Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back to my Scotty, what a great move. No more pondering for me.

I also changed the way I grip my putter and lookout. Lags are easy and inside 6 feet I'm a lock.

Even a SC finds the hole once and a while haha. Hey dude if it works for you then roll with it. Literally.

I went back to my Scotty, what a great move. No more pondering for me.

I also changed the way I grip my putter and lookout. Lags are easy and inside 6 feet I'm a lock.

You and me both buddy.. The method was just rolling everything too long.. the Newport seems to have stopped that for me.

Really want to sell my G15's and pick up a set of Burner 2.0's. No real statistical data to back up this choice. I've actually never hit the burners to be honest. They just look so tempting.

Edit: And while we're at it, I would like to swap my CG16's for some Nike VR Pro Black Oxide wedges. No statistical data for that potential change either.

Really want to sell my G15's and pick up a set of Burner 2.0's. No real statistical data to back up this choice. I've actually never hit the burners to be honest. They just look so tempting.

Edit: And while we're at it, I would like to swap my CG16's for some Nike VR Pro Black Oxide wedges. No statistical data for that potential change either.

I would hit this stuff before you bought them.. Otherwise it could be a big waste of money

Tap tap taparoo

I would hit this stuff before you bought them.. Otherwise it could be a big waste of money

Tap tap taparoo

True that.

The 2.0's are baaaad arse though.

Tap tap taparoo

Yeah that's true. I'm not one to waste a lot of money but it's tough to hit anything where I live. Unless a friend has it, the chances of me hitting it before purchase are small. I need to make a trip to Memphis to get fit before I purchase again.

What is the best way to approach looking into switching from a standard (stock) putter grip to possibly an oversized? How do I know if it's "right" for me? I guess everywhere I've gone, they only have the stock grips on their putters... kinda stinks. Do you just select one and "go with it" ?

Placed well in a tourney this weekend and have a little to spend in the club house, so I'm pondering what to buy. $370 total, mostly cash, but $150 on the books at the course. I really want a new set of shoes and some clothes and a new XFT wedge and some 2.0 irons and and and... lol. Guess I should get the shoes, so whats the best, most comfortable out there right now? The 3.0's are looking pretty nice.

Placed well in a tourney this weekend and have a little to spend in the club house, so I'm pondering what to buy. $370 total, mostly cash, but $150 on the books at the course. I really want a new set of shoes and some clothes and a new XFT wedge and some 2.0 irons and and and... lol. Guess I should get the shoes, so whats the best, most comfortable out there right now? The 3.0's are looking pretty nice.

tough decision buddy! I would go equipment. It lasts longer. and I am an equipment junky

Pondering another hybrid but unsure how to proceed, I currently have an 18 degree mashie and a 21 degree nike CPR, I think the 23 degree mashie might be a bit too close to the nike but I don't know if I want to go all the way to the 26 degree either. Ideally I think I'd like to remove the 4 iron and 5 iron from the bag and just go with hybrids.

Pondering another hybrid but unsure how to proceed, I currently have an 18 degree mashie and a 21 degree nike CPR, I think the 23 degree mashie might be a bit too close to the nike but I don't know if I want to go all the way to the 26 degree either. Ideally I think I'd like to remove the 4 iron and 5 iron from the bag and just go with hybrids.

dude, I used to have a CPR and I loved it! I swear it was one of the best ever

my dad swears by his Nike CPR. He has 2 Cleveland DST hybrids that I gave him and he prefers the nike.

tough decision buddy! I would go equipment. It lasts longer. and I am an equipment junky

Good point, I might just pi k up a new wedge and let the rest go towards green fees, won't be a lot left.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I am seriously pondering a Seemore Si2w. I just can't shake the pondering....

I love my CPR it's just about the only club I ever hit well heh. Looking at my Mizunos' the 4 iron is 22 and the 5 iron is 25 so going to the 26 degree Mashie wouldn't be that much of a gap .. I think that's probably the way to go, I'd have a hybrid 1 degree stronger then my 4 iron and one 1 degree lower then my 5 iron.

I'd make it rain, but that's just me. I have a solid marraige.

I'd make it rain, but that's just me. I have a solid marraige.

It's rained quite a bit here already, I'll settle for a cloud or two those.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I had a Nike CPR too and i agree, it was a great club.

Any place will do these days, even on Wednesday mornings. :D

Due, I hope you know what I'm talking about.

No idea, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer here, lol

Tap,Tap,Tap

Last edited:
No idea, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer her, lol

Next time you're in town I'll take you to a place where it rains all the time. More so on weekend nights.

Next time you're in town I'll take you to a place where it rains all the time. More so on weekend nights.

HA HA HA.

I like it. Making it rain is fun!!:rain::rain:

Lol, sounds good

pondering some new irons even more than before....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back