Swing Thought & Golf 9/12 Unite Golfers as 10th Anniversary of 9/11 Attacks Approach

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
Swing Thought & Golf 9/12 Unite Golfers as 10th Anniversary of 9/11 Attacks Approach

This is a press release.

Swing Thought™ and Golf 9/12 Unite Golfers as 10-year Anniversary of September 11th Attacks Approaches

Houston, TX — Swing Thought™, makers of the popular Swing Thought wristbands (ST Bands), has teamed up with Golf 9/12 to create a limited edition wristband commemorating the inaugural Golf 9/12 Day of Unity golf event, scheduled for September 12th, 2011.

Golf 9/12 is a new multi-venue, simultaneously played golf initiative intended to recapture the collective spirit of unity that swept through the country the day after 9/11/01 (see www.golf912.org). Golf 9/12 encourages people to take part in a day of golf, connected by a live mobile scoring and social networking application, in which $12 will be added to players’ greens fees or collected as donations through the www.golf912.org website to help fund educational programs at the Pentagon Memorial, the 9/11 Memorial and the Flight 93 Memorial. Proceeds will also benefit Armed Forces charities, local First Responders charities and Friends of Freedom charities.

"I am excited to see Golf 9/12 gaining tremendous momentum as we move towards the day of golf," said Davis Love III, PGA TOUR professional and Golf 9/12 Champion for Freedom. "Golf 9/12 certainly wouldn't have been able to accomplish what it has thus far without the help of its caring partners."

To raise awareness of the Golf 9/12 mission, Swing Thought will supply free "Golf 9/12 UNITE" wristbands to all golfers who register to participate in the maiden Golf 9/12 effort. In addition, all proceeds from the sale of "Golf 9/12" ST Bands will be donated to Golf 9/12 for distribution to the beneficiaries of its fundraising efforts. The ST Bands are high-quality, comfortable lightweight wristbands crafted from silicone for the ultimate in fit and feel. The limited edition Golf 9/12 ST Band features a patriotic dual color scheme of red and blue and comes inscribed with the word "UNITE" in white paint fill.

According to Swing Thought’s founder and CEO, Michael Rush, “Swing Thought is proud to play an important part in helping Golf 9/12 with its mission of restoring the feeling of unity Americans felt in the aftermath of the worst terrorist attack in U.S. history. In addition to the live mobile scoring and social networking app, having all the participants wear the Golf 9/12 ST Band during their round should certainly help to foster the spirit of togetherness that event organizers are trying to achieve. ”

The limited edition Golf 9/12 ST Bands will be available August 18th for $14.99 each with all proceeds going to Golf 9/12. For more information on where to purchase the Golf 9/12 ST Bands visit www.swingthought.com or www.golf912.org.

Golf9-12STBands.jpg

That's an incredible cause. I was reading that on their Facebook page and got chills thinking about it.

Thanks for the press release.

Thanks for posting that. I was already planning on playing that day. This just makes it more special, good stuff on both parties involved.

--
tapatalk

a fine idea---I was salmon fishing on Lake Michigan 9-12----real strange not seeing any air traffic from the Chicago area--------------never again!

What an awesome idea! Bravo to these guys for putting this together

What an awesome idea! Bravo to these guys for putting this together

Agreed. I'm heading up to NYC this weekend actually hoping to see the memorial. Just might have to buy one.

Great gesture from a couple of great groups.

Thanks for sharing this, I will be a part of golf 9/12 for sure.

Thanks for sharing; I will find a course supporting this and play on 9/12. If any other DFW THP'ers want to meet up, please PM me.

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

Can't play on a weekday most weeks, hate to miss it. Too bad it couldn't be scheduled on 9/11.

This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing, hopefully a bunch of us can support this.

I like the new multicolor version. What are your guys thoughts?

I like the design. I think the multicolor will stand out and help with the intent of the band.

I also appreciate the effort they are putting forward; speaks volumes for them as a company.

---

I really like the look of these, and they are super comfortable, so I like the idea of multi colors. And what a great cause to boot!

Thanks to all who have read this release and want to get a Swing Thought GOLF 9/12 wrist band and be a part of GOLF 9/12 and the Nation's Day of Unity. Its not to late to participate as either a golfer, a golf course or an organization that wants to be involved. To get started visit www.golf912.org. If that does not answer your questions please call me at 703-231-8417 or email me at rhoroho@golf912.org. A big first year goal of ours was to have one course or group participate in every state. Currently we have about 15 states with courses and groups participating. We'd love to help you get a GOLF 9/12 Swing Thought Band and to be a part of GOLF 9/12. If you reach out to me I or one of my teammates will engage with you and get you going.

I love the idea & the multi color Bands.

Any Course can participate

Any Course can participate

Thanks for sharing; I will find a course supporting this and play on 9/12. If any other DFW THP'ers want to meet up, please PM me.

---

Thanks the list of participating courses is on our website at www.golf912.org and we can help you add your course to that list.

Live scoring opens on 6 September. Grab your foursome register and play your GOLF 9/12 round early and at your convenience. You can be a leader in the clubhouse come 9/12. Many courses and individuals who had conflicts on 9/12 but wanted to be a part are doing just that. You wont be alone.

WE currently do not have a course in Alabama, want to help us add one?

We currently dont have a course participating in Nebraska, want to help us add one?

WE currently do not have a course in Alabama, want to help us add one?

We currently dont have a course in Oregon, want to help us add one?

We currently dont have a course participating in Nebraska, want to help us add one?

We currently dont have a course in Delaware, want to help us add one?

It does not indicate one in SW Florida either, I would be willing to mention your efforts to my local courses if that is ok?

Sounds like a great idea.

a fine idea---I was salmon fishing on Lake Michigan 9-12----real strange not seeing any air traffic from the Chicago area--------------never again!

We don't have a course in the Chicago area as of yet. Would you like to help us add one?

Back