scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
Well, I have a set arriving hopefully tomorrow! They look pretty good and seem like they might be what might finally work for me...I hope! Anyone try them yet?

A set arrived yesterday for our review. We should have one up by next week.

Cool. Hopefully I cna do my mini review before then. I hate waiting!

We would love that.

I hit them when I was getting new irons, and they feel pretty soft, and have a nice ball flight, but personally I didn't like them. They had too thick of a top line for me, and too much offset. But again that's just me, and I love blades. But I much prefer the Idea Pro and Pro Gold.

Well, they friggin didn't come today either! Shipped on Monday via regular USPS. Dang!
Appreciate the comment 907. I love blades, but simply am not good enough for long iron blades, so I keep searching for a compromise. How was/is the offset in the short irons, not nearly as much, right?

Well, they friggin didn't come today either! Shipped on Monday via regular USPS. Dang!
Appreciate the comment 907. I love blades, but simply am not good enough for long iron blades, so I keep searching for a compromise. How was/is the offset in the short irons, not nearly as much, right?

It's not bad in the short irons, but it's still more then the Idea Pro or Idea Pro Golds

Did they come yet?

nada. Regular parcel post, argh.

I would love you to do a review on them.

Got them! Look great! Actually the short irons remind me size wise to my MP57's (currently up for sale). The long irons, the cavity sticks out the back, but that doesn't bother me. Gonna go hit them on the range...42* and spriklining rain, but gotta try them!
What sort of review JB, right here?

Just hit 45 balls with them, only three were flubbers or chili peppers:>)
I don't want to go too in-depth and sway anyone (if someone is considering them) either way at this point, but here are a few comments...
I truly think these just look sharp, as well as the hybrids. I love the finish they have happening. Again, I compared just PW with my MP57, seemingly similar in size.
They are light, these have SL stiffs, I would prefer a notch or two heavier swingweight, but latley been playing a set of S59's with a lower swing wieght and not really caring, so the weight won't be an issue with me.

I read elsewhere people saying these weren't workable...well if you're a scratch player or such, then I doubt you'd be looking at these anyways...I've been playing blades and musclebacks all this year trying to groove my swing...lately I have realized I need something more forgiving most of the time.

Setup nice enough for me. I do wish they didn't have such strong lofts, but it doesn't really matter to me as I do play a gap wedge, so I'll just use it more.

It was cold and windy at the range, very cold so take it with a grain of salt...Shots went straight and the distance was accurate. I noticed I wasn't spraying like usual!
Feel was crisp, not butter like mizuno. but reminds me of Titleist, maybe not quite as clickly or soft on pure contact. One thing, I tend to hit shots fat (my biggest area to work on in striking) and I did today. Nice thing, I wasn't punished like usual! Whoo hoo! Just lost distance and not too bad...meaning as my normal mishits and fatties...I would be scrambling on the next shot, not with these. I do like the actual flight of the entire set...nice and high and no balloons. The hybrids really had that cool tour-like trajectory I see better players getting, steady climb...peak...carry...and the descending hang was seemingly extended.

Hybrids, I have only played their tour proto in way too stiff of shaft, so can't compare there. Hybrids are great. These Javlin shafts seem smooth, nice and "tight" if that is a golf term? I just loved the flight on the hybrids. I was hitting the 3 hybrid nearly as long as my other 17* hybrid, but better flight and less margin of target.

I think after a few rounds and some range time these will be my #1 set and I won't be looking for awhile. I want accuracy and not to have to have my top swing each and every shot...I want lower scores. If these first few balls are any indicator I can easily see me shaving 4-8 strokes off my usual low 90's.

I wanted a player's like appearance, but mucho forgiving. The long irons do hang out in back, but that doesn't bother me. I just hate looking at the top and sole lines and thinking, geez these things are huge and the A$'s don't give me that feeling. I feel like I'm still hitting those other musclebacks in appearance.

I liked being able to actually hit a 7 iron 150 yards today (strong lofts), and not having to worry if a other 7 would get me there, even with a pure swing.

I haven't did any chipping, etc yet, so the short irons review for that will have to hold off.

All in all, staying in my bag for now. Any ?'s, I can try to give details as you might need.

Great mini review Scooter.

Played 9, well 18 since I was playing 2-3 balls as no one was on the course in this freezing weather. Took a wee bit to adjust to the light weight, but man, I love these!

Back