The Little THP Birdie Thread

Another MC would be amazing. I wouldn't even want to think about the sponsors at this point. Just knowing that THP would have another "family" outting is amazing unto itself.

That was my favorite thing about watching it...I loved to see how close everyone was. JB and GG did an amazing job and I cant wait to (hopefully) watch the next one.

Who says there can be only two teams or companies involved. I think it would be great to see at least 4 teams and companies involved if possible but I know nothing of the logistics. I think this is is great event the seeing what JB and GG did with the first one it seems like expansion is a possibility.

You can go Tavistock Cup style...

I didn't do that on Saturday morning....but on Saturday afternoon, I hit it 20 yards off the tee into a bush to the left of the tee. That was pretty embarrassing.

Oh well, we've all been there :D

I agree with you there. Seemed that sometimes there were a few pages of trash talk in a row with another comment here and there that got overlooked. I'm sure I would have been trash talking too so I cant blame the MCers, but maybe if there is another MC there should be a "no trash talk" thread made just for THPers to ask questions and share comments and get feedback from MCers without getting mixed up in the trash talk.

I'll gladly plead guilty, but then again it really is tough when the trash talk gets high and your comments don't even get seen. Sorry dude, but I tried to enteract over and over, just seemed like a waste after a while.

You are assuming that people get the choice. With sponsorships, its not always that way.

This is why I loved the idea of making light of the situation through nicknames during the announcements. That was so much fun for me.
Speed racers krytponite. HAHAHAH

I thought that was awesome! I've watched those videos probably 6 times already. What an amazing event.:thp:

I'm not worried about who the sponsors would be it's just great to be able to see videos and see how everything unfolded...imagine if none of us who weren't there couldn't of seen any of it with no pictures/videos...

It's great just to be able to see what the 16 guys got to do. Without JB and GG none of this is possible.

I have to say. The MC was a wonderful exp, one that I hope others get to experience. Selfishly I would love the chance to have another crack at it. :)

If this does indeed happen again, I'll be trying to get in on it, and if not I'll support it as much as possible.

Thanks once again, I know I keep saying it, but I had a great time.

---
- Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

I will also say this: there is no way that one can successfully prepare for the nerves of that first tee shot.

that's the truth. I told GG that I had never been so nervous on the first tee. I'm glad I went first, because I think it would have been worse for me if I had seen 3 guys stripe balls down the fairway before I got my chance. When I got up there my plan was simple...don't whiff

that's the truth. I told GG that I had never been so nervous on the first tee. I'm glad I went first, because I think it would have been worse for me if I had seen 3 guys stripe balls down the fairway before I got my chance. When I got up there my plan was simple...don't whiff

I just spit out some coffee laughing at this. Sounds like a good plan.

Ok, back to the little birdie... What does he/she say about some R11 irons for forum testing?!? :D

I just spit out some coffee laughing at this. Sounds like a good plan.

Ok, back to the little birdie... What does he/she say about some R11 irons for forum testing?!? :D

It was a great plan and it turned out to be a real good shot off the tee.

There is already R11 forum testing going on. Six forum members got R11 irons for the Morgan Cup. There reviews have been quite good so far.

There is already R11 forum testing going on. Six forum members got R11 irons for the Morgan Cup. There reviews have been quite good so far.

Every TM staffer was raving about them at TMC.

These testers are killing me as well, I was thinking of heading towards the 2.0's as the price seems to be going down, but the R11 seems like a fantastic iron. The reviewers are doing a great job!

The event would be just as amazing even without sponsors. The excitement of the competition and a good time are what make this a unique experience. Even if everyone just played with their own clubs I would still be jist as excited!

The event would be just as amazing even without sponsors. The excitement of the competition and a good time are what make this a unique experience. Even if everyone just played with their own clubs I would still be jist as excited!

Well, I am not sure about that to the people signing up. If that were the case, wouldnt more people be dying to get to the next outing? It is a competition and people are playing their own gear right? Plus it has contests and demo day. I would like to fool myself into thinking the equipment plays no role or a small role, but we all know differently.

I think you're missing the point that the MC was to let the average hacker experience being treated like a tour pro IMO via OEM sponsorship from gear to scripting all while competing. It was both groundbreaking and something you just can't simulate anywhere else.

Well, I am not sure about that to the people signing up. If that were the case, wouldnt more people be dying to get to the next outing? It is a competition and people are playing their own gear right? Plus it has contests and demo day. I would like to fool myself into thinking the equipment plays no role or a small role, but we all know differently.

Some people are dieing to get to the outing. Just were alittle slow on getting confirmation before the spots filled. I love competitions. If I had to use wood sticks at the Morgan cup I would...

But they wouldn't be lefty :alien: hehe

There are spots left for the 2012 outing???

I have hit them both and I prefer the R11. Looks and feel for me.... TM is setting up and knockn em down

These testers are killing me as well, I was thinking of heading towards the 2.0's as the price seems to be going down, but the R11 seems like a fantastic iron. The reviewers are doing a great job!

Some people are dieing to get to the outing. Just were alittle slow on getting confirmation before the spots filled. I love competitions. If I had to use wood sticks at the Morgan cup I would...

But they wouldn't be lefty :alien: hehe

There are spots left for the 2012 outing???

There were 4 last week that opened up. Its all about staying on top of that thread I guess. New spots open up all the time.

There were 4 last week that opened up. Its all about staying on top of that thread I guess. New spots open up all the time.

I know. I didn't get confirmation till last one closed.

Thanks, I'll have to keep up with that thread once I figure out if I can swing the travel costs.

Any new birdie whispers?

Thanks, I'll have to keep up with that thread once I figure out if I can swing the travel costs.

Any new birdie whispers?

What if the sign ups for the next MC were today? And it cost $400 to sign up.

Back