? These balls rock and you are going to enjoy them on any kind of greens!

Did you get the X3 version? These balls rock and you are going to enjoy them on any kind of greens!

Yes sir, I sure did. 1 sleeve of white, and 1 of yellow. I will be playing with a couple of guys that play different shots than I do, and are very good golfers, so I will let them take a few shots, and get some feedback from them too.

Ok I played 18 with these today and WOW! I absolutely freaking love the UV X3 Balls.. I am in love. We played Adams Pointe in KC again and I shot my best round of the summer 82.

Hole 10 (started on back 9)- Hit my driver about 275 right down the middle (driver was behaving for the first time this entire summer). I grabbed my 2 hybrid and hooked it into the tall rough about 10 feet off the green pin high. The best part is this yellow ball STANDS OUT like a highlighter even in this deep rough at Adams Pointe. I flubbed the chip to the edge of the green and 3 putted for a 6. +1

Hole 11- Short hole downhill hit my driver with a roll to about 285 left me with a short SW into the green. Hit it a bit thin and 2 putted from about 35 feet. +1 through 2

Hole 12- About 165 yard par 3. I hit my 7 iron about 3/4th and it hit the side of a hill on the left of the green and bounced into the deep stuff. Chipped out about 5 yards then got up and down for bogey. +2

Hole 13- Piped my driver almost 300 yards which left me with about 60 yards. I compressed the ball really well and got it to spin back about 5 feet which left me with a 6 footer. Nailed it for birdie. +1

Hole 14- Par 5 hit my driver to the right side in the second cut and had about 230. Grabbed my Machspeed hybrid and hooked it horribly into the woods. I was then sitting 3 powered a 5 iron to about 75 yards out. Hit a sandwedge thin and over the green. Got up and down after that for a terrible 7. +3

Hole 15- Drove the ball about 265 on a low screamer down the left side. Left with about 150 took my 8 iron and launched one to the back of the green. 2 putt for a par. +3

Hole 16- Sliced my drive into a bunker on the left side rough got it out but not by much. Left with about 165 hit my 7 iron short. Chipped up and 2 putted for an ugly 6. +5

Hole 17- Par 3 I played it a club short and went into the bunker. A great up and down to save par. +5

Hole 18- Smoked my drive on the signature hole here and left me with a gap wedge into the green. Hit my best approach shot of the day and watched the ball spin back to about 5 feet tapped in for birdie. Finished the front 9 losing only 1 ball and with a +4 40.

Hole 1- Hit a perfect drive down the right side and was left with a pitching wedge in. Hit my pitching wedge fat to about 15 yards. Chipped up and 2 putted (missed a 30 footer by about 6 inches). +5

Hole 2- Long par 5 hit my driver about 295 leaving myself with about 200 into the green. Grabbed my 5 iron and flew it over and left of the green. Left me with a tough chip up a hill. I lifted my head and hit it fat. My next chip was thin and landed on the backside of the green. 2 Putted from about 45 feet for a bogey. +6

Hole 3- Hit a drive into the rough on the left side as did my buddy. We looked for his ball for 5 minutes and didnt find it in the deep rough, but my yellow X3 was clearly visible I LOVE THIS BALL. Grabbed my 8 iron and put it short of the green. Up and down for par +6.

Hole 4- Par 3 playing about 180. Grabbed my 6 and put it to about 15 feet. 2 putted for par +6.

Hole 5- Short par 4 took my hybrid and hooked it terribly about 150 yards into the deep stuff (Story of the day with the hybrid). Took me 2 shots to get on the fringe and then 3 putted :angry: for a double. +8

Hole 6- Played the dogleg left perfectly leaving me with a pitching wedge I put on the middle of the green. 2 put for par +8.

