What is Your Biggest Pet-Peeve on the Golf Course?

Gosh, Smallville--have you always had that funny hitch in your backswing? :angel:

Claire, girlfriend, I'm going to find you a new line!

Some to try on:
"Maybe try hitting the ball in the direction you want it to go."
"Sometimes I keep my eye on the ball as I hit it."
"I think par is for the whole course, not just the green."
"Feel free to give it a full swing, no one's noticed those pit stains."

(This is cathartic! I could keep going...)

Have I been paired with you? I'm sorry, I THOUGHT you wanted advice! LMAO

Im not talking about a few tips, which I always appreciate, im talking a 5 hour round with non stop golf tips. I felt like the guy just recited 5 issues of golf digest to me. Even if I would of listened to him, my mind would of been overloaded with all of his crappy advice. Plus he went against everything the guy Ive taken lessons from taught to me. This happened on Friday and seems to always happen when I play this course. I just give the "sure thing" look to people like that the whole time.

Im not talking about a few tips, which I always appreciate, im talking a 5 hour round with non stop golf tips. I felt like the guy just recited 5 issues of golf digest to me.

So was I! Hehehehehe.

I guess we aren't getting paired up again then? That's OK, I see Claire over there, I'll join HER group and give her some tips. :banana:

So was I! Hehehehehe.

I guess we aren't getting paired up again then? That's OK, I see Claire over there, I'll join HER group and give her some tips. :banana:

"Thanks, but I'm working with a pro and he's given me some very specific stuff he wants me to focus on."

Doesn't work with my brother-in-law, either. :sad:

No Claire, it's OK, I can help, really. Just do a little of this, hold your arm like that, bend your knees a little more.

Played a few weeks ago and some guy in the group in front of us took 4 practice swings with 5 second pauses between each and then got over the ball and just looked at it, perfectly still for at least 10 seconds before hitting it. He did this every time and, did I mention he sucked?I think he scored in the 120's. At first we were pissed, but as a coping mechanism we started to make fun of him and bet if he'd pull hook or slice his next shot. I know it wasn't right but we had to do something with all our extra time.:devil:

No Claire, it's OK, I can help, really. Just do a little of this, hold your arm like that, bend your knees a little more.

Too bad for you I'm left-handed--you can't stand behind me and reach around to help. :vampire:

Too bad for you I'm left-handed--you can't stand behind me and reach around to help. :vampire:

Did you take my advice and have more drinks....:clapp:

This is why I'm glad my husband doesn't post here--

Guys who slice every drive into the trees and then remind you they have five minutes to find the frigging ball. Five minutes times fourteen of these adds over an hour to the round!

I've finally trained my husband to hit the first ball he finds, regardless of whether it's his. So what if GHIN doesn't like it.

Claire...you've got to be kidding!! Right?

Claire...you've got to be kidding!! Right?

Why would I joke about that? He's really a tennis player and just golfs to keep me company.

Two things:

When I am at the tee box and the people I am playing with just continue talking/laughing loudly with no regard for my moment of silence.

This usually happens when we get paired up with other golfers we don't know. Yet when they go to tee off....it's total silence.

Secondly, again when playing with strangers....if they are playing their "home course" they apply their own little rules. For example you hit a shot on the green and it lands within a foot of the pin, they pick up my ball and say "it's a gimee".

So this past Saturday I nicely asked "why they did that, sometimes you can misread a short put, and I prefer to play out my shot just for that added swing to sink my putt"....their response "club rules". Then I nicely said "I am NOT in their club and I want to finish"....I was told "I was right, but that's not how we play". :pissed-off:

So this past Saturday I nicely asked "why they did that, sometimes you can misread a short put, and I prefer to play out my shot just for that added swing to sink my putt"....their response "club rules". Then I nicely said "I am NOT in their club and I want to finish"....I was told "I was right, but that's not how we play". :pissed-off:

I HATE that!!! I want to make my putts! It's the rules! There are no conceded putts in stroke play! Don't touch my balls without permission!

And they even rushed our game "because they didn't want to get wet". It had been drizzling off and on. Geez, isn't that what umbrella's are for???

And they even rushed our game "because they didn't want to get wet". It had been drizzling off and on. Geez, isn't that what umbrella's are for???

For Pete's sake, we live in the Pacific NorthWet . . . Did you tell them to buy some Gore-Tex and call it good!

I HATE that!!! I want to make my putts! It's the rules! There are no conceded putts in stroke play! Don't touch my balls without permission!

when I asked these guys I know why they give each other so many putts, I actually had one of them say "we never miss those,..."
so I said,... "how do you know if you don't putt them,...?"
so they lag everything up to about 2 or 3 feet (yes 3 footers) and they say "pick that up,...." and if it's not given to them they sometimes (and this really kills me) ask,... "is this good,..." it's like nails on a chalk board to me,...

If you never miss them than PUTT IT IN,....!!!!

Yes, but I've heard your permission is given freely!!

I couldn't let that go Harry. :rotfl:

Yes, but I've heard your permission is given freely!!

I couldn't let that go Harry. :rotfl:

Maybe you can go there, BraDDe!; I wasn't about to. :chicken:

No means No!

One of my favorites ever...
Drunk guy: "My personal experience has been, when a woman says no, she really means yes."
Julie: "That's strange. My personal experience has been, when I say no, I really mean no."

Can you believe this would fly?! (While we're talking about pet peeves and drunks. :angel:)

One of my favorites ever...

Drunk guy: "My personal experience has been, when a woman says no, she really means yes."

Julie: "That's strange. My personal experience has been, when I say no, I really mean no. if you don't get away from me right now, I'm going to shove this barstool so far up your backside, they will have to organize a search and rescue party to find and extract it."

Fixed it for you.

Back to the course...this isn't that annoying...when your caddy who is Thai keeps calling me Lasser...found out during the round that Thai people can't pronounce "r" it comes out as "laa". So I am known as "lasser" in Thailand.

Fixed it for you.

Quick wit there Harry. Funny stuff.

This isn't really a pet peeve, more of a wish they had: why don't courses have a cowbell to ring after everyone has gotten out of range so that the people on the tee who have a blind shot over a hill know that it's safe to hit? I have only seen it on one course that I have played.

An alternative: a mirror on a very tall pole (angled down so you can stand on a predetermined spot) so you can watch the group ahead of you and know when it's safe to hit. Both of these are on the same course. Haven't seen either anywhere else.

One of our local courses, Glen Eagles has hole 3 known as Cardiac Hill - and believe the name is fitting. That hill is so steep you can't see the top. When you are finished on the greens they do have a chain to pull which activates a rotating light at the crest so the people below can tell you have finished and moved on.

Definitely a must here.

This isn't really a pet peeve, more of a wish they had: why don't courses have a cowbell to ring after everyone has gotten out of range so that the people on the tee who have a blind shot over a hill know that it's safe to hit? I have only seen it on one course that I have played.

What a good idea!

I need...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1017105/more_cowbell/

(Where's my Grogger at?)

Back