Forum Testing Signup - Blind Golf Ball Testing

1. What golf ball do your currently play?
2. What is your handicap?
3. What is your driver swing speed?
4. What do you look for in a golf ball?
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

1. Vision golf ball and Prov1 and B330-RX
2. 8.2
3. 105-109
4. A soft feel off all of the clubs including the putter. I like a ball that can provide spin or atleast hit and stop but can still give me distance. But more importantly a durable ball if I can't play a 9 hole round without scuffs then it's almost like a waste of money on the ball.
5. My testing plan would include these balls and put them up against the vision golf balls along with testing spin rates around the green and from different distances and different shots from bunkers to 140 yards. Also test the ball against other balls such as the B330 and other Nike balls and even the Taylormade Pentas. I would test as many balls as I could up against each other to see the different results. My activity on THP has continued to improve and will continue doing so. I am able to play 2-3 rounds a week and continue going to the putting/chipping greens so these unknown balls would get good usage before hitting the actual course. I continue putting postivie input when needed, I am a current tester of vision golf balls so I could knock out two different balls and compare them together.

Thanks again THP you never fail at unique opportunities for everyone on the site. Thanks to the unknown company as well!

Last edited:
Mentioned this on Twitter, but will say again, as a Science guy I love the idea of a true blind test. Thanks THP and Mystery Company.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? TM Penta
2. What is your handicap? 14
3. What is your driver swing speed? Don't trust the monitor at my local GolfTown; it says 76mph, but I drive over 270 without issue and I don't think those 2 numbers go together.
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? I want a ball with low spin off the driver, but one that will drop and stop on the green.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will mark the balls like I normally do, but will number them 1-5 as well. I will play them as I normally would, but will keep track of which club I hit for each shot and how the ball responds (distance/spin). I play 5+ rounds a week, and will put the ball in play asap. Each day after the round, I will take pictures of each ball I used and post my thoughts and results on the thread as well as FB and Twitter. I tend to not lose many balls, so hopefully with 5 balls I could give a nice long review; my current ball I have been using for almost 3 full rounds.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Srixon Z-star
2. What is your handicap? 5
3. What is your driver swing speed? 115
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Lower spin off of driver, soft feel with spin around the green.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Will put these up against my Z-stars, on the course and on the practice green/chipping area. I read the forums everyday and post when I have something to add, which happens a couple times a day I'd imagine. Thanks THP and mystery OEM for this opportunity.

Srixon Tri-speed Tour Yellow and Vision UV:X3 until they run out

I like a good feeling ball around the green. One that pitches and chips good, and feels good off the putter.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Thank you THP and Mystery ball company for yet another great opportunity to review!
I like to compare the test balls to other name brand balls for performance checks/comparisons etc. I play up to four times per week so the product will get plenty of review time. I post everyday and I love to stay involved with many of the threads. I enjoy testing golf balls or anything else where I can give my perspective.

Thank you THP and Mystery ball company for yet another great opportunity to review!

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Testing a lot of different balls right now including the Vision ball, but I think my favorites right now are the Bridgestone 330, ProV1, and ProV1x. I also really like the Penta, but have seen better performance as of late from the previous 3.
2. What is your handicap? 8-10
3. What is your driver swing speed? 105-110
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Performance around the greens and durability
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would put the blind ball through the same testing that I did with the Vision golf balls (on the course and practice greens) and compare the ball to all the others I am currently testing independently and for THP. I try to stay as active as possible on THP, but work sometimes gets in the way of posting everyday.

Thanks again to THP for the great opportunities they provide all of us

Titleist ProV1 or Callaway i(s)

I'm hovering around 6 at the moment

Driver swing avg is 106mph

controlability around the greens.

Driver distance comparison between the ProV1, Callaway i(s) and the blind ball.
8-iron distance and spin comparison between the three balls states above
Spin performance comparison with wedges between the three balls stated above
Last but not least...the putter feel between the three balls stated above

What golf ball do your currently play?
I play the Bridgestone B330-S but have recently tested and decided on the Callaway Tour i(S) for The Morgan Cup.

What is your handicap?

What is your driver swing speed?
106-110

What do you look for in a golf ball?
Feel is #1, green side spin #2 and distance is 3rd. Durability should factor in right behind those 3 because these days we're paying a lot of $ for our golf balls and it's nice to get more than a few holes out of them before needing to replace them.

Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
Right now I feel that I play the best golf ball for my game so I'll be able to put this ball up against my current ball and should be able to give back good honest feedback based on the results. I'm on THP everyday and will be able to talk a lot about the ball and answer any and all questions that might come my way.

Thank you THP and mystery ball company, this is an exciting opportunity for sure and I hope I get selected!

I would to try some blind testing. I know I have brand bias but I don't think there is an easy way to get rid of it.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Srixon ZStar
2. What is your handicap? 12
3. What is your driver swing speed? 104-107
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? The most performance for the best price
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 3 times a week and am active on the forums.

I am in for this!

