Callaway Rogue ST MAX Fairways

I know that feeling. A few rounds ago, I pull the 3w out and told my playing partner to go tend the flag for me. Welp, I topped it about 30 yards. Pulled the 5w, didn't say a word and it lands just short of the green.

A few holes later, short par 4, took an aggressive line over trees with the 3w and ends up on the right side fringe.
You’re insane with these. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone hit fw shots on greens like you do man

I used my Rogue ST LS 3HL twice last night (once off the tee and once off the fairway) and both were really good for me. The extra loft on the HL model has given me more confidence and I'm starting to trust it more on the course. Pictured is the one off the tee where a driver usually gets me in trouble as it can easily run through and into the woods. There is a bunker on the inside corner of the dogleg and it runs downhill past that. I drew the ball around the bunker and it ran down leaving me a short shot into the green.
Screenshot_20230629_115037_Shot Scope.jpg

I used my Rogue ST LS 3HL twice last night (once off the tee and once off the fairway) and both were really good for me. The extra loft on the HL model has given me more confidence and I'm starting to trust it more on the course. Pictured is the one off the tee where a driver usually gets me in trouble as it can easily run through and into the woods. There is a bunker on the inside corner of the dogleg and it runs downhill past that. I drew the ball around the bunker and it ran down leaving me a short shot into the green.
View attachment 9189511

I wish i had that distance with my driver :oops:

I wish i had that distance with my driver :oops:
The downhill kick helps a ton on that hole.. that is not normal distance for that club. It is usually in the 230-235 range on my really good hits

The downhill kick helps a ton on that hole.. that is not normal distance for that club. It is usually in the 230-235 range on my really good hits
Still, exception distance! I love my 5W, but it won’t go that far

I like my 3HL so much, I ordered a matching 7W to replace my shortened HW.

Last edited:
I had my fairway out again today and wanted to post some thoughts about my 5w... I have struggled my whole life with Fairways. I can't seem to strike them consistently, often causing either a fat shot or topping the stupid thing 50 yards. I have had some success when the ball is below my feet in getting solid contact, or off the tee box.. I can say of all the fairways I've tried in the last several years, this is still my favorite

Appearance - This just feels like what I'd expect from a fairway wood. A bit bigger and deeper than my hybrids, it has a matte finish (still a favorite of mine!), but it does inspire confidence for me with a shallower face. A mini driver I would be really confused with, so having a shorter face than hybrids makes me feel like I can use it without butchering the turf too badly!~

Sound - Very satisfying. Callaway did a great job here in my opinion in building something that performs and still sounds amazing. I can always tell when I'm paired with someone who uses clubs that don't care about acoustics (rhymes with "Ring") or hearing loss in the user base. The sound also pairs nicely with the feel. It isn't a harsh feel but also not overly muted. You know you struck the ball well and when you look up and see the ball flying, its a feeling like no other!

Performance - This club gaps very well still with my Driver / Hybrids. 200-210 is my expected distance with a fairway and I'm certainly seeing every single bit of that with this club. Obviously, when I'm firmly rooted in the struggle bus, my shots suffer. It's a risk/reward call for me when I pull this out!

Forgiveness - This club is definitely forgiving, and even toe and heel strikes go a long ways. I generally don't lose more than 10 yards on an off strike. Sadly, I haven't yet found a club that will go 200 yards when I top the ball (but I'm sure Callaway has their R&D team working on that one! ;))

Here’s a great example - solid distance and it flew straight… A little more ommph and I would have reached the green, but I left it short and pitched on to finish off my par.

AAB07C47-FF69-49CA-80BD-B9CEE4D5B68B.jpeg

it has a matte finish
Love the rest of your post but I just want to say that the finish on these is one of the reasons I love them so much

Have had a few great rounds with my st ls 3hl. I have the stock tensei av blue x link 75-s

Here's a couple snapshots from today's round. I play a draw with this club and it's become automatic at this point.

Swingweight is very heavy with this setup. At least d5 maybe even d6. But it's just a hammer.

Launches great off of the deck, still carries normal numbers far out of the toe. Heel strikes produce the typical spinny fade. Which is what happened on the 9th hole.

Screenshot_20230702_200626_18Birdies.jpgScreenshot_20230702_200618_18Birdies.jpgScreenshot_20230702_200612_18Birdies.jpg

Something clicked with the Rogue St LS 3HL at the range tonight. I was flying it on to the 230 yard green

How would the Rogue ST Max compare with the Mavrik Max? I have the 3w and 5w in the Mavrik Max and love them more every round. I was thinking about adding a 7w to replace a hybrid. Might the Rogue ST close the gap to the 5w too much?

