Pro yardages for each club

Dance_Business

AARP Member :)
Reaction score
Handicap
Practice
I am sure I have seen articles listing distances for a given Professional's clubs. Does anyone know what site will list these? Or perhaps links to several articles on current players? My Google skills are failing me.

Don't know if the website has it listed but try golf digest's website. I always look at their "what's in the bag section" of the magazine where they feature a guy and all his clubs and yardages etc. Not sure of they have a compilation online but it is worth a shot. I'm sure some other members of the forum will offer other sites to help you locate this also.

Golf Digest always publishes them in their WITB section. I would check their website.

Don't know if the website has it listed but try golf digest's website. I always look at their "what's in the bag section" of the magazine where they feature a guy and all his clubs and yardages etc. Not sure of they have a compilation online but it is worth a shot. I'm sure some other members of the forum will offer other sites to help you locate this also.
That is how I have seen the distances too. They have quite a few golfers on there. I'm not sure of any other websites.

I try not to look at numbers like that. Too depressing....

"Phil is 168 yds. out and he's going with a pitching wedge here. Sticks it to within 5 feet of the pin...."

"I am 168 yds. out and going with a 6 iron here. Sticks it 10 yds. short of the green. Ouch...."

"Phil is 168 yds. out and he's going with a pitching wedge here. Sticks it to within 5 feet of the pin...."

"I am 168 yds. out and going with a 6 iron here. Sticks it 10 yds. short of the green. Ouch...."
Aren't most clubs played by the pros much stronger lofted than what comes standard? I thought I read that somewhere. It makes the distance gaps a little bit smaller.

Aren't most clubs played by the pros much stronger lofted than what comes standard? I thought I read that somewhere. It makes the distance gaps a little bit smaller.

I have read that tour pros clubs are weaker lofted on average, but they tend to de-loft them while hitting, hence the great distance they get.

I have read that tour pros clubs are weaker lofted on average, but they tend to de-loft them while hitting, hence the great distance they get.
Maybe that is it then. I just remember reading something about the lofts being different which helps them get more distance.

Last edited:

I agree! I only worry about how far I can hit my clubs, even though it does make for entertaining reading.

It's interesting to see how much further they bang it out there. Gotta love that a pro hits their SW(135-140) as far as my 9 or 8i depending on the day.

my yardages aren't too far behind them.problem is striking it well everytime.and their long irons are unbelievable!!!one way to score much better is knowing what yardages you hit your clubs because this will make a big difference.

Furyk's 5 iron down to GW is similar to mine. I have always picked everything clean. trying to actually take the divot after the ball and my yardages have seen a drastic increase. It will be interesting to see if I can capitalize on anything WHEN I get to play again.

I noticed that Furyk talks about having problems getting his ball flight up w/ lower lofted clubs. So why is it exactly that he plays an eight degree R11 and only swats the ball 280 with it? His yardages aren't that long. Quieros knocks it well past 300 and plays more loft than Furyk on his driver.

I'm sure people are gonna say that he was fit for this, but I mean the laws of physics kind of defy more distance from a lower loft for a guy that doesn't get the ball airborne as well as others.

Just pondering is all.

Tapatalk just feels so soft on the fingertips when used on a buttery soft, forged iPhone.

my guess is what stops furyk hitting the ball longer is his swing.i can't see him producing as much clubhead speeds as the likes of quiros and johnson.

I noticed that Furyk talks about having problems getting his ball flight up w/ lower lofted clubs. So why is it exactly that he plays an eight degree R11 and only swats the ball 280 with it? His yardages aren't that long. Quieros knocks it well past 300 and plays more loft than Furyk on his driver.

I'm sure people are gonna say that he was fit for this, but I mean the laws of physics kind of defy more distance from a lower loft for a guy that doesn't get the ball airborne as well as others.

Just pondering is all.

Tapatalk just feels so soft on the fingertips when used on a buttery soft, forged iPhone.

I hate seeing that one...I have pretty much the same distances as him with every club except his driver...I wish I could remember how to hit mine again.

My distances are almost exact to Bernhard Langer. Too bad he's 11 years older than I and that his short game is just a wee bit better, YA THINK.... LOL

Back