1. What golf ball do your currently play? I play the Bridgestone B-330RX or the Callaway Diablo Tour
2. What is your handicap? right now it is a 21 and definiatly going the wrong direction
3. What is your driver swing speed? The last time it was measured it was 98 mph.
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Softness off the clubface and some spin control on the green.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would work around the putting green on shipping and on the greeen with putting first. I would then put them in play on the course and give GPS measured yardages, along with thoughts on feel, control, and durability. Then I would play them against my current ball and once again give GPS measured yardages, with more thought and comparisions against my current ball. I am a long time member of THP and have been fairly active and also had the privilage of testing other equipment and training aids.
Thanks to THP and the mystry company for the opportunity for those selected to give these balls a thorough and honest testing.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? TM Penta, ProV/x and JDM balls like XXIO Premium and Kasco
2. What is your handicap? ~15
3. What is your driver swing speed? 100MPH
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Soft feel on wedges/putter, minimum spin on Driver
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will play the week I get the ball! (Gives me more excuses to get out). I visit THP daily, read the reviews and look for places to contribute, love the site!

I would love to get in on this but I am new to the community:golf2:. Looking forward to the feedback!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice?

Bridgestone B330-S. It is a long ball and still has great greenside spin. It also is a very durable ball and can easily play 18 holes.

3.5 Index

120mph

4. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game?

I look for control off of the tee as far as spin rates go, but still be able to get greenside spin. Durability is important as well because I don't want to replace my ball every 3 holes.

I would put it directly head to head with the Bridgestone 330-S, and see how it holds up to my higher swing speeds as well as wedges. The most important factor will be short game control and how it will perform. WIth that said, the majority of the time will be spent around the green trying different shots to see how it performs in that aspect. I have been a member since May 2011, and have already started some of my own personal review threads and really enjoy telling others what I think of certain pieces of equipment

I'll throw my hat in the ring, since I enjoyed the TaylorMade blind testing last time around.

I have been all over the map recently, I prefer the Srixon Z-Star (white or yellow), but have played Wilson EcoCore, TM Burner Tour, and Bridgestone E6 Yellow in recent rounds.

Currently sitting at 22

100-105 mph

I have gotten used to the greenside control that comes with balls that have a urethane cover (most often "tour-level" balls). Second would be durability, which is probably why I like the Z-Star so much.

I live about 5 miles from a golf course, and play 9 holes after work once a week, along with 18 on the weekend. There are also putting and chipping areas that I can use for tons of testing time. My activity level has waned a bit of late. Work has been very busy, and I recently moved, so I haven't had as much time to lurk around the forums. Things are lightening up, so I definitely can write some review posts if I get chosen.

Cheers,
C

1. What golf ball do your currently play? B330-S, E-6 Yellow

2. What is your handicap? 22

3. What is your driver swing speed? 105-108

4. What do you look for in a golf ball? A ball that flies straight off the driver, and is easy to play from 100 yards in. I need a ball that works with me, not a ball that is too advanced for my game. The ball has to be durable, I don't look forward to replacing a ball every other hole because it's being torn apart. Anything with new technology would be nice to test as well.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am on THP daily, mostly reading. I have done a ball review for THP in the past. I am able to play golf weekly (weather dependent lately). I have access to great putting and chipping practice areas, and courses with different types of grass.

I'll try this time to see if I can be a tester.

Current ball: Penta TP
Handicap: Currently 14.3
Swing Speed: 90-100 mph
What I look for in a ball: One I can compress relatively easy off the tee, great distance, greenside control and durability.
Testing plans: At least 2-3 times per week on the course, along with some putting ahd chipping activities. I will give honest, fair and thorough reviews of this ball just like I have everything else I have been lucky enough to try(though I really wanted Burner 2.0s)

I have lost all my yellow B-330 RX's or would have done more reviews, plus I did not like the Polaras one bit, that is why I was a one review and done.

Thanks for the opp!

Last edited:
Srixon Z-Star X
110-115 mph
A ball that feels good off the clubs (Firm yet soft) that offers good distance and control around the greens.
I'm on THP daily and play 2-3 times a week. I'd have plenty of opportunity to test these balls fairly as well as answer any questions other THP'ers may have.

Bridgestone E-6 and Srixon Soft Feel

95ish

That I feel I can compress it, that I can control it with the driver, and that it feels good off the putter. I typically am willing to give up a little spin for a straighter ball flight.

I'd hit each ball individual at my home driving range (aka the "net of improvement") for how it feels off the club with most clubs, full swings and pitching and chipping.
At the range I'd putt with all of them to get an idea of how they feel off the putting and more pitching and chipping.
On the course I'd rotate through the ball making sure each got a fair share of driver and woods, irons, and greens.