Hole 7- Hit a great drive leaving me with a 9 iron. Hit it a bit thin and flew the green. Chipped up and 2 putted for a bogey. +9

Hole 8- Toughest par 3 for me on this course. Wetlands in front of the green. Hit a beautiful 6 iron into the green and 2 putted for a par. +9

Hole 9- Hit a great drive and had about 150 to the layup. Took a 9 iron and hit it fat to about 100 yards to the green. Hit my gap wedge into the bunker. Hit my shot out of the sand over the green, but had my best up and down of the day for a dissapointing 6. +10

I have to say this UV X3 is the best ball I have ever hit. Luckily I still have 2 of them left along with 2 regular X3s. The bright yellow is a great color and I hope they stock these in KC someday because I would love to buy multiple dozens of these. I urge anyone who has a chance to try these to try them. They fly straight and long, and have great bite around the green. This is my first testing experience with :thp: and I hope not my last. I love having this opportunity and please dont hesitate to ask any questions!

Thanks THP and Vision.

I am enjoying the reviews and pics and videos everyone is posting, I had to chuckle at OG's video when at the end he gave the thumbs up sign. WTG buddy. Everyone keep the reviews coming, as I am a B-330RX user for the past 2 1/2 years I am interested in how these compare to my Bridgestones.

Ok I played 18 with these today and WOW! I absolutely freaking love the UV X3 Balls.. I am in love. We played Adams Pointe in KC again and I shot my best round of the summer 82.

Hole 10 (started on back 9)- Hit my driver about 275 right down the middle (driver was behaving for the first time this entire summer). I grabbed my 2 hybrid and hooked it into the tall rough about 10 feet off the green pin high. The best part is this yellow ball STANDS OUT like a highlighter even in this deep rough at Adams Pointe. I flubbed the chip to the edge of the green and 3 putted for a 6. +1

Hole 11- Short hole downhill hit my driver with a roll to about 285 left me with a short SW into the green. Hit it a bit thin and 2 putted from about 35 feet. +1 through 2

Hole 12- About 165 yard par 3. I hit my 7 iron about 3/4th and it hit the side of a hill on the left of the green and bounced into the deep stuff. Chipped out about 5 yards then got up and down for bogey. +2

Hole 13- Piped my driver almost 300 yards which left me with about 60 yards. I compressed the ball really well and got it to spin back about 5 feet which left me with a 6 footer. Nailed it for birdie. +1

Hole 14- Par 5 hit my driver to the right side in the second cut and had about 230. Grabbed my Machspeed hybrid and hooked it horribly into the woods. I was then sitting 3 powered a 5 iron to about 75 yards out. Hit a sandwedge thin and over the green. Got up and down after that for a terrible 7. +3

Hole 15- Drove the ball about 265 on a low screamer down the left side. Left with about 150 took my 8 iron and launched one to the back of the green. 2 putt for a par. +3

Hole 16- Sliced my drive into a bunker on the left side rough got it out but not by much. Left with about 165 hit my 7 iron short. Chipped up and 2 putted for an ugly 6. +5

Hole 17- Par 3 I played it a club short and went into the bunker. A great up and down to save par. +5

Hole 18- Smoked my drive on the signature hole here and left me with a gap wedge into the green. Hit my best approach shot of the day and watched the ball spin back to about 5 feet tapped in for birdie. Finished the front 9 losing only 1 ball and with a +4 40.

Hole 1- Hit a perfect drive down the right side and was left with a pitching wedge in. Hit my pitching wedge fat to about 15 yards. Chipped up and 2 putted (missed a 30 footer by about 6 inches). +5

Hole 2- Long par 5 hit my driver about 295 leaving myself with about 200 into the green. Grabbed my 5 iron and flew it over and left of the green. Left me with a tough chip up a hill. I lifted my head and hit it fat. My next chip was thin and landed on the backside of the green. 2 Putted from about 45 feet for a bogey. +6

Hole 3- Hit a drive into the rough on the left side as did my buddy. We looked for his ball for 5 minutes and didnt find it in the deep rough, but my yellow X3 was clearly visible I LOVE THIS BALL. Grabbed my 8 iron and put it short of the green. Up and down for par +6.

