2011 Bridgestone E6 Golf Ball Review

The E6 works great for me, night and day difference from any other ball I tried.
Mr. E6 got rid of my fade off the tee which always put me in the right side 1st cut rough or into the rough!
I'm right down the center and got a few more yards too!

Well now, something interesting happened. I received a couple sleeves of Titleist Pro V1's logo balls from a vendor that has been sitting in one of my bag pockets for a year. I ran out of E6's so I decided to whack a few Pro V1's. They are not supposed to be suited for my slower senior swing speed of 75-80 mph but hey they went straight down the middle time after time and felt good off the face of my Ping K15 driver! Nice ball!

The old E6's were WAY better. Nice feeling, inexpensive, 3-piece ball. Now it is hard as a rock and looks like crap.

Bridgestone doesn't pay me, so that is my honest opinion.

The old E6's were WAY better. Nice feeling, inexpensive, 3-piece ball. Now it is hard as a rock and looks like crap.

They don't pay me either, but I don't agree that they are hard as a rock. They have a very soft core. The cover is similar to other surlyn balls on the market.

I'm not a huge fan of the looks either, but I couldn't see it at address.

If Bstone could make a surlyn cover that has some urethane properties to it then that would be a killer ball. I like the e6 but I don;t like the roll out I get on the green. But its a great ball of the tee

They don't pay me either, but I don't agree that they are hard as a rock. They have a very soft core. The cover is similar to other surlyn balls on the market.

I'm not a huge fan of the looks either, but I couldn't see it at address.

It runs out a bit more for me, but I can stop it with trajectory in a decent amount of time. It's a compromise imo.

Noone gets paid here.

After gaming the E6 and Q-Star side by side for a few weeks, I have decided that I like the E6 a lot more. Its great upside is how well it has straightened out my slight fade off the tee box, but its downside is the lack of spin generated in approach shots and chipping but with enough play time you can start to anticipate how its going to spin and compensate for it. Another major plus for me is the colors that are offered in the ball, I really dig the orange.

After gaming the E6 and Q-Star side by side for a few weeks, I have decided that I like the E6 a lot more. Its great upside is how well it has straightened out my slight fade off the tee box, but its downside is the lack of spin generated in approach shots and chipping but with enough play time you can start to anticipate how its going to spin and compensate for it. Another major plus for me is the colors that are offered in the ball, I really dig the orange.

The orange is a sick looking and performing ball man.

I'm not real sure how anyone can see this as "Hard as a rock", but to each their own. If I remember right this ball has a reconfigured surlyn cover, softening properties added. Its not a Penta or B330-RXS in terms of soft and spin, but works well when those greens are extra soft.

I have to put my $.02 in. I bought a dozen of the yellows a few weeks back. Now maybe its personal preference, but i am trying to give them away after 3 rounds with them. IMHO, they feel "clunky" and a step down maybe from NXT Tour? I may be way off, but that just what i think

They are not paying me either but I disagree on them being as hard as a rock. I was fitting for, both in a online fitting and a live fitting for the B330RX and while I love the ball, I don't really love the price, so I gave the e6 a go and I really love the current ball. I'm a little longer off the tee with the ball with the driver and while it does not have the total spin around the green as the B330RX, it is still possible to spin the ball which gives me the stopping power I want.

This ball is a very good ball for me as another option other than the B330RX. Bridgestone has done well with both balls and I'm very impressed with both.

I have to put my $.02 in. I bought a dozen of the yellows a few weeks back. Now maybe its personal preference, but i am trying to give them away after 3 rounds with them. IMHO, they feel "clunky" and a step down maybe from NXT Tour? I may be way off, but that just what i think

I'll take em! :act-up:

They are not paying me either but I disagree on them being as hard as a rock. I was fitting for, both in a online fitting and a live fitting for the B330RX and while I love the ball, I don't really love the price, so I gave the e6 a go and I really love the current ball. I'm a little longer off the tee with the ball with the driver and while it does not have the total spin around the green as the B330RX, it is still possible to spin the ball which gives me the stopping power I want.

This ball is a very good ball for me as another option other than the B330RX. Bridgestone has done well with both balls and I'm very impressed with both.

Is that the only difference with the B330-RX - that it spins a little more? I love the e6 but have been reading great things about the RX.

No, they are very different balls.

Both are fairly soft in compression, but the e6 is softer (I'm almost 100% sure of that). The e6 is also designed to limit side spin and has the dual dimple design.

The RX is a Tour level ball with a soft urethane cover. It will spin much more than the e6 around the green.

FWIW, I can stop both of them on the green with trajectory, but the RX is much spinnier and stops faster.

Doesn't the RX reduce side spin as well?

The E6 has been my ball of choice this year. I backed up an E6 last night about a foot. I played 18 with one ball last night and it still has a few holes left before it needs to be replaced.

I've played 12 holes with the Q Star, but I am not changing.

Back