THP Fantasy Football 2011

I have been telling JB for about a week now that I can't wait for this show to come back on. It's such my humor, I love that show.

I love it too. It really is one of my favorites. I have all of my friends watching it...it is too funny..

I love it too. It really is one of my favorites. I have all of my friends watching it...it is too funny..

Everything about that show is my sense of humor, and then you add FF into it and it's a winner in my book. I can't wait for it to come back.

I have been telling JB for about a week now that I can't wait for this show to come back on. It's such my humor, I love that show.

My wife is so far opposite from the athletic world it's difficult to imagine but even she likes this show. It's female friendly in a dude kind of way.

Everything about that show is my sense of humor, and then you add FF into it and it's a winner in my book. I can't wait for it to come back.

Me too. They act just like my group of friends do, so it cracks me up. Taco is hilarious...kind of the wild card. It really is a blast. For anyone who has been in a FF league, it is so funny

We will have more info up tomorrow about this, including signup.
We will have draft day and time as well as different leagues open.

Thanks JB..can't wait

Cannot wait!!

awesome! this should be fun!

Good stuff JB, looking forward to it!

---
- ...just tap it in...

Looks like lots of first timers coming to THP Fantasy Football this year. I will summarize all resumes quickly.

Won all my leagues last year.
Best trash talker ever
Will win THP league
Played in 16 team leagues all the time

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :alien:

Haha, pretty close to what I said. I can't trash talk at all though, so I'll be in the quiet league. I did win all my leagues last year, and I have also played in a 16 team league. Easily the hardest league I've ever done, and I think it requires lots of activity to make sure you have fielded the best team possible for the week. Will I win THP league? All depends on what everyone else does, and if my sleepers hit big like last year (Arian Foster). Seems like so many people doubt others on here, and then poke fun at them for it. Now I agree there is reason to be skeptical when you have 30 people dropping in saying the same thing, but some of us will back it up! Getting excited about the league, already in 12 of them. This will be my final one. Hopefully.

Also, I think that 80% of winning fantasy requires luck. I was lucky that Foster was everything I thought he would be and more. And I was lucky that I had no major injuries to kill my team. So really, I wouldn't say my consecutive years of dominance was skill. It was all mostly luck, with some really good decisions made. I wish good luck to everyone who plays.

Haha, pretty close to what I said. I can't trash talk at all though, so I'll be in the quiet league. I did win all my leagues last year, and I have also played in a 16 team league. Easily the hardest league I've ever done, and I think it requires lots of activity to make sure you have fielded the best team possible for the week. Will I win THP league? All depends on what everyone else does, and if my sleepers hit big like last year (Arian Foster). Seems like so many people doubt others on here, and then poke fun at them for it. Now I agree there is reason to be skeptical when you have 30 people dropping in saying the same thing, but some of us will back it up! Getting excited about the league, already in 12 of them. This will be my final one. Hopefully.

Also, I think that 80% of winning fantasy requires luck. I was lucky that Foster was everything I thought he would be and more. And I was lucky that I had no major injuries to kill my team. So really, I wouldn't say my consecutive years of dominance was skill. It was all mostly luck, with some really good decisions made. I wish good luck to everyone who plays.

I think the doubt is because for 2 years some members joining in have said the same thing and they end up in a very different scenario. Nothing wrong with confidence though. There was a member last year that said almost the same thing. By week 5, it was kind of embarrassing...hehe. I think member bstonerjk actually said "I just beat you worse than Ike beat Tina". It was pretty funny stuff.

But with that said, I love the confidence. I always liked playing against people with confidence. And I know GG looks forward to it too.

I think the doubt is because for 2 years some members joining in have said the same thing and they end up in a very different scenario. Nothing wrong with confidence though. There was a member last year that said almost the same thing. By week 5, it was kind of embarrassing...hehe. I think member bstonerjk actually said "I just beat you worse than Ike beat Tina". It was pretty funny stuff.

But with that said, I love the confidence. I always liked playing against people with confidence. And I know GG looks forward to it too.

Haha, that's pretty funny. I mean, as well as I've done in the past, I could very well start out badly. Like I said, luck has a lot to do with it. One of my leagues last year, I lost Jermichael Finley, Ryan Grant, and Tony Romo, all early. That was a 12 team league, with lots of roster spots. There were no free agents worth picking up. I had a decent bench though, and it pulled me through to victory. 16 teams will be different though. If that happens here, you're as good as gone.