Hole 4- Par 3 playing about 180. Grabbed my 6 and put it to about 15 feet. 2 putted for par +6.

Hole 5- Short par 4 took my hybrid and hooked it terribly about 150 yards into the deep stuff (Story of the day with the hybrid). Took me 2 shots to get on the fringe and then 3 putted :angry: for a double. +8

Hole 6- Played the dogleg left perfectly leaving me with a pitching wedge I put on the middle of the green. 2 put for par +8.

Hole 7- Hit a great drive leaving me with a 9 iron. Hit it a bit thin and flew the green. Chipped up and 2 putted for a bogey. +9

Hole 8- Toughest par 3 for me on this course. Wetlands in front of the green. Hit a beautiful 6 iron into the green and 2 putted for a par. +9

Hole 9- Hit a great drive and had about 150 to the layup. Took a 9 iron and hit it fat to about 100 yards to the green. Hit my gap wedge into the bunker. Hit my shot out of the sand over the green, but had my best up and down of the day for a dissapointing 6. +10

I have to say this UV X3 is the best ball I have ever hit. Luckily I still have 2 of them left along with 2 regular X3s. The bright yellow is a great color and I hope they stock these in KC someday because I would love to buy multiple dozens of these. I urge anyone who has a chance to try these to try them. They fly straight and long, and have great bite around the green. This is my first testing experience with :thp: and I hope not my last. I love having this opportunity and please dont hesitate to ask any questions!

Thanks THP and Vision.

You and OG both said straight and long. I hope that holds true for me this weekend, of course the problem could always be my swing. hehehe. I am really interested in how they react around the greens. that is the true test of a ball for me.

Great job TexasHacker and I know you enjoyed the X3 balls as much as I did. They are the real deal !

Thanks THP and Vision.

I am enjoying the reviews and pics and videos everyone is posting, I had to chuckle at OG's video when at the end he gave the thumbs up sign. WTG buddy. Everyone keep the reviews coming, as I am a B-330RX user for the past 2 1/2 years I am interested in how these compare to my Bridgestones.

You will get your chance to try one of the UV:X3 balls tomorrow. I look forward to your take on them as I saved one for ya.

You and OG both said straight and long. I hope that holds true for me this weekend, of course the problem could always be my swing. hehehe. I am really interested in how they react around the greens. that is the true test of a ball for me.

Around the greens is where the X3 balls really shine :D

OG,

Glad you are loving them as much as I am. The feel around the green really is phenomenal.

OG,

Glad you are loving them as much as I am. The feel around the green really is phenomenal.

KellyBo is now trying to trade one of her pink balls for one of the X3 balls :D. She saw how much spin around the greens they provide and now she has to have one. Old well,,,,,, I will pull out the pink Vision ball on old DawgDaddy tomorrow ....

These balls sound promising I'm going to have to see about getting some of these.

KellyBo is now trying to trade one of her pink balls for one of the X3 balls :D. She saw how much spin around the greens they provide and now she has to have one. Old well,,,,,, I will pull out the pink Vision ball on old DawgDaddy tomorrow ....
OK by me, I will wear my pink golf shirt, and khaki cargo shorts so I will be high styling over there at Jonesco.

OK by me, I will wear my pink golf shirt, and khaki cargo shorts so I will be high styling over there at Jonesco.

No one is getting pinky. I love that ball. I had another lady trying to steal it from me today. I asked OG if he would swap a Vision ball with me and he gave me stink eye. LOL

Excessive heat warning for my area... epic. =( Wonder if these balls will melt on the course?

All these reviews from my fellow testers are making me jealous! Finally flying back home tonight and will get out there tomorrow for some chipping/putting on a practice green and either 9 or 18 holes depending on how busy the course is. Hope I can live up to the rest of these testers! Awesome reviews! Mine coming shortly.

Back