Shot Scope X5 Watch

Basically, what I want to know if how I can see if the watch picked up the shot or not straight after shot…

to avoid stuff like this:

Hole as shown post round in the app:IMG_4165.png

Same Hole but as actually played, post round edited with correct clubs and distances…
IMG_4166.png

Below…Par 3….no shot picked up at all…
(Don’t use a putter tag btw)

IMG_4167.png

Last edited:
Can users post battery life and length of the round once finished playing

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk
18 holes with a cart. About 4:40
20230610_122539.jpg

Ok…

so the question is: how do I see if a shot is registered after I made the shot?

In almost every round I find shots are missing and see in the app I dropped a 470m drive straight on the dance floor (I wish..)
About the only way I can think of is, first, make sure "Show Club" is enabled in Settings. Then, before taking your shot, make sure the correct club is showing on the watch. When you get to your ball, unlock the watch if necessary, then tap that club indicator, and you should get a distance for the last shot. Repeat. For approach shots to or around the green, if the Pin Collect screen is showing, I think you have to go into the Game Menu to select Last Shot to see if it was actually recorded with a distance. It should be, if the club registered before you took that last shot.

First indicator that I had a problem with tags being recognized, prior to the latest firmware, was after hitting my drive then wanting to see how far I had hit it, and it was showing "0".

Last edited:
Basically, what I want to know if how I can see if the watch picked up the shot or not straight after shot…

to avoid stuff like this:

Hole as shown post round in the app:View attachment 9185492

Same Hole but as actually played, post round edited with correct clubs and distances…
View attachment 9185493

Below…Par 3….no shot picked up at all…
(Don’t use a putter tag btw)

View attachment 9185494
Looking down and visually confirming that a club has been selected is the way I’ve typically verified the club was selected when I first used the watch. After that I’ve never gave it two thoughts.

So first time using Manual putting. On the front 9 I had no issues. Very easy to use. On the back 9 every time I got to the green in showed + 2, like I had already added 2 putts. I didn't know of a way to get back to 0, so I marked the putts and edited later. Not sure what the issue was, but has anyone else had this issue, or know of a way to essentially subtract putts if it starts this way?

Is there an easy way to start out on #10 or do you just have to switch holes?

I don't think there is an easy way. I think you have to tap on the hole indicator at the bottom, then scroll through the holes to select 10 or whatever hole you are starting on in a shot gun start.

So first time using Manual putting. On the front 9 I had no issues. Very easy to use. On the back 9 every time I got to the green in showed + 2, like I had already added 2 putts. I didn't know of a way to get back to 0, so I marked the putts and edited later. Not sure what the issue was, but has anyone else had this issue, or know of a way to essentially subtract putts if it starts this way?

@Junkyard and @smellysell are having the same problem. Hopefully @GavinwithaR1 is seeing the posts and will chime in when he's done traveling.

I spent 6 days this week using the ShotScope X5, here are my impressions

The Good

1- very comfortable to wear, no issues getting it on or keeping it on for any round and it didn’t move around

2- I like the auto lock function - this made it so no buttons were accidentally mashed and it wasn’t difficult to swipe up to unlock it

3- accuracy- the watches GPS distances were accurate and only 1-2 yards off from the laser and cart GPS (cart came with its own GPS and I lasered to compare notes)

4- GPS acquire - many watches suffer from long interminable waits in getting GPS satellite lock but no problem with the X5. I could acquire signal between the time I stepped up on the first tee box and when I teed off

5 - Club accuracy - I didn’t check the face to see if my clubs were detected but in 6 rounds I think the system missed like 5 shots total - very impressive for me

The Bad

1 — watch battery, I may have had bad luck, but the watch was consistently in the 45% battery remaining after my round. I could easily get through one round but two in a day or without charging wasn’t going to happen

2 - Having to step on greens to advance holes - this I didn’t know. I was in my pocket on one hole (ugh) and Istood on the fringe watching my fellow players finish out. I didn’t step on the green and didn’t realize ShotScope wouldn’t advance to the next hole automatically. I had to manually advance the hole and I didn’t realize it till my approach shot on the following hole which had way off numbers. It was easy to do, just wish I knew ahead of time. Arccos has a similar thing so fortunately I knew almost immediately what was wrong

Longed for

Ok, wish list time (just my desires here) that I wish I had

1 - Elevation changes numbers. Several holes I had to do the guesstimate of the plays like number of elevation changes and wind. If I could have those, it’d be amazing

2- Green Undulation on green map - not looking for putt breaks or anything too detailed but having something as simple as what’s on my Voice Caddy SL2 rangefinder would help immensely with approach shots to know if there’s multiple tiers or a false front. There were a few holes where that would have changed my club selection

3 - Ability to autoscroll to hazard distances when in the fairway. If there was a feature that I could enable to every 5 seconds or so toggle between green distances and the hazard distances, that would be very nice and would save time having to unlock and swipe on the watch face

All in all, very happy so far with ShotScope! Great product @jenisontheforum and @GavinwithaR1 !!

You just have to select the hole number then I use the button to scroll the quickest. League is a shotgun start so I’ve had to do this multiple times say starting on 3 then going from 9 back to 1.

3 - Ability to autoscroll to hazard distances when in the fairway. If there was a feature that I could enable to every 5 seconds or so toggle between green distances and the hazard distances, that would be very nice and would save time having to unlock and swipe on the watch face
If you swipe 3 to 6 on the watch while it’s unlocked it’ll bring up all the bunkers, water and anything else that may be a hazard.

While in manual putting and using putter off the green. Do you need to mark as well?

While in manual putting and using putter off the green. Do you need to mark as well?

No. Just take a normal shot and it will be recorded but not as a putt.

Yes. You "mark" every time you use the putter, no matter where you are. The system will automatically count those from on the green as putts, and those from off the green will be accounted for in your short game stats. You may have to move the shot or change the lie when editing due to GPS inaccuracy.

Yes, but the shot will be recorded as a off the green putt categorized as a up and down category with putter as well to gauge how close your shot came to the hole to start your “1st” putt.

No. Just take a normal shot and it will be recorded but not as a putt.
You do have to "mark". Assuming Manual is used without a putter tag, there would be no way to know a shot with the putter was taken from off the green without "marking" it.

I’m getting out today. Think I’ll give unlock/manual putting a go. Definitely unlock. I think that’ll be useful.

Yes, but the shot will be recorded as a off the green putt categorized as a up and down category with putter as well to gauge how close your shot came to the hole to start your “1st” putt.
You do have to "mark". Assuming Manual is used without a putter tag, there would be no way to know a shot with the putter was taken from off the green without "marking" it.
Even with a putter tag you still have to mark them? Good to know

Only if in manual mode. If in auto it should do so automatically but good to check on while editing to make sure it is correct.

Final drive of the round. IMG_20230611_111428.jpg

Can't wait to see the difference with manual putting once I upload the round.

If you swipe 3 to 6 on the watch while it’s unlocked it’ll bring up all the bunkers, water and anything else that may be a hazard.
Yeah - I’m just lazy! I don’t want to unlock and swipe :)

Yeah - I’m just lazy! I don’t want to unlock and swipe :)
Leave it unlocked in settings, it’s really streamlined that way in round and makes it easy to glance through yardages.

I think if you are in Manual putting mode that is the case. Not sure.

Back