Callaway HX Diablo & HX Diablo Tour Golf Balls - Preview

yeah the HX Diablo just didn't hold a lot of greens or come to a stop as fast as I was hoping for....I expect the Diablo Tour to do this much better

Waiting for this one. The Tour is a fair bit different, IMO.
I've played both, depends on the course, and think you'll notice a difference.

Thanks for the update Hanks. Doesn't sound like the Diablo is the ball for you, but looking forward to hearing about the tour version and how it differs.

Thanks for the early report on this Hanks. To echo what everyone else is saying I really think you'll like the Tour version. I'm definitely surprised it felt tougher on the irons and driver. The last Diablo ball I tried felt pretty soft. Very good to know Hanks.

I was hitting the HX Diablo alongside my regular ball and the ball that it replaced too....it just felt different (harder) compared to those particularly off the putter.....really jazzed about the Diablo tour though....could be a sleeper ball

Thanks for the early report on this Hanks. To echo what everyone else is saying I really think you'll like the Tour version. I'm definitely surprised it felt tougher on the irons and driver. The last Diablo ball I tried felt pretty soft. Very good to know Hanks.

I think you're right my friend. I saw some real good things with the Diablo Tour when I was getting fit. It's gonna be a high launcher but soft lander me thinks. I love Hanks testing!

I was hitting the HX Diablo alongside my regular ball and the ball that it replaced too....it just felt different (harder) compared to those particularly off the putter.....really jazzed about the Diablo tour though....could be a sleeper ball

me too man.....I've always hit Callaway balls well but never have put them in the bag full time.....if I hit the DT well it will be 'shoot out' time between the incumbent and the Dt

I think you're right my friend. I saw some real good things with the Diablo Tour when I was getting fit. It's gonna be a high launcher but soft lander me thinks. I love Hanks testing!

I think you'll be really surprised how well this ball is off the irons and around the green.

me too man.....I've always hit Callaway balls well but never have put them in the bag full time.....if I hit the DT well it will be 'shoot out' time between the incumbent and the Dt

I think you'll be really surprised how well this ball is off the irons and around the green.

I'm liking the tours quite a bit so far.

I love golfing with the HX diablo! its amazing! such a good feeling ball. hits straight and long. it feels like it might as well launch into space.

Is your regular ball and the one it replaced a premium ball? What's the price point on these?

I'd really like to see these on a launch monitor.

The Diablo Tour is a mid price ball, depending on where you buy it. My wife works for Wal-Mart and I get a 10% discount there. They sell the Tour and I've been playing it since I played through all of my Z-Stars. Not quite as nice off the driver in terms of feel, but I really like it off the putter and the short game spin. Not ProV1 or Z-star, but close enough I;ll take it for half the price. $22 a dozen at Wal-Mart, best price I've found for them.

I like the Tour ball. It doesn't have the stopping power on the greens of the Bridgestone B-330RX but for the price point I really like this ball.

Yes, the 330-RXS and/or 330-S

Price point for the HX Diablo Tour is $26

Is your regular ball and the one it replaced a premium ball? What's the price point on these?

I'd really like to see these on a launch monitor.

I thought the diablo tour was fantastic for its price point. All the benefits of a distance ball with decent stopping power and a good (slightly hard) feeling off the putter. I bought 3 dozen pentas for the deal but the diablo tour is my gamer.

Tap before talk.

The Diablo Tour [...] I'll take it for half the price. $22 a dozen at Wal-Mart, best price I've found for them.

Yepper. $21.96 last time I was there. LOVE them.
And unless the greens are just really solid, I have yet to have too much trouble stopping them. It's not like I can hit a ball exactly 142 yards and want it to stop dead anyway. I learned to play however much bounce-out it has...but it ain't much, imo.

I loved it too. Driver it cost me some distance but was so good off the irons. Purely a swing flaw with the driver.

I'm liking the tours quite a bit so far.

It really does launch high doesnt it!

I love golfing with the HX diablo! its amazing! such a good feeling ball. hits straight and long. it feels like it might as well launch into space.

