Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hole #18 par 5, you need a good drive because your 2nd shot is all carry over water. I snap hooked my drive which left me 230 carry over water, decided to hit a SW and layup short of the water. That left me 177 to the center of green, Hit a nice 5 iron pin high and 6 left but missed the bird. That 5 iron shot was sweet to watch.

Final full shot (not putting), in the dark. We were really trying to get that last hole in. At tee off, you could see the first full second of ball flight, so you at least knew the direction it went. Last shot, 87 yards, hit it, couldn't see it at all, but heard it hit the green. I was 3 feet from the pin.

I guess I aim better when I can't see anything.

Either the 220 hybrid to 5 feet, or the same 5 footer that broke 9 inches for Eagle.

second shot on a par 5, 5i out of the rough from 180. Put it 25 feet from the hole. Missed eagle by 1/2 a revolution.

I had alot of really good shots on Sunday but my most memorable came on the Par 5 515 yard 16th hole. I hit a good drive about 245yds leaving me with a blind shot/downhill to the hole. I hit a 5 wood and just absolutley crushed it. The ball looked like it carried forever. As we drove up over the hill I saw my ball sitting on the fringe ontop of the elevated green. My playing partner said he said it rolled from the fairway and up the elevated green. I measure the shot to be like 260...(that's insane for me with a 5 wood).

60 yard PW to 2 feet for an easy tap in par. Guy in my group holed out from 80 yards so that was cool.

After a good drive, hit my 9 iron 5 yards (out of an old divot), then hit a pw to 6 inches, made the par putt.

Hit a 3hyb into a slight wind to a back right pin and landed the ball less than 3 feet from the cup and had a 5-6 ft putt for birdy from around 180 yards. Left the birdie a little short.

Then later I hit a 9 iron right over the pin to about 3 feet behind the cup - I made that putt (for triple bogey, haha - OB off the tee, 4th shot fat into marsh, it was my 6th shot to 3 feet... was that kind of day)

Played in a scramble today and chipped in for an eagle on a par 5, we tied for 3rd.

on the front 9 it musta been my 10ft drive that reached the front of the teebox... yup the front was brutal
on the back 9 i hit a ridiculous 3h that shoulda got on in 2 but hit the front of the green went right past the hole and ended up on the back

Chipped in for birdie on the opening hole, par 3.

I managed to hit a full LW 2 centimeters...backwards.

Hit a 4 iron to an uphill 208 yd par 3 within 10 ft. Other than that, not too great today, very average today.

had a great 15 ft par putt that looked like it was remote controlled right into the hole

Played in a scramble today and chipped in for an eagle on a par 5, we tied for 3rd.

That's gotta be such a good feeling. It must not have been a far chip which means you almost drove the green too.

Beautiful 30 yard holeout from off the green on a 295 par 4 where I took a pitching wedge and let it release out and it when in perfectly. even better was that it put me at a 79 for the round today!

168 yard par 3 downhill, took a 9 iron to about 6 feet behind the hole, rolled back and stopped just inches from dropping in. I thought it would be the first hole-in-one of my golfing career. Next day played a 3 wood off a 580 yard straight par 5, once again all downhill and it was hit flush, it measured out to be a 312 yard drive ended up with birdie on that hole.

Short par 4 (only 275 to the middle of the green). Flew it right on line with the pin and landed it on the green about 12 ft short of the hole. Too bad I missed the eagle put!

Uh...before I went to England I had a downhill 175 shot to a pin on 18 located in a pretty thin part of the green. Took 7 Iron and I hit a beautiful little draw. The ball landed a little harder then I wanted it too. It rolled bout 3 ft. before lipping out of the cup and ended up 6 in. next to the flag. What was funny was someone in the group (he was bad and was just impressed by me all day) said on the 18th tee and I quote, 'Time for an Eagle Jonathan.' I laughed and hit a spectacular drive and almost holed out. I laughed when he told me 'Told ya.' When we were walking to the green.

I think that was the best round I ever played and I shot like 77.

Hit an LW from 71 yards on the 18th hole to within a foot. Tap in bird!

hit a pw that bounced off the roof of the cart my d-bag playing partner was sitting in
he drove to his ball and his cart was right in the way
well instead of moving he just waves me thru... missed him by that much j/k
at least i yelled fore

yesterday was brutal. we need rain here and the course was so hard. i played 9. my best tee shot of the day came on 8 (in terms of distance) was just to the left of the fairway, but unfortunately the rough downslopes into the trees, and with the rough hard as a rock, it hit off the slope and bounced OB.

after my drop, which took an awful roll right behind a huge tree about 125 out...i took an 8 iron and smoked it right through the tree and landed onto the green. i was going to play it out, but i'm a hacker so that's not my style ;) unfortunately my putting, which is usually solid, was awful yesterday, so i took a 6 instead of a 5 (or a 4, if i didn't get that awful bounce on the tee shot.)

Last edited:
On #6 a fifteen foot birdie putt on a two tiered green that I drained :clap:. And my second shot on #9. Hit an alright drive into the left rough behind some trees, left me about 160 yards out. To my right, a small tree that was partially in my line and to my left another taller tree that was also partially in my line. I stepped up to my ball and crushed it over a creek and on to the green leaving about a 20 foot birdie putt.

I technically had 3 in one hole. 520ish yard par 5. Driver off the tee small cut rolls to about 280, 237 left to the pin, hit a 4 iron on a rope, lands short of the green, rolls up about 4 inches onto the green, 15ft putt 1 foot of left to right break barely uphill, HEART OF THE CUP EAGLE!

3rd eagle of the year, oh so SO GOOD! Should have won a gross and net skin in league tonight, won't know for sure until tomorrow...

Probably the 198 Par 3 tee shot that left me about 6 feet for birdie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back