Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

Is the general consensus that these bills have more or comparable distance to the E6? I played them today and thought they were pretty comparable in distance maybe a bit shorter than the e6 but the increase in spin around the green is very noticeable

Is the general consensus that these bills have more or comparable distance to the E6? I played them today and thought they were pretty comparable in distance maybe a bit shorter than the e6 but the increase in spin around the green is very noticeable

thats what it is sounding like seth, great distance like the e6 but with better spin around the green.

I have played them for two rounds now. Definitely shorter than the E7 but they do go straighter, like the E6. Seem to check up well on greens and good off the putter.

First complete 18 with the Q-Star. Positives were that I enjoyed putting, chipping and hitting any kind of wedge shots with this ball. As others have stated chips seemed to hit hop and stop. The Negatives....seems to be much shorter off the tee (ie 10-15 yds) I generally avg around 235-240 total with my Z-Star driver and the Penta TP. The results with the Q-star was 200-215 range. I'm short enough off the tee and really don't want to be giving up any more yardage. Ball flight seemed fine and dispersion with the driver was in my normal range. Just for fun, I hit my Penta on the 18th par 5 and hit my longest drive of the day 246. Still will give these some more usage (since I bought a dozen), but right now I'd say the Pentas are still in the bag.

Ok looked at my z and q side by side, and the color is the same, but not the paint job. The z has a metallic paint for sure where the q is flat yellow. I hadn't had a chance to look side by side until now. I had suspected that earlier though.

i played this ball last thursday and today aand love it. i will be gaming it for a long time...atleast the rest of the summer.

Had my first round with the Q-Stars on Sunday. All in all these are great balls and lived up to every bit of the hype. I had a few shots where I thought there was no way the ball was going to make it to the green but it just kept going and going and made it there.
Now I just need to work on putting with these. The Q-Stars definetly spring off of the putterface more than the other distance balls that Im used to using.

Picked up a dozen of these yesterday thanks to some clubhouse cred... I got the Yellow too. Dude I am loving these! My only complaint is they can sound kind of clicky but I notice its mostly when I've not struck the ball well. All in all though I'm very pleased with these. I haven't gotten a ton of spin out of them greenside, but I don't generate much spin anyway on many pitch shots. All in all though I'm extremely pleased with the durability, feel and look of these.

I questioned, they answered.

Ok looked at my z and q side by side, and the color is the same, but not the paint job. The z has a metallic paint for sure where the q is flat yellow. I hadn't had a chance to look side by side until now. I had suspected that earlier though.
I tend to like the Q's color better. you?

The color isnt the same. The Qs are yellow like range balls, whereas the Zs have more of a greenish color to them.

The color isnt the same. The Qs are yellow like range balls, whereas the Zs have more of a greenish color to them.
I also find the QStar to be more visible from a far.

Yes, I agree with you. I said I had looked at them side by side and that wasn't really true. I had looked at a z and put it in my truck and then bought a sleeve of q's and thought that, but I was more looking for the metal flake on the z compared to the q. But now that I see them side by side the q is more yellow for sure. I actually prefer the color of the z better....butnnot forthe difference in price :)

I played with them for a quick 9 on Saturday. I like them a lot, and they seemed very similar to the E6 from my experience. I think in terms of which will be in my bag between this and the E6 will almost entirely depend on which is on sale for cheaper whenever I am buying balls next.

I played a round with these today and will buy more. For a distance ball I liked them quite a bit. Between these and the new driver I was hitting a lot more wedges into the green and that's a good thing.

Yes, I agree with you. I said I had looked at them side by side and that wasn't really true. I had looked at a z and put it in my truck and then bought a sleeve of q's and thought that, but I was more looking for the metal flake on the z compared to the q. But now that I see them side by side the q is more yellow for sure. I actually prefer the color of the z better....butnnot forthe difference in price :)
I like the color of the Zs better too but I love everything else about the Qs.