Yup, a lot cheaper at Walmart than other areas.

The Diablo Tour is a mid price ball, depending on where you buy it. My wife works for Wal-Mart and I get a 10% discount there. They sell the Tour and I've been playing it since I played through all of my Z-Stars. Not quite as nice off the driver in terms of feel, but I really like it off the putter and the short game spin. Not ProV1 or Z-star, but close enough I;ll take it for half the price. $22 a dozen at Wal-Mart, best price I've found for them.

Spent some more time with these (specifically the Diablo Tours) this weekend and the early stages of pondering are creeping into my head.

The Diablo HX Tour feels really good off the driver as it feels like I'm fully compressing it without that 'mushy' feeling. It's got the right amount of spring to it off the face and doesn't launch overly high but it flies a long way. Not in a 'hard 2 piecer kind of way' but it gets out there. The feeling off the irons is nice and solid and doesn't have a clicky feel to it like the Diablo does which I expected but was still happy to see. The feeling off the wedges is really nice as it feels like the grooves are getting into the ball and th eball sits on the face just long enough to get some spin on it. This is something I haven't found at all with the Diablos as their strenght is more controlled rollout, I think. The HX Tours are definitely a hop and stop or hop hop and stop kinda ball that has minimal rollout which took some getting used to after hitting the Diablos. I'm not a huge spinner of the ball but you can tell that these are very receptive to an aggressive chip or pitch shot. Off the putter is plain awesome. Soft feel, true roll, and doesn't seem to skid when it starts out off the putter.

I'll save my final thoughts for my formal review but I want to get in another round with these bals this weekend before doing so. So far I think the Diablo isn't the ball for me but the Diablo Tour may be positioning itself for a ball shootout in the near future.

Glad to hear you like the Tours. I played with them all weekend and dropped in two, one from sand and one from rough, with my wedges. I am getting really good at getting these close based on bounce-out. IMO, for the $, unbeatable.

Great reviews so far. I've enjoyed the Diablo Tour the few times I've played it.

Glad to hear you like the Tours. I played with them all weekend and dropped in two, one from sand and one from rough, with my wedges. I am getting really good at getting these close based on bounce-out. IMO, for the $, unbeatable.

Hands down they are in the top tier with Bridgestone offerings for best "bargain ball." The HX Tour is the best ball/value in golf this year.

exactly my pondering process coming out of this review.....this weekend should be really interesting

Hands down they are in the top tier with Bridgestone offerings for best "bargain ball." The HX Tour is the best ball/value in golf this year.

I have used the Diablo tour balls and found them very comparable to the NXT Tour. Found the Diablo tour at walmart for 21.99. For that price a great ball to use.

Used both of these balls to start today's round and then focused on the Tour balls......the Diablo Tours are a legit ball. Good distance off the tee, great feeling off the irons and wedges, really good off the putter. The ball has a nice feeling to it and performs well around the greens. minimal roll out with predictable and consistent results.

Once I get my iron pondering nailed down, I'm going to put these against the RX-S and let the numbers decide which ball stays in my bag the rest of the year.

Used both of these balls to start today's round and then focused on the Tour balls......the Diablo Tours are a legit ball. Good distance off the tee, great feeling off the irons and wedges, really good off the putter. The ball has a nice feeling to it and performs well around the greens. minimal roll out with predictable and consistent results.

Once I get my iron pondering nailed down, I'm going to put these against the RX-S and let the numbers decide which ball stays in my bag the rest of the year.
Thanks for the update Hanks, I'm glad you're liking these balls to much. I've heard tons of great things about the HX Diablo Tour.

wait until you see my review...I really liked these.....really liked them

Callaway has put out a good line of 'almost tour balls' that epople are missing out on if they're not considering them

Thanks for the update Hanks, I'm glad you're liking these balls to much. I've heard tons of great things about the HX Diablo Tour.

played the diablo tour yesterday super long off the tee really confident stepping up to it

Back