Haha, that's pretty funny. I mean, as well as I've done in the past, I could very well start out badly. Like I said, luck has a lot to do with it. One of my leagues last year, I lost Jermichael Finley, Ryan Grant, and Tony Romo, all early. That was a 12 team league, with lots of roster spots. There were no free agents worth picking up. I had a decent bench though, and it pulled me through to victory. 16 teams will be different though. If that happens here, you're as good as gone.

It's all about quality pickups when you get an injury. Kolb went down for me first game last year, at that exact moment, I went and picked up Vick. He carried my team for the entire year.

It's all about quality pickups when you get an injury. Kolb went down for me first game last year, at that exact moment, I went and picked up Vick. He carried my team for the entire year.

I'll say. He tore it up last year. We do waivers though in all my leagues, not free agency. So with me being towards the top in the leagues, I'm one of the bottom spots in waivers. Do we do waivers in this league, or will it be free agents?

I'll say. He tore it up last year. We do waivers though in all my leagues, not free agency. So with me being towards the top in the leagues, I'm one of the bottom spots in waivers. Do we do waivers in this league, or will it be free agents?

Good question, league I was in last year had free agency instead of waivers.

---
- ...just tap it in...

Josh Ross reminds me of willwin from last year. You know the guy that says he is awesome then finishes last. haha

It's waivers, I had about 50+ waiver pick ups. My team was terrible (understatement) first 7 weeks, so I was always 1-3 in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Ross reminds me of willwin from last year. You know the guy that says he is awesome then finishes last. haha

It's waivers, I had about 50+ waiver pick ups. My team was terrible (understatement) first 7 weeks, so I was always 1-3 in line.

Ah yes willwin!! I remember him, because of him I am the Icon from Bygone. I hope he comes back someday so I may thank him for elevating me to icon status! LOL

Ok sweet. I am fairly certain I won't be in last. The only thing that will put me there will be bad luck, aka injuries, etc. Heck, I don't even know what last is.

Cant wait for the sign up! I have been staying quiet on this thread mostly because I havent been able to keep up with the rapid trash talk posting. I am going to try and stay quiet until I know I am in a league. I shall save my best trash talk for later, when we actually have the leagues set. With that being said, I must put in that I have never been in a 16 team FF league but I am a wizard with the free agency market. I have been known to make some pretty out there draft picks but I always seem to be able to make up for it with waivers. I was in a 3 league office pool last year, all 3 leagues had 3 teams and the 3 league winners went head to head for the grand daddy super bowl. I took everyone out losing only two games the entire season. Snappy pickups and smooth coaching. I always say your leagues are won on the sidelines and in the front office. Your draft has an obvious effect but its how you manage your bench/starters and the opportunities you make in free agency. SOOO looking forward to the chance to compete with everyone!

Ok sweet. I am fairly certain I won't be in last. The only thing that will put me there will be bad luck, aka injuries, etc. Heck, I don't even know what last is.

Ohh baby! Brimming with confidence in the pre-season.

Cant wait for the sign up! I have been staying quiet on this thread mostly because I havent been able to keep up with the rapid trash talk posting. I am going to try and stay quiet until I know I am in a league. I shall save my best trash talk for later, when we actually have the leagues set. With that being said, I must put in that I have never been in a 16 team FF league but I am a wizard with the free agency market. I have been known to make some pretty out there draft picks but I always seem to be able to make up for it with waivers. I was in a 3 league office pool last year, all 3 leagues had 3 teams and the 3 league winners went head to head for the grand daddy super bowl. I took everyone out losing only two games the entire season. Snappy pickups and smooth coaching. I always say your leagues are won on the sidelines and in the front office. Your draft has an obvious effect but its how you manage your bench/starters and the opportunities you make in free agency. SOOO looking forward to the chance to compete with everyone!

I can tell you though, the draft is almost everything in a 16 team league. There is not much out there on the waiver wires week to week.

Yea i would assume that the waivers will be slim pickins. Hopefully my crazy draft picks can turn out to be great ones.

We are holding off with the official announcement due to a couple of minor details, but it will be up this weekend or Monday.

We are holding off with the official announcement due to a couple of minor details, but it will be up this weekend or Monday.

Thanks JB! Looking forward to it!

Back