Golfgalaxy.com deal alert- Q-Stars for $19.99/doz + free shipping with coupon code AUG20FS (good through tomorrow 8/25).

picked up 2 sleeves of Yellow QStar today for Sat round. :D

I really hope these guys go as straight as the e6 for me. and as good as the e5 around the green. I really enjoy the Yellow color on the QStar.

Golfgalaxy.com deal alert- Q-Stars for $19.99/doz + free shipping with coupon code AUG20FS (good through tomorrow 8/25).

Just ordered a dozen, thanks for that code

Dang it. I really wanna give these balls a try but I am on a Bridgestone/Srixon strike until they start making lefty clubs...lol That is a good deal though.

I like the yellow q stars but I like the callaway tour I s better, but for $25 ill def game them

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Dang it. I really wanna give these balls a try but I am on a Bridgestone/Srixon strike until they start making lefty clubs...lol That is a good deal though.

I'm a lefty as well, and love the Srixon balls - Trispeed, Z-Star, and I just bought a sleeve of the Q-Star a half hour ago for this weekend's round. I have it on good authority that EVERY ball that Srixon makes is a left handed ball. But they work fine for the Righties too.

I'm a lefty as well, and love the Srixon balls - Trispeed, Z-Star, and I just bought a sleeve of the Q-Star a half hour ago for this weekend's round. I have it on good authority that EVERY ball that Srixon makes is a left handed ball. But they work fine for the Righties too.

haha thats funny. Question for you have been playing this ball and use the Jaws wedges, are you still seeing a good amount of spin around the greens, the Jaws will spin about any ball but im just curious what to expect, i put a ton of spin on the ball with my wedge shots so a little less spin than the Zstar or tour iZ ball would be ideal.

haha thats funny. Question for you have been playing this ball and use the Jaws wedges, are you still seeing a good amount of spin around the greens, the Jaws will spin about any ball but im just curious what to expect, i put a ton of spin on the ball with my wedge shots so a little less spin than the Zstar or tour iZ ball would be ideal.

I'll post in this thread once I get a chance to try out the Q-Stars. I will probably get out to practice chipping on Thursday evening, and my round in a tournament is on Friday. It's one of those 4 man best ball scramble rounds, but i should get an opportunity to put the Q-Star to a good test.

I had an online conversation with a customer service rep at srixon.com yesterday. His thoughts were that the Q-Star would be somewhat harder in feel than the Z-Star, be longer off the tee, and offer a bit less spin on approach shots (as compared to the Z-Star). My thoughs on the iZ is that I like the length on full shots but I wish it would check up a bit better around the green. IF the Q-Star has the distance of the iZ and at least 85% of the stopping power of the Z-Star, then it would be the perfect ball for me.

I'll post in this thread once I get a chance to try out the Q-Stars. I will probably get out to practice chipping on Thursday evening, and my round in a tournament is on Friday. It's one of those 4 man best ball scramble rounds, but i should get an opportunity to put the Q-Star to a good test.

I had an online conversation with a customer service rep at srixon.com yesterday. His thoughts were that the Q-Star would be somewhat harder in feel than the Z-Star, be longer off the tee, and offer a bit less spin on approach shots (as compared to the Z-Star). My thoughs on the iZ is that I like the length on full shots but I wish it would check up a bit better around the green. IF the Q-Star has the distance of the iZ and at least 85% of the stopping power of the Z-Star, then it would be the perfect ball for me.

interesting, i cant wait to get these, hopefully golfgalaxy ships pretty quick, i dont think i have ever ordered from them online

interesting, i cant wait to get these, hopefully golfgalaxy ships pretty quick, i dont think i have ever ordered from them online

They ship pretty quickly I think it took like 3 days for me.

On a side note, I am still really enjoying these balls. They have become my second favorite to my UV X3 balls from vision. I have easily replaced the e6 with the qstar and I think anyone who is on the fence should test a sleeve out for sure.

Back