Callaway Razr X Tour Irons

I can tell you without a shadow of doubt that the RXT's are a great set of irons. I've said a few times in here that I wouldn't be scared off b/c they are labelled as a "Tour" iron. I find them as forgiving as the 2.0's and I find the feedback off the irons to be far superior. They are as long, and 10x more accurate for me. The fact that they offer sleeker looks is just a big bonus to me.

Thanks, are they workable too? Because as my game gets better i'd rather have a set that will still be suitable for a better player as i can't afford to change my irons too much due to my lack of money :D (I'm only 14). They sound great but it's gonna be a case of finding a shop where i can test them. We have the biggest golf store in Europe near by but the Lefty section is shocking. Theres an excellent lefty golf shop but it's miles away :(. Might have to persuade my mum to take me there :D

After having the demo yesterday and thinking about it overnight, pretty sure im going to order myself a set of these shortly.....

What are the stock grips like?

Thanks, are they workable too? Because as my game gets better i'd rather have a set that will still be suitable for a better player as i can't afford to change my irons too much due to my lack of money :D (I'm only 14). They sound great but it's gonna be a case of finding a shop where i can test them. We have the biggest golf store in Europe near by but the Lefty section is shocking. Theres an excellent lefty golf shop but it's miles away :(. Might have to persuade my mum to take me there :D

I'm not one that really tries to work the ball, only when I have to. But, yes, they can easily move the ball sideways, but more importantly, they are fantastic at flighting the ball lower if needs be.

After having the demo yesterday and thinking about it overnight, pretty sure im going to order myself a set of these shortly.....

What are the stock grips like?

I ordered mine with Golf Pride Tour Velvets, although I'm pretty sure the stock grip is this:

ZXoP.jpg

They are GP Tour Velvets but are branded with the Callaway Chevron. Really cool grip!

I'm not one that really tries to work the ball, only when I have to. But, yes, they can easily move the ball sideways, but more importantly, they are fantastic at flighting the ball lower if needs be.

I think i'll believe you over Golf Digest as i've heard others say that they are workable. Just found this abit funny :D

Golf Digest said:
You need the skilled hands of a diamond cutter to get these things to move left or right. They're built for straight and high ball flight

never played Lambkin's but im sure they are good. I will see if their is a cost to change to GP MC's like i have currently when i put the order in.

Honestly, I love seeing you guys interested in these irons, and what's best, is hearing you confirm what I've found with them. I think they're a special set of irons, perhaps the best on shelves this year. Like JB experienced, they don't WOW you to death with looks or anything but they flat out perform. Good luck with pursuing your purchases fellas.

lol @ skilled hands of a diamond cutter. I've been able to workability mine quite a few times. My usual shot is a draw but for the most part I just shoot for the straight shot. Nice to see the banter in here about these sticks.

---
- Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

I just did the Callaway Iron selector thing and it chose these. I really want to hit these irons now :D Shame i dont have £550 spare :(

never played Lambkin's but im sure they are good. I will see if their is a cost to change to GP MC's like i have currently when i put the order in.

Upgrade to different grips is an upcharge where I got them (cost was cheaper just to have them regrip it). Talk to wherever you bought the set and see if they can give you a good deal on regripping them. Chances are they will be cheaper.

LOL at diamond cutter... I must cut diamonds for a living because I can swear that I can move the ball both ways on these sticks.

Hopefully i'll win the lottery tonight and be able to buy some of these bad boys :D

Reading this thread again makes me want to go out and hit these again. I really fell in love with them at the demo day.

The RXT's had one last warm up last night before leaving early tomorrow morning for the MC. Once again another fantastic range session with the Razr's. I really worked on mostly scoring clubs as I just wanted to hone and not bone. Smoothed quite a few nice shots focusing more on my transition and tempo for crisp, clean contact. Funny thing was once I got the 6 and 5 iron I hit them as good or better then anytime before. The RXT's are legit, clean and in the travel bag ready to go.

Like others have said, you can work these. I have hit a few hundred balls with them and could work the ball. The amazing thing to me is they are one of the longest irons I have ever hit but still have workability and accuracy (Redlines were longer for me)

The RXT's had one last warm up last night before leaving early tomorrow morning for the MC. Once again another fantastic range session with the Razr's. I really worked on mostly scoring clubs as I just wanted to hone and not bone. Smoothed quite a few nice shots focusing more on my transition and tempo for crisp, clean contact. Funny thing was once I got the 6 and 5 iron I hit them as good or better then anytime before. The RXT's are legit, clean and in the travel bag ready to go.

So ready to destroy puttin4lostagaintoteamawesome!

Like others have said, you can work these. I have hit a few hundred balls with them and could work the ball. The amazing thing to me is they are one of the longest irons I have ever hit but still have workability and accuracy (Redlines were longer for me)

It's b/c you're left handed and a good dude!

I agree with you completely. Workability if you want it, yet forgiving and long. Winning!

So ready to destroy puttin4lostagaintoteamawesome!
Ha! Least I'm not stuck @ work right now!

I haven't hit a ball since a week ago last Sunday. I know that when I do the RXT's will be ready!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Ha! Least I'm not stuck @ work right now!

I haven't hit a ball since a week ago last Sunday. I know that when I do the RXT's will be ready!!!

I can't really make a come back to that one. Sad but true.

It's b/c you're left handed and a good dude!

I agree with you completely. Workability if you want it, yet forgiving and long. Winning!

Great combo indeed. I am pondering what to do with my second bag big time. Right now I am tempted to buy the Redlines AND RXT's and put the CB2's in the closet. LOL

Great combo indeed. I am pondering what to do with my second bag big time. Right now I am tempted to buy the Redlines AND RXT's and put the CB2's in the closet. LOL

Hmm, I might be interested in those CB2's if you're ever interested in moving them. You have KBS' in them right?

I can't really make a come back to that one. Sad but true.
It'll go by quick dude, before you know it we'll be hanging out banging balls with the RXTs!

Hmm, I might be interested in those CB2's if you're ever interested in moving them. You have KBS' in them right?

Yeah, they are Tour 90's. Here is the problem, though, they are 1 in short. I am a short guy and have a very compact swing due to a few injuries so that is what I was fitted for.
Maybe we should touch base after the MC and chat. You gotta focus on kickin some ass...I ain't reppin the Team Hackers banner for nothin'. lol

Yeah, they are Tour 90's. Here is the problem, though, they are 1 in short. I am a short guy and have a very compact swing due to a few injuries so that is what I was fitted for.
Maybe we should touch base after the MC and chat. You gotta focus on kickin some ass...I ain't reppin the Team Hackers banner for nothin'. lol

Yeah, 1'' short isn't good but I'd reshaft those babies and have the lofts strengthened for sure. We'll chat. I'll do the lefties proud for sure.

My biggest strength is my iron play and I have my RXT's just dialed in right now. I'm ready.

Yeah, 1'' short isn't good but I'd reshaft those babies and have the lofts strengthened for sure. We'll chat. I'll do the lefties proud for sure.

My biggest strength is my iron play and I have my RXT's just dialed in right now. I'm ready.

Right on. Maybe we can work something out with heads only or a trade or something. Tour 90's might be awesome in the Redlines if get those.
Really looking forward to following along this weekend.

Back