Forum Testing Signup - Blind Golf Ball Testing

Alright, I've waited long enough, it's time to enter this bad boy!!

1. What golf ball do your currently play? :bridgestone: e7 -and- :taylormade: Penta TP
2. What is your handicap? - GHIN 6.0
3. What is your driver swing speed? - In the realm of 110.
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? - Greenside feel, quality cover that doesn't wear out before a round is completed, reduced sidespin
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? - I would likely take these for a couple weeks onto the putting/chipping area of my course, which I spend at least 2-3 nights a week practicing on, comparing them to my current gamers noted above. I would then move on to course related testing to see distance variables and spin variables. My activity on THP is substantial, and I can say that with confidence.

Thank you for the opportunity :thp: and ??????????? company!!

Could be. The Burner Tour test, each golfer knew the brand. This one nobody will know anything.

Damn, there goes the Titleist ProV2s.

I'm really hoping to get picked for this. I've got a great (well I think it's great :D) idea for testing I'd really like to try out. :fingers-crossed:

If not I'll probably just pass it on to someone else anyway. :drinks:

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Bridgestone E5(2010) or Taylormade Penta
2. What is your handicap? 14.8
3. What is your driver swing speed? 104-106
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Serious spin from 100 yds in; low spin from the driver.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Activity level on THP: I will post after every round or practice session. I read the posts here most every night/day.
Testing: I look forward to hitting shots from 100, 75, 50, and 10 yds. I tend to be a punch runner vs a typical chipper. I look forward to comparing my current ball response with the mystery ball. Full shots with PW-6 iron will be a good comparison as well. As for the Driver & long irons, it is mostly about placement and response from the tee box. I have marked out clubs/distances for my current set up; which makes for an easy comparison.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Wilson Staff Fifty Elite Balls as well as W/S D-25 balls

2. What is your handicap? 30

3. What is your driver swing speed? Around 90

4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Good distance of the tee and nice spin around the green as well as being able to work it left and right a bit. But it also has to look like it can do all those things, aesthetic appeal is an important factor of confidence for me.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Though I have only joined THP recently I have been reading threads and reviews for quite some time and I enjoy contributing when I feel my input will be useful. I live about a 3 minute walk from my local golf course where I am a member, so immediate reviews would not be a problem. My review process would consist of firstly separating 3 or 4 balls to use exclusively for practice; putting, chipping (inc: flop shots, bump and runs and any other shots that come to mind.) as well as shots from around 80-120 yards out. From there I would use the remaining balls as match balls only. I would review look, sound, work-a-bility, spin, distance as well as everything else that goes with a golf ball. I would not do a straight comparison with my current ball until my last round, as I feel that that would detract from testing the merits of the unmarked ball. I would also give 1 ball to a friend for one the last rounds so as to get direct and honest feed back from some one who hasn't played that type of ball against myself having played numerous rounds with it and do a comparison between the two reports. Lastly I would do a final review and summation of all my thoughts from my first round to my last.

Thank you THP and unnamed company for this opportunity!

1. What golf ball do your currently play?
Bridgstone B 330 S

2. What is your handicap?

3. What is your driver swing speed?

4. What do you look for in a golf ball?
I like my golf ball to have a nice soft cover, be relatively durable, long and compress well. I like feel around the greens and a good feel off the driver face. Also workability is also a factor as I enjopy shaping my shots.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I play golf at least twice a week and go to the practice range at least twice. I have a practice putting set up at home where I like to practice my putting. I will test the balls in a variety of different conditions i.e. different lies and ground conditions. I will make sure I test every aspect from putting to long game. Regular updates will be made after each practice session- usually as it happens due to my use of my android phone and tablet and tapatalk (whoever invented that is a genius :p). I will ensure I am honest in giving my oppinion and tell it like it is. As for my activity I am aiming to continue becoming more involved with forum discussion and just generally getting stuck in!

Thanks for the opportunity THP!

Damn, there goes the Titleist ProV2s.

I dont know what you mean? If nobody knows anything about brand, ball, or anything else, it could be any ball really.

