Titleist TSR Drivers

It's so helpful in figuring out strengths and weaknesses. Some of it's obvious but some is definitely not without the data.
Yeah I think I got overwhelmed with it all previously. And doing the editing.

Can't I just have something absolutely perfect that tracks everything including putts and does everything for me and then creates reports, sends them to my coach and puts a printed copy right on my desk each week? Is that too much to ask for? 😳🤣

IMG_6131.pngIMG_6130.pngMy strokes gained off the tee for my last 10 rounds of the year compared to a 5 and 0 index, according to Shotscope. This pretty much correlates to when I began using my current setup with the TSR3.

Got a call from my fitting shop and the new shaft I ordered for the TSR2 is in! Pretty excited to see the difference between the HZRDUS Black I played this year and the AD-DI for me on a long-term basis.

Finally got a chance to get on another range session yesterday. Hunting season has interrupted golf for a short time. Still absolutely loving the TSR2 driver. Amazed at how the Hrzdus red shaft is working.

Got a call from my fitting shop and the new shaft I ordered for the TSR2 is in! Pretty excited to see the difference between the HZRDUS Black I played this year and the AD-DI for me on a long-term basis.
Yeah, those are two very different shafts.

I was eager to my TSr3...and now, I've switched to "I need it now"...I might even try the Diamana PD 70 in it. I've already given that shaft a go in the TSi3 and liked it enough but the TB is just about perfect.

Yeah, those are two very different shafts.
The swing has evolved a bit since I was fit into the HZRDUS. Might actually have some of that tempo stuff now 😂

Last thing on my mind when I went to Club Champion was a new driver. Shaft maybe but not a driver. I leave there with my mind somewhat blown. Never dream that I would like something better than my Aerojet or Paradym drivers. The TSR2 is just that good. Nailed it in both sound and feel.

Last thing on my mind when I went to Club Champion was a new driver. Shaft maybe but not a driver. I leave there with my mind somewhat blown. Never dream that I would like something better than my Aerojet or Paradym drivers. The TSR2 is just that good. Nailed it in both sound and feel.
It really is!

TSR2 with Ventus Red 5-S.

Played a simulator round today at Shadow Creek. Average driver was 264yds and hit 10 of 14 fairways. My buddy: "I mean, I guess if you like it high and straight..." Lol, yes!
During warm-up I worked on my set-up as I was hitting outer third and getting a high fade. Once I started putting the ball in the middle by hitting the TSR label mark...game on!

My carry was great at around 248yds but peak height is up at 115-120 and 45* descent. I may turn it down 0.5* to try and add a bit more roll with slightly lower peak. For a low-ball hitter this is a crazy (good) new experience.

Last edited:
The TSR 2 driver really is that good. I've struggled badly with control with a driver since coming back to the game after a couple years off, and have pretty much avoided using my old driver altogether. Since buying the TSR2, it's nice to step up to the tee and have some confidence with the driver again.

Played another round today with the TSR2 driver. Hit 9 of 11 fairways 2 misses were closed face pulls thru fairway. Could have been aim a little as well. Spent some time on range before round. Trying to find a reason to play the Ventus Red TR instead of the Hzrdus red CB. Stil can’t find that reason. The TSR2 and the Hzrdus red are a perfect match me.

Today I ran through some different shafts. The one I'm gaming is a Tensei Blue. I had both the TSR3 and TSR4 heads.
I couldn't find a better over all combination. But another thing happened. The run off between the 3 and 4 was almost a dead heat. I honestly am not sure which one I like better.
My buddy, who is under contract with TaylorMade, had to admit how good the the TSR heads are. If it wasn't for the money he would be playing a TSR.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Today I ran through some different shafts. The one I'm gaming is a Tensei Blue. I had both the TSR3 and TSR4 heads.
I couldn't find a better over all combination. But another thing happened. The run off between the 3 and 4 was almost a dead heat. I honestly am not sure which one I like better.
My buddy, who is under contract with TaylorMade, had to admit how good the the TSR heads are. If it wasn't for the money he would be playing a TSR.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I know a good deal of this is the shaft too, but the TSR heads are very smooth. They sound nice and just feel really good to hit. I have the Tensei Blue w/Xlink in mine which itself is a very smooth shaft.....the combo is just great

I hit TSR2's for about 25 mins in the bay yesterday next to my ZX woods from Srixon.