I'm on THP all the time, lurked for a loooong time, been rather active with the posting since I decided to stop being a lurker.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? TaylorMade Penta TP
2. What is your handicap? 8
3. What is your driver swing speed? 105-110
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? I like to have everything in a golf ball. As long as there is some combination of higher level distance, spin, and feel, then I'm generally interested in the ball. It really takes a lot of playing for me to determine whether or not it's my favorite.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Activity is pretty high in my opinion. I'm on daily and share my input any place I can, especially in the Burner 2.0 testing thread. As far as a plan goes, I have a good idea of what I would do. First off, I'd like to go to the practice green to chip, pitch, and putt. With all of this I would be gauging the feel as well as greenside spin. After this, I'd play on the course often and would get a good idea of distance and spin off the irons and driver. Throughout this entire process, I should be able to determine the durability of the ball.

I would love to get in on this but I am new to the community:golf2:. Looking forward to the feedback!

Just stay active and keep posting. The greatest part about this forum is the sharing of information. But as long as you meet:
4. You MUST be a THP Forum member with at least 10 posts to participate.
You'll be good to go.

I think, I'm no expert on this for sure!!!:D

1. What golf ball do your currently play? srixon trispeed mostly b330 rx occasionally
2. What is your handicap? 14
3. What is your driver swing speed? 100-105
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? soft feel, decent spin to hold the green but not so much driver spin.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? these would be gamed head to head v my trispeed and b330 rx. also alot of short chipping work in my garden.
my activity level hmmmm i like to think its quite good.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Top Flite Gamer V2
2. What is your handicap? 8 (oob)
3. What is your driver swing speed? 104
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Spin, control and feel5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would test side by side with my existing ball of choice by chipping and putting first and short approaches followed by on-course performance.

Thanks THP and Mystery Company for another great testing opportunity
1. What golf ball do your currently play?-Srixon Zstar
2. What is your handicap?-8
3. What is your driver swing speed?-Not Sure, drives are anywhere between 250-280
4. What do you look for in a golf ball?-Soft feel, Great Spin around the green, decent distance off the tee, DURABILITY
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?-I would test these on course 2-4x a week and also hit the chipping/putting green on other days, i am very active on THP and plan to be for a very very long time.

I am always interested in checking out new golf ball technology!

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Bridgestone B330-RX & E7
2. What is your handicap? 12.2
3. What is your driver swing speed? 85-90
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Distance with moderate spin around the greens.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Will compare with other balls I am using and have in the bag. I follow a lot of posts but only post myself if I have something worthwhile to add.

WOW... This is a truly exciting opportunity from THP and the Mystery Ball Company. I am new to the community, but I am on daily and contribute when I have solid information to give, so I would like to throw my hat in the ring for consideration.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? I currently game the Titleist PROV1x, but have been bouncing around with other balls and brands trying to find the "right" ball for my game. I keep coming back to Titleist but thats just because I know they are a great ball, yet sometimes it doesn't agree with my game.

2. What is your handicap? Other than golf?? HA HA... This is the first year I have seriously tracked my handicap thru GHIN and it is currently at a 9.7 and I am hoping to lower that by the end of the year. My goal is to get sub 5.

3. What is your driver swing speed? When I was getting fitted for my driver, I was averaging 112mph.

4. What do you look for in a golf ball? When im looking at golfballs, my first impression is when I open the box and hold it in my hand, determining if it feels hard or soft, or if it has a "sticky" cover. When out on the course, I am looking for a ball with good distance, listens when im yelling "get left" or "get right", smooth feel off my irons, and finally...rolls true on the greens.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? As I said before, I am new to the community, but I am on everyday and adding my 2 cents when I feel I have something to add. Regarding my testing plan, since I am trying to become more serious about golf, I have been fortunate to marry a wonderful woman who has allowed me to pursue my goals. I get to play at least 18-27 holes a week, along with spending more time at the range working on my putting and chipping. If chosen I will be taking the balls to the range to test them on the putting green against my current gamer ball and others that I have in the garage. I will also test them chipping and out of the bunker. I will use the same brand and model balls thru all of my testing process. Finally, I will test the mystery ball on the course with my driver against the other balls. I will post all of my results and pictures after every testing session.

If chosen I think it would be a great opportunity to get out and play more golf, and feel like I am actually contributing to this website and message board by giving my honest opinion of a product which may promt other discussion and others to purchase the mystery ball!

Thanks for the opportunity THP!!

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Srixon Trispeed

2. What is your handicap? 2

3. What is your driver swing speed? 110+

I like my golf balls to be durable and have some decent greenside spin. The ball should check on most pitch and chip shots after a bounce or two and on full shots sit real soft with maybe a few feet of backspin. I'm not looking for a ball to spin a ton on full swings as i feel this is hard to control. My golf balls have to be very durable as i cut golf balls very easily.

I play minimum 2 days a week and max 4 times so i would play the ball every chance i get. I would also save a ball or 2 for strict short game shots on the practice green, along with putting to get a feel for the ball off the putter. As far as my activity on THP, i am on here everyday talking about equipment and my golf game. I just joined a week or 2 ago and already have over 100 post. I love the community and enjoy posting on here my thoughts about golf clubs, shafts, balls, bags, shoes, etc. I feel i would be a very good person for this test and would cherish the opportunity.

Back