What's Your Favorite Hamburger Restaurant?

This thread makes me want a hamburger and I don't normally crave them. I think 5 Guys makes a great burger so does Fudruckers. I have never had In-n-Out so I can't speak of them. I agree with other's about Steak-N-Shake. They have the best milkshakes and their burgers are decent but their fries are terrible! For me it's more about the fries then the burger. There are a few local places that I have heard have the best burgers. JB and I will have to check them out some time. They better have good fries!

Gotta have good fries. And if not, then they better have rings.

Gotta have good fries. And if not, then they better have rings.

100% agree! If they don't have fries then onion rings are my next choice. I am cool with Tator Tots like Sonic has. I love tator tots! One of my favorite meals is still sloppy joes and tator tots.

Has got to be The Cherry Cricket in Denver, hands down best burger I have eaten anywhere. Burger is a half pound of 90% lean grass fed beef. Topped with a roasted chili pepper, white cheddar, applewood smoked thick cut bacon, grilled red onions and a fried egg on top. As soon as you pick it up the egg yolk breaks and soaks into the bread, so so good.

Has got to be The Cherry Cricket in Denver, hands down best burger I have eaten anywhere. Burger is a half pound of 90% lean grass fed beef. Topped with a roasted chili pepper, white cheddar, applewood smoked thick cut bacon, grilled red onions and a fried egg on top. As soon as you pick it up the egg yolk breaks and soaks into the bread, so so good.

I think this place was on the Food Network's "Best Thing I Ever Ate" and someone picked it as the best burger. I think it might have been Aaron Sanchez.

I have worked next door to 5 Guys for over a year now and have only eaten there 3-4 times, I find their burgers to be average at best, little better than a fast food burger but not as good as a decent restaurant. Last time I had the fries I was sick for two days. I avoid that place now.

As far as fast food burgers go, it's In-N-Out. You can't touch Five Guys fries however.

X10000000000 on the five guys fries. Put some malt vinegar on the and I can't stop eating them.

Red robin has good burgers too. River city cafe in Myrtle beach has a really good black n bleu burger. Blackened seasoning and topped with bleu cheese mmmmmmm man I really want a good burger now.

Five Guys....put their fries on one of their burgers and it's heaven

Local place here named George's wins the Baton Rouge best burger competition every year. Their bacon cheeseburger is divine!

5 Guys just opened here a few months ago and I have friends that rave about it but I have not been yet. There's always a line out the door...

Cheeburger Cheeburger is another chain here that's pretty darn good. Tons of free topping and excellent quality meat. Killer homemade shakes and malts as well and have like 50 flavors.

If you are ever in New Orleans, find a place on Esplanade named Port Of Call. Not too far from the Quarter. It's a local bar that serves huge burgers and massive loaded baked potatoes. No fries on the menu but the baked potato will make you forget about no fries!

I think this place was on the Food Network's "Best Thing I Ever Ate" and someone picked it as the best burger. I think it might have been Aaron Sanchez.

If you ever get to Denver GG you MUST go there for a burger. Only place that even comes close is The Sink in Boulder. There is something special about Colorado grass fed beef

In n Out is great, get animal style. Five guys is awesome too. For a different type of restaurant, Red Robin. The pablano chile burger is out of this world, plus they have garlic fries!!

In-n-Out. 'nuff said. :smile:

i've not been many places...but hands down the best burger i've ever had was at the Hickory Bar and Grill in Hermitage/Sharon PA.
was simply amazing.

After all the burger talk JB and I went and got Five Guys for dinner last night. We followed it up with a milk shake from Chick-Fil-A thanks to the "What's your favorite Milkshake" thread.

After all the burger talk JB and I went and got Five Guys for dinner last night. We followed it up with a milk shake from Chick-Fil-A thanks to the "What's your favorite Milkshake" thread.

How awesome is their vanilla ice cream?!?!? I am in love with it

Fatburger is pretty good!

The Counter is a big hit with me.

Lovely! Hope you guys enjoyed it and this goes back to one of my pet peeves about Five Guys - Burger joint without shakes seems like an oxymoron but their burgers and fries are good.

So I have had a fantastic day. After going to the driving range with the wifey we stopped by the newly opened Smash Burger in Atlanta. After reading this thread the last few days I told the wife we have to get a burger sometime this weekend. Also thanks to this thread I realized we had just got a Smash Burger so we went there and I have to admit it is worth the price of admission. To be quite frank I am already planning on what I want to try on my next visit back. Since the wife and I were trying to not overindulge ourselves we got the Bar B Q Bacon Cheese super smash burger, side of fries and Chocolate shake and split it. The burger was great. Bacon was tasty, good flavored bar b q sauce, bun was slightly toasted with a juicy burger. Oh i forgot it had onion rings on the burger too. It was delicious. The shake was great and they even give you the rest of the shake in the tin cup that they mix it in. The only downside were the fries. They were good but not great. We will try the smash fries or sweet potatoe smash fries next time. The smash fries are tossed with rosemary, garlic and olive oil so that may be the way to go. I believe they also have onion rings so that is another option. They have some other menu options such as hot dogs and different chicken sandwiches. I highly recommend trying one if you are near one. We cannot wait to go back. The negative part of the trip is the wife conveniently forgetting that we were sharing the shake and she finished it off. I almost ordered another one but I resisted temptation. Sorry for the narrative just wanted to share my experience with Smash Burger.

Here ya go cg13

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

He was bringing the "Your favourite hamburger" Thread to the top so CG could let people know in here rather than creating a thread for it.

As said here

Thanks for the explanation.

Back