Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is hilarious coming from a Floridian. We hate your kind on our roads around here.

Yeah most of us drive like crap but I noticed from traversing the country that if you're not a local you are automatically assumed that you drive like crap. When I moved here from Jersey they all assumed that I drive way too aggressive, now the opposite is happening.

We love the tourism industry. You guys are always welcome to come to the sunshine. We don't hate... we welcome you with open arms. Just make sure you bring cash.

Fine Spank, I didn't want to leave the compound to meet up with you when my wife and I come down this year anyways, sheesh :D

P.S.: I hurt like hell from the 54 holes yesterday, getting older sucks.

Hey I have a car, I can get around. I drive safer because I don't have that "I can do whatever I want with this car because I paid extra money for the insurance" rental car. :D

You better take it easy old man. You know what they say... It ain't easy being green.

Its 130am MST and I agree, hate tourists. Actually just the snowbirds that come over and can't drive. I'm trying to shoot a video and they're driving like aholes.

Hey I have a car, I can get around. I drive safer because I don't have that "I can do whatever I want with this car because I paid extra money for the insurance" rental car. :D

You better take it easy old man. You know what they say... It ain't easy being green.

Haha, that is the truth, that insurance form makes em think they're bulletproof in their subcompacts.

Me, I'd rather not die, that's the way I alway look at it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, that is the truth, that insurance form makes em think they're bulletproof in their subcompacts.

Me, I'd rather not die, that's the way I alway look at it haha

Well I'll be dealing with them and the sea of Dodge Caravans and Calibers on I-4 tomorrow morning. Can't wait.

Well I'll be dealing with them and the sea of Dodge Caravans and Calibers on I-4 tomorrow morning. Can't wait.

Spank take 417 to 535 and avoid the masses in that area. But it will be early enough that it won't matter, 528 will be just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and you have no trees to hide under out there either buddy..... :(
You're kidding about the trees I hope! Plenty of trees here!

FLAT TIRES! Got one on the way home last night, around 11:30pm. Managed to make it home but the damn lug nuts were put on with an air gun and were WAY too tight. Had to call AAA who had to bash the lug wrench with a mallet just to break them free. Thankfully it was a small nail that caused the flat, so I'm hoping someone can patch it up rather than having to get an entire new tire.
Go to Walmart or Target and get a Tire Repair Kit. They are cheaper than having someone else do it and they last forever (come with around 5 plugs or so). Then take the tire up to get air.

tee sheet is absolutely ridiculous tomorrow... full packed
it was a heat index of 120 today and nobody was on the course
just sat in the proshop all day watching tv and enjoying the ac
tomorrow im working outside... thanks

tee sheet is absolutely ridiculous tomorrow... full packed
it was a heat index of 120 today and nobody was on the course
just sat in the proshop all day watching tv and enjoying the ac
tomorrow im working outside... thanks

I noticed that they start dropping like flies at around 100. Hope you guys have a portable defibrillator.

I noticed that they start dropping like flies at around 100. Hope you guys have a portable defibrillator.

its supposed to "cool" down tomorrow... like 95 hahaha
the beer car chick is a looker so if they dont buy stuff from her im sure someone will need the defib at some point in the day

its supposed to "cool" down tomorrow... like 95 hahaha
the beer car chick is a looker so if they dont buy stuff from her im sure someone will need the defib at some point in the day

Or they bat from the other side of the plate and like to drink wine spritzers. :D

they can be accommodated... we have a pretty good selection at the turn hahaha
not that there's anything wrong with that

applebees 2 for $20 sure didnt cost $20... it was $32 before the $5 tip lol... i suck at math but that doesnt seem right to me

It's still hot. Almost 100 again today. HI a lot higher. This was supposed to be the coolest day in over a week, but it was more like average in the same time. We're supposed to be 90* and 98 HI on Friday. About same as today the rest of the week til then. I know we have a golfing weather thread, but this is just a weather rant.

It's still hot. Almost 100 again today. HI a lot higher. This was supposed to be the coolest day in over a week, but it was more like average in the same time. We're supposed to be 90* and 98 HI on Friday. About same as today the rest of the week til then. I know we have a golfing weather thread, but this is just a weather rant.

High reached 76* here today. Hope it stays that way, I have golf tournaments this week! :D

applebees 2 for $20 sure didnt cost $20... it was $32 before the $5 tip lol... i suck at math but that doesnt seem right to me

haha. I said the same thing! $20 ok, but they got all those delicious drinks as well. Plus tip you're def looking at $30+.
Oh and they got that strawberry cheesecake shooter for like $2. How you gonna say no to that?

of course not! see the fine print....lol

I played Sunday when the temperature was 106 with a "feels like" temp of 112. I played 14 holes and couldn't take it any more. I don't know if it's my job (it's 35 where I work) or my age (50) but I just couldn't stand it any longer. When I got in my car to leave the temp on the dashboard read 122.............

My wife got an email from her boss overnight, telling her that the funding for her position (non-profit government organization) was cut and she will not have a job as of September 30th. Really? You email that to someone overnight? Not to mention she just hired 2 consultants making $35 an hour. I am kinda glad because he boss is a dirtbag but I guess that means alot less golf for me and possibly missing the outing now. I know everything happens for a reason but this is such a shock. We also just went to look at a house last night that we were going to buy so I guess that's not happening now either. I just feel like the room is closing in on me but I am trying to be strong for her because she is upset.

That sucks Dev, good luck.

My carry bag strap decide to tear on the 4th hole today, scratching half my clubs on the cart path. I did get offered a Tm Rescue 11 for 90 bucks though, to bad I am broke.

My wife got an email from her boss overnight, telling her that the funding for her position (non-profit government organization) was cut and she will not have a job as of September 30th. Really? You email that to someone overnight? Not to mention she just hired 2 consultants making $35 an hour. I am kinda glad because he boss is a dirtbag but I guess that means alot less golf for me and possibly missing the outing now. I know everything happens for a reason but this is such a shock. We also just went to look at a house last night that we were going to buy so I guess that's not happening now either. I just feel like the room is closing in on me but I am trying to be strong for her because she is upset.

Oh DR - so sorry to hear about all of this!! Stay strong indeed. My thoughts are with you. Hopefully your wife will be able to find another position rather soon and you won't have to stress too much about any of it. I can't believe the boss did it over EMAIL!

Not really a rant..but.... I'll never complain about my job again after watching 'The Hurt Locker' last night. Whoa

Oh DR - so sorry to hear about all of this!! Stay strong indeed. My thoughts are with you. Hopefully your wife will be able to find another position rather soon and you won't have to stress too much about any of it. I can't believe the boss did it over EMAIL!

Pretty classy eh? Still hasnt said a word to her today either. Thanks for your kind words. It will be a struggle but I am sure we will be fine.

Pretty classy eh? Still hasnt said a word to her today either. Thanks for your kind words. It will be a struggle but I am sure we will be fine.

so I am guessing the 2 people she hired just got canned as well?

Sounds like she's better off (in the long run of course)..

Give me a shout if you need to vent dude... Or tell me to get on XBL haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back