Boccieri Golf Heavy Irons Preview

The swingweight isnt changed by the heavyness in the grip. Normal irons feel more head heavy to me than these do.

I know AHA was drooling all over his self on the range at demo day hitting these irons! Good luck with your new sticks and enjoy :thumb:

Not going to lie I have some club envy going on bro lol. Congrats on the new sticks.

Kind of a throw-back look, not a bad thing though. The cavities remind me of the Wilson tour model irons. Interesting stuff so far.

Very nice, Thainer! I think I remember you saying you wouldn't get these and I thought you were crazy. Great choice of sticks and I have no doubt that you will hit them well.

I'm jealous Thainer, JEALOUS!!!

Congrats on the sticks man, awesome.

Nice looking sticks Thainer!

Thanks guys. These were a little tougher to get used to, moreso than the driver. But things are coming along. I also only had the chance to hit off of mats last night which sucked.

But I hit them as well as I could hit any iron for the last 45 minutes at the range. Unreal!

I honestly was surprised by the length of these irons. They are long. I was having trouble putting a good swing on it but I had a stretch of a few holes that was flatout unreal. The feel of these is unparalleled and I can't believe how easy it is to flight and knockdown the golf ball. I gained a club on my blades. My 8i jumped from 165 to 175, and I can step on it to 185. I hit a 9i on a 173 yd par 3 to pin high. Draw, fade, high, low, these irons can do it all. I'm super impressed and can't wait to get back out there.

I honestly was surprised by the length of these irons. They are long. I was having trouble putting a good swing on it but I had a stretch of a few holes that was flatout unreal. The feel of these is unparalleled and I can't believe how easy it is to flight and knockdown the golf ball. I gained a club on my blades. My 8i jumped from 165 to 175, and I can step on it to 185. I hit a 9i on a 173 yd par 3 to pin high. Draw, fade, high, low, these irons can do it all. I'm super impressed and can't wait to get back out there.

Thats great man, those are some impressive numbers. What about the irons do you think is taking you time to get used to?

The length. These things are LONG.

I was having trouble hitting off of mats but off grass these things are like buttah! Turf interaction is awesome. Forged or cast? Dont know, dont care.

Thats great man, those are some impressive numbers. What about the irons do you think is taking you time to get used to?

crap dude those distances are impressive.

The length. These things are LONG.

I was having trouble hitting off of mats but off grass these things are like buttah! Turf interaction is awesome. Forged or cast? Dont know, dont care.

NIce, so its not that you aren`t hitting them great, but that you are guessing at yardages. I just misread what you meant. I love these irons and wedges man, I know you liked them a lot at the outing and I`m looking forward to seeing how you like them more and more as you go on.

I am having difficulty getting my touch down with the wedges to be honest. They are a little clicky, but very vokey-like. They spin like a conforming wedge does.
NIce, so its not that you aren`t hitting them great, but that you are guessing at yardages. I just misread what you meant. I love these irons and wedges man, I know you liked them a lot at the outing and I`m looking forward to seeing how you like them more and more as you go on.

I am having difficulty getting my touch down with the wedges to be honest. They are a little clicky, but very vokey-like. They spin like a conforming wedge does.

I feel you there. I`m still getting used to these conforming grooves. I don`t notice it at all on full shots, but chipping and pitching is different.

So today was a pretty awesome day with the irons, of which I played pretty poorly. I only hit like 4/16 greens, but I was having trouble judging my distances. 3 of those greens hit were in the last 4 holes.

I really like how far they go with an easy swing, but how they respond when you really try to go after one. It seems like if I have a perfect yardage, it gives me 3 options.

For example, today on a par 3 I had 173ish to the pin.

Easy 7, stock 8, or hard 9? I will always choose the stock shot unless I have to carry it the whole way and spin it alot, then Ill choose the hard option.

Another really cool thing about these irons are the ability to flight them. I dont know if it has anything to do with the shafts I have in them(PX 5.5 flighted), but I could never flight DGS300s this well. Perfect for getting out of trouble, wind adjustment(hurt or help), or running shots.

Im really starting to feel comfortable with the irons. The potential these things give me when they are in my golf bag excites me. I truly feel like I am a better golfer with these in my hands.

Love to hear it, Thainer. It takes awhile to get used to irons. It will come ;)

Its frustrating to hit them good and get results that dont reward you. I feel like an idiot out there, misclubbing all over the place. I truly feel like Im making excuses for poor shots but its just so new to me. But I am learning and enjoying these irons, and once you start liking the performance, the cavity really starts to look nice.
Love to hear it, Thainer. It takes awhile to get used to irons. It will come ;)

Sweet Thainer!...although I'm no seeing the distances that you are, these irons can be pretty good once you get used to the weight. I had some shots today where everything just seemed to flow and the shots went long and far with good accuracy

Back