I ordered a Rogue ST Max 3HL yesterday. Mavrik 4W has been a great club but decided it would be fun to update.

Rogue ST line might replace Epic Max LS driver and Mavrik hybrid too. :unsure:

Had this wood out again this week and got to compare it to a playing buddies Stealth. Hands down the Rogue suits my eye. Callaway has just designed a perfect fairway for me with this. The head shape inspires confidence and the club has exceptional forgiveness for my terrible swing.

The 200+ yards off the tee definitely don’t hurt! ;-)

How would the Rogue ST Max compare with the Mavrik Max? I have the 3w and 5w in the Mavrik Max and love them more every round. I was thinking about adding a 7w to replace a hybrid. Might the Rogue ST close the gap to the 5w too much?
These are ROCKETS. Completely different monsters from the Mavik line and I would guess that your gap between that 5w and this 7w may be closer than you'd guess. These fairways are my and quite a few peoples in here, favorite fairways ever. You'll like what you see out of it if you end up going that direction though!

Something clicked with the Rogue St LS 3HL at the range tonight. I was flying it on to the 230 yard green
Nice! What drew you to the 3 over the 5w? Great distance with that!

Nice! What drew you to the 3 over the 5w? Great distance with that!
I started with the 3+ wood and 5 wood combo. The 3+ wood was supposed to be a second option off the tee but it wasn't working out for me so I built a second driver. I really liked the 5 wood but it didn't gap well with the Rogue st pro 3 hybrid so I went with the 3HL (essentially a 4 wood)

i think the ST Max 3W is gonna be like my H65...it will probably never leave the bag.

i think the ST Max 3W is gonna be like my H65...it will probably never leave the bag.
Yeah, I’m feeling this way about my 5W right now. It will always be in the bag or pushing for a spot! If there was one thing I’d wish for here is to add in adjustability for these..

Other than that - love this club!

I had been struggling with 3 wood during the first part of the season. Almost out of desperation, I pulled the ST LS 3 wood out of my garage and put it in the bag about 4 rounds ago. It has been a revelation. I am sure that part of it is that it is paired with a shaft that works really well for me (Graphite Design Tour AD HD). Frankly, the expense of the shaft and the fact that the ST line is bonded were the only reasons that I hadn’t traded the club in. I am sure glad that I kept it. This 3 wood is entrenched in my bag at this point.

As you can see from Shot Scope, my distance has picked up since putting it in the bag. The ST LS is the yellow 3 wood.

IMG_5606.png

It can also be a bomber off the tee for me. This particular par 4 has a large pond that doesn’t give you the room to hit driver consistently. However, I can usually turn over a 3 wood. I can aim it at the left edge of the pond, turn it over and the ball will run up into the throat of the fairway, along the edge of the pond. If I don’t turn it over, my ball will come to rest just before entering the pond. This hole and a few others on courses that I play regularly, require something other than a driver off the tee. I am thrilled that I rediscovered this ST LS 3 wood. I am back to being excited when I have 3 wood in my hands.

IMG_5605.png

Put the st max in the bag as my Cobra was misbehaving. Was long and forgiving on the 3 shots I had with it

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Put the st max in the bag as my Cobra was misbehaving. Was long and forgiving on the 3 shots I had with it

Which loft? Glad it’s working out for you!

I had been struggling with 3 wood during the first part of the season. Almost out of desperation, I pulled the ST LS 3 wood out of my garage and put it in the bag about 4 rounds ago. It has been a revelation. I am sure that part of it is that it is paired with a shaft that works really well for me (Graphite Design Tour AD HD). Frankly, the expense of the shaft and the fact that the ST line is bonded were the only reasons that I hadn’t traded the club in. I am sure glad that I kept it. This 3 wood is entrenched in my bag at this point.

As you can see from Shot Scope, my distance has picked up since putting it in the bag. The ST LS is the yellow 3 wood.

View attachment 9193456

It can also be a bomber off the tee for me. This particular par 4 has a large pond that doesn’t give you the room to hit driver consistently. However, I can usually turn over a 3 wood. I can aim it at the left edge of the pond, turn it over and the ball will run up into the throat of the fairway, along the edge of the pond. If I don’t turn it over, my ball will come to rest just before entering the pond. This hole and a few others on courses that I play regularly, require something other than a driver off the tee. I am thrilled that I rediscovered this ST LS 3 wood. I am back to being excited when I have 3 wood in my hands.

View attachment 9193458
If I drove it that far……. I’d have two fairways and zero drivers!

ST Max fairways are my all-time favorite. I'm hoping the Paradyms join them.

Which loft? Glad it’s working out for you!
Standard 15.
Surprisingly while it is touted as slight draw bias I hit straight to slight fade off deck and slight draw off tee.

Back