Votes: 32 33.0%
  • Go play and DVR it

Votes: 48 49.5%

• Total voters

huhhh

Reaction score
Handicap
25.3 GRINT
Don't know if this has been done before but I was kinda suprised by how many people said they didn't watch the final round yesterday because they were out playing.

I know everyone loves to play whenever they can but... How many of you give up a Sunday to watch (on TV) the final round of a Major vs. going out to play a round yourself?

We're mostly talking watching the drama live now...although I guess we throw a DVR option in there. I'm curious to see the ratio here.

I DVR final rounds, major or not, quite a bit. Rained yesteday so i saw it anyway............

I will miss any major for the chance to get out on the course and actually play... especially now that we have smart phones and DVR.
The Masters is my favorite tourney and I do try to be around the TV for the last few holes of it, but I would rather be on the course than catching the full broadcast.

play and watch recap on golf channel or espn. Got an early round in and still got to see the final round unfold

I would have said play and DVR the major normally. But if the Major in question was like yesterdays....... then I'm bolting myself to my couch and not going anywhere.

We did both. Played early, watched the last 3 hours after we got home.

I played, but dvr'd it and listened on XM.

I would always play the game I love over watching it. Of course with the dvr I can watch it later, but most likely something will have spoiled it before I can watch it.

Did both...played in the morning and watched last 3 hours of coverage.

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

Remember you have to choose 1 now... For the poll's sake your course is being decontaminated or something in the morning. It's afternoon or nothing.

If i can play I'll play and DVR it. I give up the TV a lot to my kids so DVR is in effect on most Sunday's anyway.

Play early, and then watch the end.

Play. No contest for me.

I've missed many majors and minor majors over the years, choosing to play instead. And I rarely record any sports event any more. If I don't see it live, then I don't bother. I watched about an hour and a half total of the PGA this week, and that included watching the entire playoff. I just don't get off on TV golf like I used to. I have trouble finding anyone to root for any more. Just don't care for most of the latest crop of players. :confused2:

I did both, my group teed off at 7 am, I was home before any of the lead groups hit the course.

Remember you have to choose 1 now... For the poll's sake your course is being decontaminated or something in the morning. It's afternoon or nothing.

My bad. I'd play.

We did both. Played early, watched the last 3 hours after we got home.

That's the way to do it... Get out to play early, be home in time to watch it.

Poll needs the choice of playing early then watching after.

I usually try to DVR it... I love fast forwarding through commercials, or pausing it when I want (instead of 'holding it' until the next break).
...But Majors I like to watch live if I can.

I usually try to DVR it... I love fast forwarding through commercials, or pausing it when I want (instead of 'holding it' until the next break).
...But Majors I like to watch live if I can.

I DVR most everything. I don't record golf though. I'd rather keep up with the tournament thread! Other sports sure except finals, and regular TV programs definitely to skip commercials. But not golf.

I played yesterday and caught the end.

Play, easy choice for me.

I tend to miss the final round of most majors, with it being sunday Im either playing or hanging out with my kids

Back