I cannot tell you how excited I am about this testing.

Oh boy... I'm excited too JB. It seems as if there are a bunch of people excited about this! This is a great opportunity. I'm happy this is getting quite the response!! GO THPer's GO!

I love it when JB says things like this! I loved following the last blind test and i expect this one will be just as awesome!

I bet. There's no better way to get honest opinion, good and bad, then the blind test.

When people know who it is, and often feel privileged to be part of the testing, I think they are often apt to not be overly negative on a review.
It's not just a "golf" or THP thing, it happens all the time on the tech sites (which is my professional industry).

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Callaway Tour i(s)
2. What is your handicap? 11
3. What is your driver swing speed? 98
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? good distance, and solid feel around the greens. I like a softer ball when putting
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 3+ times a week and I am a very active member on the forum. I spent a good portion of every day on the site.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Titleist ProV1 or Titleist NXT Tour
2. What is your handicap? 7
3. What is your driver swing speed? 125
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Maintain distance off of the tee while still providing a soft feel with my irons and wedges
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm playing a few times a week right now. My plan would be to play the same course at least twice; using my Titleist ProV1/NXT Tour balls on the front, and then the test balls on the back. I've been pretty consistent with my scoring this summer, so both rounds should be fairly comparable; which will allow me to see the way the balls I currently play vs. the test balls. I figure playing a few times will allow me to get a better feel for the test balls, and thus give more detail on the feedback.

I dont know what you mean? If nobody knows anything about brand, ball, or anything else, it could be any ball really.

More of a joke, but in that case...

:joy:

Another fantastic opportunity !!

1. What golf ball do your currently play? TM Penta TP
2. What is your handicap? 5.0ghin
3. What is your driver swing speed? 107mph
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Feel, spin
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I play at least 2 rounds per week and would put the Pentas away for the duration of the test.
I am very active on THP and really enjoy the testing and posting of reviews.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Callaway ix
2. What is your handicap?23
3. What is your driver swing speed?92
4. What do you look for in a golf ball?soft touch on short game
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? play at least weekly if not 2 times a week. . New to THP but love the place

I cannot wait until this starts. I think my favorite testing thread so far was the TM Blind Ball testing. I felt so special on the course with unmarked balls. Then to find out it was a cheaper ball was incredible. Still play it to this day

To be playing a ball and not know who it's made by would be great reviewing!! I was once bias towards certain equipment. However, THP you have opened my eyes and helped my game! I can't wait for this to start.

Over a day since the last post. Where's the excitement people?! Ball testing just isn't as popular as club testing these days, haha. I love it though, can't wait to get in on it!

Over a day since the last post. Where's the excitement people?! Ball testing just isn't as popular as club testing these days, haha. I love it though, can't wait to get in on it!

I didn't throw my name in because I was so lucky o get selected to test the VR Pro Combos and I had to take a forced hiatus for a little bit. But people should be jumping on this. I haven't seen a blind ball test since I've been a member and I can't wait to see the testers thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't throw my name in because I was so lucky o get selected to test the VR Pro Combos and I had to take a forced hiatus for a little bit. But people should be jumping on this. I haven't seen a blind ball test since I've been a member and I can't wait to see the testers thoughts.

Agreeed I've never seen a blind testing so even if not chosen I'm excited for those who are. I just want to know the company more than anything!

When will the reviewers be chosen? This is a great opportunity and I think would be so much fun playing a ball not knowing what to expect and trying to figure out what it is as you play. Would love to do this and excited for the chance to do this.

When will the reviewers be chosen? This is a great opportunity and I think would be so much fun playing a ball not knowing what to expect and trying to figure out what it is as you play. Would love to do this and excited for the chance to do this.

Patience is a virtue grasshopper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It gets more exciting every day!! Can't wait to start seeing the reviews. BLIND TESTING.... MMMMMMMMMMMM...... AHHHHHHHHHHH........ OoooooHhhhhhhhhh....

I left the young out intentionally because who am I to know if you're young or old? :D

That said, back to your regularly scheduled program.

Okay I know I'm an idiot but what does "FIFY" mean?

Back