Shot Scope X5 Watch

The only issues I had was when I made some practice swings with my driver at a green before walking to the next tee box.
Don't forget, you can "Pause" the round at any time so you can do take those practice swings away from the tee, or practice chip shots, whatever. You just have to remember to "Resume" the round when you get back to actually playing.

I have an X5 on order and am anxious to try it vs. my Arccos which I've been using for years. Quick question (I haven't read all 165 pages yet - phew) - how do you manage two sets of clubs? I keep a set at each course.

I have an X5 on order and am anxious to try it vs. my Arccos which I've been using for years. Quick question (I haven't read all 165 pages yet - phew) - how do you manage two sets of clubs? I keep a set at each course.
Buy another set of tags, install them in the other clubs and add them to your bag in the Shot Scope account.

You'll have to switch out which clubs are in your bag when you switch between sets. ShotScope doesn't distinguish between tags of the same type. So if it detects a shot with a 7I tag, for example, it only knows which club was actually used by looking up which club in your bag is associated with a 7I tag. The club doesn't even have to be a 7-iron.

There is only a single bag, which has tagged clubs in it.
You can't have two clubs in the bag that both have the same type of tag, because ShotScope can't tell them apart.
Currently, you must remove clubs from your bag, and add clubs to your bag, one at a time.

It would be a nice improvement to support multiple bags, and allow choosing which one is the active bag.

You'll have to switch out which clubs are in your bag when you switch between sets. ShotScope doesn't distinguish between tags of the same type. So if it detects a shot with a 7I tag, for example, it only knows which club was actually used by looking up which club in your bag is associated with a 7I tag. The club doesn't even have to be a 7-iron.

There is only a single bag, which has tagged clubs in it.
You can't have two clubs in the bag that both have the same type of tag, because ShotScope can't tell them apart.
Currently, you must remove clubs from your bag, and add clubs to your bag, one at a time.

It would be a nice improvement to support multiple bags, and allow choosing which one is the active bag.
To add on if your just rotating drivers or something like that you can use the X1 tag or something like that so you don't have to take it in and out of use as mentioned above.

Assume those were just a couple of quick deletes in post round editing. Post round editing on the computer is just so easy.

Actually edited on my phone while having a nice dark wheat beer at the bar :)
Don't forget, you can "Pause" the round at any time so you can do take those practice swings away from the tee, or practice chip shots, whatever. You just have to remember to "Resume" the round when you get back to actually playing.
Yes, but as others have pointed out the pause needs to be an easier implementation than having to dig into the game menu. Also, knowing me, I'll absolutely forget to resume when needed.

I just bought one of these. I am hoping to start using shot scope...I have been using garmin golf but looking forward to more stats

How convenient or inconvenient is this. I’ll take a couple of practice swings before each shot just to release tension. So I need to pause, take a practice swing and then resume to play?

How convenient or inconvenient is this. I’ll take a couple of practice swings before each shot just to release tension. So I need to pause, take a practice swing and then resume to play?

Not if you take your swings within 5 yards or so of where you take your actual shot. I took some swings at the previous green while waiting for others to finish, and I knew that it would register as a another shot when I drove from the actual tee box.

I take practice swings a couple yards behind the ball. Never have had an extra shot added from it.

I take practice swings a couple yards behind the ball. Never have had an extra shot added from it.
This helps bc pausing and resuming sounds not fun

This helps bc pausing and resuming sounds not fun
I've never used the pause feature. I don't even know how to use it. Hopefully that lets you know how little of an issue it is for me.

Pausing is most used when setting the watch up before the round, syncing with the satellites well before you actually go to tee off. Maybe you want to hit the range, hit some chips or putts. If you have already put the watch into game mode, that stuff can be picked up. On the course, I can't t think of having used Pause once. However, I go off in the 1st tee time, so I am not faced with waiting on the tee for the group ahead and pulling a wedge out to chip a few balls to stay relaxed while waiting. As noted, practice swings aren't picked up if you are typically within 5 yards of where you are hitting your shot, That is why chunks and duffs that don't go at least 5 yards go undetected.

1000002316.jpg
Just got my x5 today!! Looking forward to getting all the data..

Reunited with my X5 and ready to get some on course numbers with the new bag! Time to set that up so tracking can begin!!!

Does anyone know how long it typically takes Shot Scope to update the bag section with new gear?

I've done practice swings and rarely if ever it tracks it as a stroke. I think it senses you are in the same location. So I've never used the pause button.

Not sure how it would work if you take your practice swing over by the cart, wait for your tee, and then walk onto the tee.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes Shot Scope to update the bag section with new gear?
As in you added new clubs into your bag? Maybe a few minutes top?

As in you added new clubs into your bag? Maybe a few minutes top?
Actually when they update with new club releases. I don’t see the Ai Smoke line or all of the Ai-One putters as selections.

Actually when they update with new club releases. I don’t see the Ai Smoke line or all of the Ai-One putters as selections.
Ah, a quick email solved the one I was looking for when I was adding a more obscure club. Not sure how they do more mainstream releases.

Sorry but I know I'm being really dumb here. What does 'positional' mean?

Also, my home course has all 5 tee boxes mapped by Garmin, but SS has only 2 of them. Have sent them a mail. Hope they re map the tee boxes.

Also, if the tee off area is marked wrongly, I presume that the driving distance would also be wrong? Would it be wrong only on the app after downloading the round or also on your watch when you reach your ball for the next shot?
Looks like you may have had some solutions but I've dealt with not having newer tee boxes mapped at my home course.

If you are teeing off from a mapped teeing ground, your tee shot will be from the spot of your swing regardless of what tees you selected. If you tee off somewhere that isn't map, Shot Scope will "guess" where your tee shots were within a mapped area. After the round when you are editing, you can move the shot to where your tee shot actually was. You'll want to go into the shot details (where you would edit positional, club used, etc) and change to Tee as it will likely default to rough since that area of the course isn't mapped yet.

Their turnaround time has been pretty fast when I've submitted what needed to be mapped through the website.

I pondered the white band. It looks really good! Let us know if it is easy to keep clean.
Will do! I have a white garmin watch band and that has been ok with the occasional hot water and soap soak

Back