Royal Clan of Golfing Bears Get Fitted

Thegeneral451

King Linksbear
Reaction score
Handicap
Bad
France and Myself have an appt to get driver and Ball fitted at Golf Galaxy. $39.99 for both fittings so Its a good deal In my opinion. Its tomorrow after work so I will keep you all updated.

I am in the market for a full set of clubs so I have been testing them all lately and I am finding out I am going to be a Callaway player lol. I hit irons from all the top companies and I absolutely love the Razr X Tours. I will prolly get 5-PW.

Hit Drivers yesterday and it is a toss up Between The Adams UL 9880 (i think its called) and the Callaway Razr Hawk. But that is just based on feel and not any stats. I am hoping to hit a ton of drivers on the Monitor and get my results.

I'm very excited and Can't wait to buy myself a nice Xmas Present!

--Brad

Awesome! Getting fitted is so big for your game and that price is a steal

Yeah the Golf Galaxy employee said they are running it as a special, that the Driver Fitting is discounted.

Anyone have tips or suggestions to get the most out of the process??

So the big day came and went yesterday. We drove about 1hr15min to the golf galaxy to get fitted for driver and balls. In my opinion it was well worth the trip and the $39.99. It really saved me the money i would have spent trying a bunch of different balls out on my own and I have no experience hitting top end drivers so it really helped me get a feel for the different brands.

Their Launch monitor was broken so It wasn't an all-in-one fitting. Usually you hit the different balls with the drivers you chose and it collects all the data. We had to hit in their golf simulator which collected the same data as a launch monitor. The ball they had in the simulator was the Maxfli Revolution. I chose to hit: Adams Ultralite, Titleist 910D3, Callaway Razr Hawk, Callaway Diablo Octane, Adams Speedline 11, and when I was hitting the Tech suggested Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP so I hit that also. I have hit other brands at other times and eliminated a few based purely on feel (i.e. Ping, Cleveland, etc.)

I Started with the Adams UL stiff shaft 10.5* and I was pleased with the results I was getting but alot of the shots were way right. The tech said if my tendency is right that a lighter club head sometimes makes that tendency worse. After Hitting the Adams the tech suggested 9.5* drivers from there out based on ball speed and swing speed and launch angle.

From all the others I hit there were only 2 more that I recorded data on because the other just didn't feel right when hitting/swinging. So the List has been Narrowed to the Adams UL, Titleist 910D3 9.5*, Callaway Razr Hawk 9.5* (which felt good when I hit it earlier in the week).

So now Time for the Data:

Adams UL 10.5*: Distance-274yds, Carry-261yds, Launch-14*, Avg Ball Speed-158mph, Avg Deviation from center-27yds Right, Back Spin- 2466 rpm, Side Spin= -208

Titleist D3 9.5*: Dist-274yds, Carry-260yds, Launch-12*, Avg Ball Speed-159mph, Dev-23ft Right, Back Spin-2564 rpm, Side Spin= 134

Razr Hawk 9.5*: Dist-271yds, Carry-257, Launch-13*, Avg Ball Speed-158mph, Dev-42ft right, Back Spin-2674 rpm, Side Spin= -40

After the numbers were in and I swung all the ones I wanted it was clear to me that the Titleist was the standout. It felt good throughout the whole swing and very solid on impact. The ball seemed to just fly off the face and to see some of the numbers it was producing just made me smile 160+mph ball speed, around 110mph club head speed, and a few drives pushing the 300yd barrier (longest 297 i believe)

Then for the Ball Fitting they took the data from the driver you liked and imput into a computer data base. They asked you if distance or accuracy were more important *cough*Distance*cough* i went 60% distance 40% accuracy, then they asked you if you wanted more spin or less spin around the greens i went 60% more spin. The computer then generates the list for u based on Premium, Performance, and Value balls. It gives you 12 options ranked in each for "Best Fitting" and 12 of each for "Best Distance". The tech also showed me what the best ball for me was if i went accuracy (Srixon Z Star on the premium end)

Ball List (top 5 prem and perform)
Best Fitting Prem: Callaway Tour ix/iz, Nike one tour, Bridgestone B330, Callaway Tour i, Srixon Z Star.

Best Fitting Perform: Callaway Diablo, Callaway HX hot Plus, Nike One Vapor, Maxfli VT3, Nike Karma

Best Distance Prem: Callaway Tour ix/iz, Bridgestone B330, Nike One Tour, Titleist Pro V1, Maxfli C3 gold

Best Distance Perform: Callaway Diablo, Callaway HX hot Plus, Nike One Vapor, TM Burner TP, Maxfli VT3

It was an all around great experience and well worth it in my opinion. I hope to take this info to the course with me in the near future (I think I am on the tailend of my slazenger balls and I will be buying new clubs in October prolly). Thanks for listening to me ramble about the nerdy things I love :)

Thanks for the summary of your fitting. When are you going to pick up that driver?

Money wise I am looking at November prolly. Gonna go with the Titleist 910D3 9.5* with the Diamana Ahina stiff shaft. Hopefully it comes down a little in price by then but I doubt it. I dunno what I am doing for complete Setup but it will be the 910 driver and callaway Razr X tour irons. I was thinking about 2 mashies but I still need to hit them to see if I like them

I doubt that driver will drop much in price any time soon. Titleist doesn't release clubs as often as other brands.

which GG did you go to?

next time we play take a few shots with my Mashies to see how you like them

Money wise I am looking at November prolly. Gonna go with the Titleist 910D3 9.5* with the Diamana Ahina stiff shaft. Hopefully it comes down a little in price by then but I doubt it. I dunno what I am doing for complete Setup but it will be the 910 driver and callaway Razr X tour irons. I was thinking about 2 mashies but I still need to hit them to see if I like them

Went to the GG in Allentown, its a straight shot down the Turnpike. Yeah I need to hit the Mashies soon cus if I like them I want the 2 for $199 deal. If not I will prolly fill the top end of the set with the 910F and 910H. As for wedges I dunno yet, need to hit some to see what feels good, but if Callaway wedges feel anything like the irons ive hit i will prolly round of the set with Callaway JAWS 52* 56* 60*

Those are some really strong numbers with the drivers! I'm with Hawk though, I wouldn't have left without it.

Back