What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you play one long enough to really get to know it :D

I played a Callawy xi for 35 1/2 holes this weekend. I'll play them anytime but won't spend the $$$ for them (or any ball over $25 dz).

hey, 6 holes is a long time for me, especially after the amount of balls I lost last Saturday

So is it just me, or does anyone else find it easier to find the white balls over the yellow ones? I played a Z-Star about 2 weeks ago, and went through 2 in 5 holes, and both shots were slight misses into the rough!

I found that the yellow balls are harder to find during the day, but they are rockstars when playing twilight golf.

I played the penta my past 2 rounds since I ran out of B330-S's. I like them, but I like my Bridgestones better.

Played Bridgestone B330-S, nice ball flight off the tee with the irons. Soft around greens but ridiculous amount of spin with wedges on the wet greens I played today.

played the Z-star today...it was nice!

Lost it on the 16th hole so I played a Pro V1 the last 3 holes. The pro v really checks up alot more then the z-star. Really like both balls though! gladly play either!

Found a Penta today, might try the the next round.

Went away from the Nike 20X1 black and put the 20X1 spin in play today.

Distance was good but not as long as the distance. At least off the driver. My irons were right on par.
Spin was over the top, this ball stopped with in a foot of it's mark with everything from a 6 to SW. It's counter part released more off the irons. Chipping was a joy today, darts comes to mind.
Ball flight was higher than the Distance
Putting was very nice, the ball felt great coming off the face.
On a scale of 1-5, 5 being the highest I give the ball a 4.5 on the all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that it matters, but isn't that a women's ball?

It is but hey if it works it works! I have never tried one, but curious how they work for men

yes it is a ladies ball... or its marketed towards women but it was free(found it) and it survived a whole round
and it skipped over water like a champ
bounced back into the fw after going deep into the trees
lol it worked and it worked pretty good too

today i played a manly mans ball... it even had hair on its chest after a few wedge shots lmao
brand new pro v... sadly it was pretty beat up at the end of the day compared to the ladies ball

bought a box of Bridgestone B330S only played 9 during my playing lesson today so i hit some extra shots with it. Its a nice ball not as much spin around the greens as the Pentas i have been playing but may be a little bit longer off the tee. prob won't knock off my Pentas since they are still cheaper now with the buy 2 get one free deal they have had running. But a decent golf ball. prob play these till i lose em all since my 3 boxes of custom # pentas are on backorder now anyway.

Srixon z-star x. Then tried Callaway tour i(s) and Nike 20XI - s. Srixon is a great all-around ball. Callway felt nice. Nike = WOW! boring trajectory and the ball stopped on a dime when chipped. Possible new gamer. May try the 20-xi -x next round and see how it compares to the s.

Bridgestone e6 for me. Generally very happy with the round. Really think this ball helps my game.

Did lose two balls but were both really weird and should have been able to be found. Just unlucky.

Will be giving them another crack this weekend.

Went away from the Nike 20X1 black and put the 20X1 spin in play today.

Distance was good but not as long as the distance. At least off the driver. My irons were right on par.
Spin was over the top, this ball stopped with in a foot of it's mark with everything from a 6 to SW. It's counter part released more off the irons. Chipping was a joy today, darts comes to mind.
Ball flight was higher than the Distance
Putting was very nice, the ball felt great coming off the face.
On a scale of 1-5, 5 being the highest I give the ball a 4.5 on the all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd give the performance a 4/5, but I just couldn't get past the feeling of the ball feeling like a rock.

yesterday started with a srixon softfeel that found the deep rough and was never seen again
then a srixon z-urs that hooked off the planet... i think its somewhere near the driving range
then finished the round off with a taylormade tp black ldp or something... it lasted 2 holes on the front and all 9 on the back

My last round was played with a Callaway Tour i (s). Normally I play the ProV1x and found the Callaway had great feel but was a little short distance-wise. I also like the B-330S, but unlike some of you, I don't think they're as durable as the Titleists.

I've also tried and liked the Srixon Z-Stars and the Pentas but keep coming back to the ProV1x.

I picked up a sleeve of Pentas today and played 9 holes with one. I really liked the ball, great flight for me off of the driver. Chipping was nice with it too, good action. I just switched from a VR STR8 pro to a Burner 2.0 so I dont know if the distance gained was ball, (over 330-rxs) or if it was the new driver. Either way it was a nice day on the course.

played a titleist dt wound 90 and it lasted about 14 holes... i didnt like that ball at all but it refused to be lost until i topped it into the water on a short par3
finished the round with a titleist dtsolo... i like this ball much better and got me a birdie and a chip in

Vision X3, will leave my thoughts in the testing thread though

gamed another prov1 yesterday. found a callaway i(z) in the rough on the 8th hole. i'll try it out tomorrow

Srixon! z star x - 2010 model !!!!! BEST BALL FOR THE MONEY (imo).

B'stone 330 RX. I had previously tried the RXS but it wasn't good for me off the tee. The RX was WAY worse than I thought it would be, did nothing to cut the side wind and blew all over the place. I essentially went head to head with last year's E5 playing it on the back 9 (RX front obviously), the E5 was better in the wind (and it was windier on the back), just as long if not longer off the tee (I'm around 95 driver SS), and had essentially the same stopping power on the greens, for sure no worse. Shoulda bought a sleeve not a dozen RX, oh well I'll use em on calm days. Or when I really want to bend around a dogleg LOL. I can still get last year's E5 at 24 for $39 at golftown, may just stock up big.

Gamed a TM Penta again in League tonight...I love this ball more and more every time I play it.

1 ball for all 9 holes! I think that may be a record for me!

Nice war eagle!! Me too!!

I'm used to the Bridgestone e7, which is a bit more harsh than the Penta. I love the Penta for putting, and I think there's a bit more action around the greens as well.

Seems like I'm hooked for the time being. High end balls are excellent.

Nice war eagle!! Me too!!

I'm used to the Bridgestone e7, which is a bit more harsh than the Penta. I love the Penta for putting, and I think there's a bit more action around the greens as well.

Seems like I'm hooked for the time being. High end balls are excellent.

Ditto. Feels GREAT off the putter. I have always struggled with getting a ball to check up on the green, but with the Penta I am getting some excellent spin and able to get them to stop when I need them to.

Nike One Vapor Speed. I bought them cheap for $12 a dozen on Rock Bottom. Tonight was the first time out with them and shot a 42, second best nine score ever. I love the way the ball flied, had good distance and also putted well. Not spinny on the greens like a Z star, but still stopped fairly quickly. Best $36 for 3 dozen I have ever spent. I probably need to stock up as I assume they are discontinued. What ball did Nike replace them with?

Been gaming the Penta for about a year now and must say it is by far my favorite ball, and I tried a lot before settling on this one. I am loving it more and more as I continue to use it. It has helped improve my short game because I know exactly how it is going to respond around the greens, and for the first time in my life my irons are spinning back on my short irons and I'm not even really trying. It is not spinning too much like the proV1 does, but it does spin better than the proV1x, because I could never get those to back up. The Penta is also extremely durable, I use a single ball for a full 18 holes sometimes and it is still in pretty good shape. I hear they are working on another Penta so I am extremely excited to try it out when they release it.

Lost my B330 off the tee but found a ProV1x while looking for it. Played the rest of the 9 with that. I can't say I felt a difference but I heard a difference off the tee and it wasn't bad.

played 9 holes against myself today using 2 different balls. bridgestone b330 s and a prov1
Finished 2 over with the bridgestone and 3 over with the prov.

happy with the results of both 330 slightly longer prov a touch softer in my oppinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back