Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You read my mind. I forwarded this to the Queen Bee earlier for approval. Good lookin' out!!

Yea man this is a great looking cabin! You would have plenty of room to bring in a few more folks to help with the rent, if you choose that route.

See cabin: http://www.vrbo.com/30237

If anyone is looking at booking the Holiday Inn Express in Blairsville it might be worth it to give hotwire.com a look from time to time.

I've seen the rates for as low as $79 a night. They are a good bit higher through hotels.com.

Last edited:
I just secured my cabin and sent a $200.00 deposit in to lock it down. This is where the couples are staying at:

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p900880

T0AD was talking to one of the same owners I was and I believe he just locked him a cabin down today too!

Last edited:
We are trying to get an idea to see how people are doing with arrangements for the October Georgia Get Together. If you are sure you are attending this years event, answer the following questions.

1. Are you staying in Blairsville?

2. What days are you planning on playing golf if you are not staying in Blairsville? Saturday, Sunday or both days?

3. Some of us are arriving Friday morning for a round of golf Friday. Will you be joining us for Friday golf?

4. Have you secured your lodging if staying in Blairsville? October is a very busy month in North Georgia due to it being the peak time for the Fall leaf colors etc.

2. What days are you planning on playing golf if you are not staying in Blairsville? Saturday, Sunday or both days?
3. Some of us are arriving Friday morning for a round of golf Friday. Will you be joining us for Friday golf?
4. Have you secured your lodging if staying in Blairsville? October is a very busy month in North Georgia due to it being the peak time for the Fall leaf colors etc.
1. Yes
2. Coming up Friday after school's out...hopefully be there by 6-6:30. Golfing Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully it's kind of early Sunday (?)
3. Nope
4. Working on it. Still waiting to hear from my landlord on securing the deposit; I emailed last night after the traffic we both got OG and told her I wanted it.

1. Yes
2. Coming up Friday after school's out...hopefully be there by 6-6:30. Golfing Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully it's kind of early Sunday (?)
3. Nope
4. Working on it. Still waiting to hear from my landlord on securing the deposit; I emailed last night after the traffic we both got OG and told her I wanted it.

Tee times begin at 09:00 a.m. Sunday at Old Union and you can be in the first group off if need be.

You're not getting a lot of answers in here OG. What's going on? October was a bold time of year to find accomodations around those parts buddy.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

1. Yes

2. NA (as we have already discussed)

3. I'll be there I am pretty sure.

4. Yep :)

sorry I will not be able to make this one guys. This is when my bros baby will be born and I cant miss out on that. You all will have a blast!

You're not getting a lot of answers in here OG. What's going on? October was a bold time of year to find accomodations around those parts buddy.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

No problem with accommodations for now. I have a cabin booked and I believe T0AD should have his confirmation today. If people wait too long, it will be a real problem as everyone wants to see the North Georgia Mountains in October. Brilliant color display of leaves and foliage for sure!

We need these questions answered asap by everyone attending so we can plan accordingly:

sorry I will not be able to make this one guys. This is when my bros baby will be born and I cant miss out on that. You all will have a blast!

It sucks to hear you and TC will not be able to come however that baby is a special blessing and it's totally understandable. I suppose that means Uncle Daddy will not be down either?

We are trying to get an idea to see how people are doing with arrangements for the October Georgia Get Together. If you are sure you are attending this years event, answer the following questions.

Work has thrown me a curve ball reducing my chance of going to 90%, but I plan to stay in Blairsville

2. What days are you planning on playing golf if you are not staying in Blairsville? Saturday, Sunday or both days? N/A

Given I make it, I plan on driving in Friday morning (early) for the Friday Round

Not as of yet...

I am a little confused on the TOAD cabin..Was that for everyone or just for TOAD and family/friends??

thx
bama

I am a little confused on the TOAD cabin..Was that for everyone or just for TOAD and family/friends??

thx
bama

I will let T0AD answer that one for you. He is looking at renting a pretty large cabin and should know something today.

I will let T0AD answer that one for you. He is looking at renting a pretty large cabin and should know something today.

Bama, I was going to go seclusion-style only so a couple teen boys didn't cramp the party stylings of the older folks. We have asked a couple we know to join us for the weekend (no word yet on their RSVP), but if it turns out you need a bunk (or in this case a futon up in the loft) you're more than welcome. Considering you're chances of showing are now diminished, I'd hate to see you go through too much hassle and then just give it up in the end. It'd be easier if we just welcomed you in just in case you DO show up. The place we're depositing on today is a two story plus a full basement. The basement is probably where we'll seclude the boys since it has ping-pong, darts, PS3, TV and stereo to go along with the sofas, futons and full bathroom. That'll leave the upper two floors for grownups. Although some vigrous drunken ping pong does sound kind of fun.

No problem with accommodations for now. I have a cabin booked and I believe T0AD should have his confirmation today. If people wait too long, it will be a real problem as everyone wants to see the North Georgia Mountains in October. Brilliant color display of leaves and foliage for sure!

We need these questions answered asap by everyone attending so we can plan accordingly:

1. Are you staying in Blairsville? I won't be staying in Blairsville.
2. What days are you planning on playing golf if you are not staying in Blairsville? Saturday, Sunday or both days? I'm thinking Saturday, tell me more about times, 18 or 36 etc.
3. Some of us are arriving Friday morning for a round of golf Friday. Will you be joining us for Friday golf? I like Friday better than Saturday.

Sorry I am being hard to pin down, I need to discuss with my (much) better half and we are in the middle of planning the road trip to Oregon right now. I do plan to get over there and meet some folks, she may come with me and do her thing (thrift stores and flea markets.) And we may go on up to NC for a day or two. Or not. Heck, I might just drive over two day. Still running possibilities.

1. I much prefer the cabin over a hotel as it keeps the cost down, with fuel/airfare its not a cheap trip.

2. All of the above.

3. Travel dependent on Friday morning.

4. Nope, no clue who's coming that wants to split a cabin with everyone.

--
tapatalk

It looks like our Georgia Get Together is having a players list modification due to family or other circumstances. Here is who I have currently on the for sure list:

List of Golfers who have who are signed up:

Ole gray
KellyBo
Setho
DawgDaddy
SeeMoreGuy
Lefty78 (Maybe one day – Saturday)
T0AD
SW
Tadashi70
Bama
Adwillingham
Brian T
Josh_Ross (Maybe one day – Saturday)
Dmb012
Sean
ChunkyLover (Maybe)

Total = 16

If you plan on coming and do not see your name on the list above, PM me so we can add you. If you see your name on the list and for whatever reason will not be able to attend, PM me so we can work on the tee times and group pairings prior to the get together.

Last edited:
I am going to try to get Rick to come again this year.

Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

I am pretty sure I am in. Let me double check with my wife and let you know tomorrow.

Sorry Josh, doesn't look like OG has your name right yet. :D

Josh_Ross not Josh_Rush. :blowkiss:

Back