Bridgestone J40 Driver Sneak Peek

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got a photo sent to me of the J40 445cc driver head. There is also going to be a 430cc driver head as well. Here is the pictures. Thoughts?

IMG3881-L.jpg

IMG3879-L.jpg

IMG3878-L.jpg

IMG3882-L.jpg

not overly impressed. Holy glare

Interesting.

I liked the J38. I didn't like it as much as they were asking for it. But I thought it was nice and stout.

Nice looking driver! Like the red shaft on the black head

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I like the look. Not a lot going on which I like. Holy glare is right though!

I like the clean look on the bottom. Looks very similar to the Zstar from address. Any idea on the red shaft in there?

I am LIKING the looks of this one. Just out of curiosity does a smaller head effect forgiveness?

I love the face, like the overall look too, especially the crown from address. Great looking driver, I'm sure it's a bomber too.

• Admin
I like the clean look on the bottom. Looks very similar to the Zstar from address. Any idea on the red shaft in there?

My guess is Project X. Just like the irons last year.

I am LIKING the looks of this one. Just out of curiosity does a smaller head effect forgiveness?

Yes. Smaller heads are less forgiving. Easier workability (right One-T), but less forgiveness.

Nice. Will this be another "spin-killer"?

Nice. Will this be another "spin-killer"?

I expect the smaller of the two heads will be more of a spin killer due to a slightly different shape.
But I would expect it to spin less than many that are on the market, yes.

digging the clean look and smaller head. can't wait to hear reviews.

It looks nice to me. I have yet to hit a Bridgestone driver, I need to get on that.

I'd hit it!

Looks simple and clean. I like it. is that some sort of weighting system in/near the heel?

Looks simple and clean. I like it. is that some sort of weighting system in/near the heel?

Not sure yet. It does not appear to be changeable.

I like the red shaft and black head combo! Good looking club and hoping this one will be at demo day in May.

I like the red shaft and black head combo! Good looking club and hoping this one will be at demo day in May.

It most likely wont be red when it hits market gray.

Is that a "made for" version or the real deal?

Not sure yet, but my gut feeling says real deal.

Not a bad lookin club. Any idea what shafts will come standard with it?

Interested in hearing about this badboy, I love bridgestone equipment. Just too hard to find around here.

Does look fairly similar to the Z-Star from address as someone else said. Interesting to see how it performs as I have never hit a BS club before.

Back