I don't think i hit the TSR2 longer than the Srixon ZX5, but i did have less dispersion which just could've been a coincidence. I have a 75g in my TSR2 and a 60 in my Srixon. So many the extra SW helps me control wise.

The TSR2+ is 13 degrees vs my ZX 15 degree. I was hitting a good 10-12 yards longer.

most important though was every switch, the TSR2 combos just felt nicer to hit

I’m still loving the TSR2. Been a great driving year with this in the bag.

The TSR2 is a straight machine.

I know a good deal of this is the shaft too, but the TSR heads are very smooth. They sound nice and just feel really good to hit. I have the Tensei Blue w/Xlink in mine which itself is a very smooth shaft.....the combo is just great

I hit TSR2's for about 25 mins in the bay yesterday next to my ZX woods from Srixon.

I don't think i hit the TSR2 longer than the Srixon ZX5, but i did have less dispersion which just could've been a coincidence. I have a 75g in my TSR2 and a 60 in my Srixon. So many the extra SW helps me control wise.

The TSR2+ is 13 degrees vs my ZX 15 degree. I was hitting a good 10-12 yards longer.

most important though was every switch, the TSR2 combos just felt nicer to hit
That 2+ has always intrigued me.

That 2+ has always intrigued me.

I honestly had never seen it before buying it. But it's nice....it's a slightly larger head but not offensively big or anything. Kind of a classic titleist head but maybe a bit longer front to back than a pro style head. Face is consistent with the head, i would say it's deepish but not overly so.

For a larger head it doesn't seem to tower off the ground and make the ball look tiny, like the old Ping Rapture did for example

Overall, i think they really nailed it as a playable club you can use off the tee a lot

i’ve had this driver in the bag over a year. and i have zero desire to switch it out. it’s just too freaking good. sound. feel. distance. i struggle to find a reason to look elsewhere.

Hit the TSR2 very well again on Thursday. Couple times trying to swing hard I left it a little open resulting in a ball heading right. 8 is a 484 yd par 4 playing uphill. Not what I would consider in my wheel house. Driver leaves me 205 from a center pin. Take 4 wood with nice controlled swing and put ball about 15 feet behind hole. Tester of a downhill putt to inside a foot easy par on a beast of a hole. I’ve never been more confident in any driver I’ve owned.

Finally got my TSr3 out today... Started out rough but settled in quite nicely. Only one round in so I can't decide if it's going to be any better than the TSi3 but Titleist has taken over the top of the bag... I'd like to I see if one of their hybrids can bump the H65...

Tonight, I hit my TSR3 driver on TrackMan with the AutoFlex shaft, a Mitsubishi CK Pro White 50 S and a Graphite Design Tour AD XC 6 S. The club speed and ball speeds were highest with the AutoFlex. I would say that on average, the ball speed was higher by around 3 mph. This would be consistent with what I saw out on the course, around 5 to 7 more yards with the AutoFlex. The dispersion was every bit as good with the AutoFlex as the other two shafts. The one downside is that every once in a while, the AutoFlex would spin up more than the other two shafts. I never felt that the AutoFlex was a spinny shaft out on the course, but it was worth noting this evening.

Picked up a TSR2 10* with Hazrdous Red CB shaft earlier this week. Playing 10.75*.
We tried off at 110:00 this morning @43 degrees. Definitely longer than my old ping G425 max, forgiveness across the face is great. Only thing I would say is high face is not great but not terrible either. I don't have a fast swing speed (88-91 consistent) and hit some longish drives for me today in the cold. So really looking forward to warmer weather and what it will do. Did manage 13/14 fairways.

Back