Low cost quality ball

nickpergande

work in progress
Reaction score
Handicap
16.1 oob
I am tring to find out what would be the best ball at a decent price. I watched my friend buy some PROv1's today and lose every one. My question is what is the best ball for the money in every ones opinion. I would love to game the high end balls but I cant justify spending 40 plus on a dozen balls. Any sugestions?

Penta's can be had @ 3 boxes for around $30 bucks if you're willing to put in the legwork!

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3195459

Cliffs:
Make sure you have Sports Authority B&M near you.
Link Amex to FourSquare, Link Amex to Facebook.. (use different email addresses)
(Optional) find Sports Authority Coupon
Take advantage of buy 2 get 1 free Penta national promotion.

I played Tommy Armour Silver Scot's for a while. They are like 15 bucks for 2 dozen at Dick's. Or they used to be, been a while since I got any of them.

You can always check out knet for used golf balls as well.

Srizon Z Star is my ball but I didn't like the $40 price tag. I searched around and found nothing cheaper that I liked. The Titleist NXT Tour and Bridgestone had a E(forgot the number) that were both good in the price and durability category, but came up a little short in the performance factor. I ended up going through Knet for roughyl $25 bucks a dozen. Used golf balls but the qulaity of the cover was still acceptable for me. I bought 2 dozen a couple of weeks ago. I was only annoyed about 1 ball because it had a small but substancial scuff mark on it (IMO).

edit: Dang It HAWK!!

TM Burner Tour

You can always check out knet for used golf balls as well.

If you want to go the Knet route, make sure you google Knet and Groupon as there are many groupon deals floating around for knet balls!

Top Flite Gamer V2

I bought a 24 pack of Titleist Tour Distance balls at costco for $30.00. They are not as nice as the proV's or NXT tours but you get what you pay for. The other option is the top flight gamer V2 or Nike tour vapor. None of these are my number 1 choice but they are all decent balls for the price.

+2 on the gamer

+3 on the TF Gamer. I think the name "Top Flite" scares away a lot of people.

+3 on the TF Gamer. I think the name "Top Flite" scares away a lot of people.

That's true. Everytime I walk by those balls at Golf Galaxy I think "The brand name and price combined tell me this balls no good"
But from what I hear they're not bad at all.

Best cheapo balls to me are the Noodles. They are long and straight. They aren't made for the short game, but are low side spin balls. I often see them around $12 a dozen.

In the $20 range I actually love Srixon soft-feels.

In the $25 range you get to E6's. $25 is also the new price point for the Srixon Q-Star's. I've yet to pick them up but will soon. Knowing Srixon they are probably similar to an E6 without feeling so hard around the green. Also a low side spin ball. I'd be shocked if I didn't like them.

My question is what about the high end ball makes you want to use it? My game would be hurt using a pro v1 most of the time. Too much side spin. Also, think about your swing speed. The higher end balls are often made for higher end swings in terms of compressing. So you might lose distance depending on where your ss is.

I like the Callaway HX diablo tour. They have a review on here somewhere. They are a good 3 piece ball for sub $30.

I like the Callaway HX diablo tour. They have a review on here somewhere. They are a good 3 piece ball for sub $30.

+1. I've been playing these for a couple of months now and love the feel of them. They spin pretty well for me, not as much as my preferred Z-star, but very nice ball. Wal-Mart $22 a dox. My wife works there so I get an additional 10% off, so it's like buying the TF Gamer 2. Can't wait to try out the Q-Star tho as I'm a huge Srixon ball fan.

I saw a weekend flyer for Srixon AD-333's @ 2-dozen for $25 @ Dick's.

I saw a weekend flyer for Srixon AD-333's @ 2-dozen for $25 @ Dick's.

That's a great price for an excellent ball. It's my normal gamer.

+2 great ball for the price. I also really like the TM burner line.

if your friend lost everyone if his ProV1's I suggest you just take his $40 next time and have him watch you throw cheaper golf balls into the woods..same effect but you make $40

Just go buy used balls and enjoy the game.

Noodles are good for a really cheap ball, but right now the best quality lower cost balls are in my opinion the e series Bridgestones. I played an e5 the last couple weekends and loved it (74 and 78). I had hit an e7 in the past and wasn't crazy about it but it might fit another swing better. Also a really decent cheap ball is the McGregor VIP. I picked some up at GS the other day for way less than $20 (don't remember exact price but it was cheap). I have been doing some experimenting with balls lately and the Bridgestones are probably as good a ball for the money as I have played so far this year.

I think the TM Burner Tours are a great ball. Excellent price too.

Back