Ask The Pro Section Updates

Thank you so much for all you have done here Andy. Bext of luck to you in the future.
tapping and talking from Tapatalk

Best Wishes going forward Andy, your incredbile insight will be missed. On the other hand, thanks to Golftec for stepping in and filling some big shoes.

A big thank you is needed to Andy for all his help, and I'm really looking forward to having GolfTec help us hackers along. Thank you agian.

Good luck in the future Andy. I have always enjoyed the ask the pro questions and answers.

Andy, you've been great here and it was a pleasure to meet you last year at the outing. You've been so great to me in some personal conversations and I wish you the best of luck in your future.

GolfTEC, does it get any better than having you guys around to answer questions and give advice? Hell no!

Way to go THP, this is great news.

Thanks for your help and efforts Andy!

Thanks for your hard work and time Andy! OneT will miss you. Good luck buddy, hit em well!!

Andy you helped me the very first day I belonged to THP when I received a terrible fitting and you had me straightened out in a matter of hours. I cannot thank you enough and will never forget this. I only wish there was some way I could pay you back.

Good luck sir.

Best of luck Andy!

Glad to have GolfTec here at THP, looking forward to some great advice!

Sad news that Andy is moving on as he was a big help to lots of people on this site. Best wishes in your future endeavors.

Welcome GolfTEC crew!

Thanks for the hard work Andy and good luck. After my first experience with GolfTec this past weekend I think this is a great partnership and I'm looking forward to the changes.

Good luck, Andy.

Welcome, GolfTEC. :)

Your New GolfTEC Coaches

Your New GolfTEC Coaches

Thanks to all the forum members for the kind words of welcome! We're excited to be here and would like to introduce you to the two Coaches you'll be hearing from in this forum section. Patrick Nuber, a GolfTEC Coach in Colorado, will be answering your questions on Tuesdays and Lance West, a Coach in Minneapolis, will be here Wednesdays.

Of course, please submit your questions throughout the week and keep an eye out for updated answers on Tuesdays and Wednesdays every week. Lance or Patrick will follow a thread all the way through so you'll hear from the same Coach on each question.

Now...meet the new Coaches!
Patrick Nuber, Ask A Pro Tuesdays

1. How long have you been coaching at GolfTEC? I have been coaching with GolfTEC since January of 2005 ( 6.5 years ) with over 10,500 GolfTEC lessons taught.

2. How long have you been a golf instructor and where did you work previously to GolfTEC? Prior to starting with GolfTEC I was in college at Mississippi State University getting my marketing degree within the Professional Golf Management Program. My 16 months of internships were with Inverness Country Club in Birmingham, AL, Sahalee Country Club in Sammamish, WA, and the USGA during the 2001 US Open at Southern Hills Country Club in Tulsa, OK.

3. What's your favorite aspect of being a golf Coach? Lots of answers to this one but there is not a better feeling of knowing that you have helped somebody do something that they have never done before, whether it's place in a tournament or score a career round, only to have them come back weeks later and tell you they did it again!
Recently one of my juniors that I have been working with has struggled with getting too worked up mentally on the golf course. In a recent tournament he made a 12 on a par 3 and instead of just getting mad or angry he worked with a rules official to help him out. After making a 12, most people would be in a such a bad mental state and storm off the green but instead he walked up to the rules official, shook his hand and said, "thank you for your help sir." I could not have been more proud of him and when he returns to his home course the next day, he shot a 75 to win his club's Junior Club Championship. Knowing you have been part of the process is very rewarding to me.

4. What's your career low round? Career Round is 68....I have been close to beating that on mulitple occasions but the 67 or lower has continued to elude me!

5. Best golf memory. Honestly I am not sure I can truly answer this one as my "best golf memory" as there a lot of really good ones. The one that comes to mind first is my first trip to Bandon Dunes with my father, oldest brother, and mother. My mother does not play but likes to walk around and my middle brother was studying in Spain at the time. We had two days of 36 holes per day and two awesome days of weather granted it was windy but it was still around 60 degrees and sunny the entire time.

The best part was just being able to spend time with them, hang out afterwards with some beers, good food, great sunsets, and know that you were going to be able to do the same thing the very next day! We did go back a couple years later when they opened the 3rd course but it wasn't as memorable as the first time.

Lance West, Ask A Pro Wednesdays

1. How long have you been coaching at GolfTEC? I have been with GolfTEC Since '08 or 3 years.

2. How long have you been a golf instructor and where did you work previously to GolfTEC? I attended Oklahoma State and I've been a golf instructor for 10 years I worked for The Minikahda Club host of the 1916 U.S. Open where Chick Evans won as an amateur and donated the winnings to start the Evan's Scholarship program. Before that I came from the Indiana PGA Section where are worked at Broadmoor Country Club and the Legends of Indiana where the Director of Golf is the current Vice President of the PGA of America.

3. What's your favorite aspect of being a golf Coach? My favorite part of being a golf coach is seeing the joy and excitement on my student's face when they hit great shots or shoot their career rounds.

4. What's your career low round? My career round is a 68.

5. Best golf memory. Best golf memories are watching my 5 year old daughter hit a golf ball like a tour player and attending my first Master's. There is no other place like it!

Really nice to meet you both. Look forward to working with you!

Thanks for all your help, Andy. You've helped me out a lot!

Welcome to the GolfTec staff who will be heading up the Ask the Pro forum now.

Welcome aboard and looking forward to some wisdom from you guys!

Welcome Patrick and Lance! Very excited to see what knowledge you bring to our forum.

Best of luck to you Andy! Thanks for all the help over the years. It was great to meet you at the outing last September.

Welcome aboard Patrick and Lance!

Good Luck to you Andy. I always looked forward to the advice you give, but all good things must come to an end. Best of luck in everything you do.

Looking forward to GolfTec now being an even bigger part of the forum and reading what they have to offer.

Good luck Andy! My wife and I had the privilege of sitting with Andy at the THP Dinner during the 2010 Fall Outing. He's a great guy and good company.

wow! best of luck to Andy and big welcome to GolfTEC. I've used the facility in Westminster CO and hope to utilize it even more going forward!

Andy, you will be missed. I can't begin to tell you how many of your golf tips I've used. I still work on the baseball drill and others.

Welcome GolfTec. I look forward to reading your tips and drills.

i would like to personally thank Andy for all the help he has given to me. i know with out his help i wouldnt be where i am today.

also weldone and welcome to golftec look forward to reading there advice in the near future.

Good luck to Andy and thanks for all the help.

Can't wait to see what the coaches at GolfTEC have in store for us!

Best of luck Andy and welcome Golftec.

Back