Garsen QUAD Tour and MAX Putter Grips

I've had the Garsen Quad Tour, Non-taper installed on my putter for about a month now and thought I'd take a minute to check for wear. I have 20 recorded rounds, two charity scrambles, two non-recorded best ball rounds, and several practice sessions worth of use accumulated in that time.

At first glance, the grip still looks and feels like it's brand new! I'm very impressed by that! I've had other similar grips that started showing signs of use by now, but none of that is noted here. A deeper look still shows no blemishes. All the branding is still bright white, despite several rounds being played in hot temperatures and two played in the rain.

I still feel like this grip helps me align better to intended path, and am noticing a trend developing in my putts from greater than 10 feet. I'm holing out more often, however after looking at my stats, I need to do more work on the 3-6 foot range. Sounds like an excuse for me to continue with this grip, and I'm okay with that!

I'll try to snap a photo later this evening when I'm at the course.
As promised, here are a couple photos of my Garsen Quad Tour after about a month of use. Still looks and feels brand new!

IMG_6665.jpeg

IMG_6666.jpeg

Got it!
banana.gif

Garsen_MAX_Recd-20230714.JPG

It's a nice size for my hands. Tomorrow and Sunday I'll get some putting practice in and record some Blast Motion numbers. Monday I'll get the new grip put on, then do the same.

I like that shade of red :)

Got it!
banana.gif

Garsen_MAX_Recd-20230714.JPG

It's a nice size for my hands. Tomorrow and Sunday I'll get some putting practice in and record some Blast Motion numbers. Monday I'll get the new grip put on, then do the same.

I like that shade of red :)
@Duffer Seamus, have you had a chance to roll some putts with the Garsen grip installed yet?

@Duffer Seamus, have you had a chance to roll some putts with the Garsen grip installed yet?
Just once, doing swing rhythm practice in the basement and checking face angle at impact with my Blast Motion Golf sensor.

No appreciable improvement in face angle at impact numbers (min, max, average, standard deviation) over using opposing palms with the stock grip, but, that's just one session. It's certainly a lot more comfortable and consistent to grip and a lot quicker to get my grip right.

Just wanted to give kudos to garsen. I reached out asking about the odyssey branded max grip and was told to email Bernard. He answered my email, told me he would sell me one, and had invoice all in under a hour And this started after 10:00 est. That is above and beyond customer service.

And thanks to @hadi05 for the back and forth messages with questions about the grip

Just wanted to give kudos to garsen. I reached out asking about the odyssey branded max grip and was told to email Bernard. He answered my email, told me he would sell me one, and had invoice all in under a hour And this started after 10:00 est. That is above and beyond customer service.

And thanks to @hadi05 for the back and forth messages with questions about the grip
I wondered how one went about getting the Odyssey branded Garsen grips, that answers my question. I may reach out when it comes time to replace mine, but I'm pretty happy with the red/black right now.

I'm still very much liking the Garsen Max. My average putts per round have been slightly down since I started using it, and my confidence is way up.

I saw the initial post on instagram about emailing for details on how to get one, Sent email and the response was to email Bernard, within the hour I had a PayPal invoice sent me and by 8:30 my time this morning had USPS tracking info

Picked up a Odyssey 2-Ball tour lined Eleven with Garsen Max grip. 2 rounds in and just had my best putting round of the season with it (granted the greens were aerated and sanded so not sure what to make of that). Really think there is something to that Garsen Max grip.

Do any of you Garsen users know.....are the Max and the Max Tour the same size, only different material? I'm going to try a Garsen, as I putted all last season
with my thumbs to the side of the handle (round grip), but I too have very large hands (XXL golf glove) and require the largest grip.....

Do any of you Garsen users know.....are the Max and the Max Tour the same size, only different material? I'm going to try a Garsen, as I putted all last season
with my thumbs to the side of the handle (round grip), but I too have very large hands (XXL golf glove) and require the largest grip.....
Their website shows the dimensions as being identical - only difference being that the Max Tour has the smooth finish.

My wife and I are in the Orlando area for a few weeks break from the cold / snow up north. The weather's been unseasonably lousy here as well (cold and rainy yesterday, warmer but rainy again today), so I went to check out a couple of golf stores that I usually try to go to each year. Went to Edwin Watts and the PGA Superstore, both within a wedge shot of each other. At one store, I putted with a Bettenardi Putter that I COULD NOT MISS with (slant neck mallet that looked perfect at address), but then I looked at the price....$449.....and decided I'd hold off on that one!

But when I went to their club repair area I found a Garsen Max grip that I've been wanting to try. They had the Red / Black and the White / Black marked down to $25....(suggested retail is $35) Couldn't buy one fast enough. I would have preferred the Blue / Black or the all black Max Tour in all leather, but they didn't have either of those. Still, it's the shape and size that I'm after, so I can't wait to get home and get it installed!!

My wife and I are in the Orlando area for a few weeks break from the cold / snow up north. The weather's been unseasonably lousy here as well (cold and rainy yesterday, warmer but rainy again today), so I went to check out a couple of golf stores that I usually try to go to each year. Went to Edwin Watts and the PGA Superstore, both within a wedge shot of each other. At one store, I putted with a Bettenardi Putter that I COULD NOT MISS with (slant neck mallet that looked perfect at address), but then I looked at the price....$449.....and decided I'd hold off on that one!

But when I went to their club repair area I found a Garsen Max grip that I've been wanting to try. They had the Red / Black and the White / Black marked down to $25....(suggested retail is $35) Couldn't buy one fast enough. I would have preferred the Blue / Black or the all black Max Tour in all leather, but they didn't have either of those. Still, it's the shape and size that I'm after, so I can't wait to get home and get it installed!!
You’ll enjoy it!

Back