2009 Cleveland Free Iron Set Trade -In Program

EJ333

Reaction score
Handicap
In 2009 I purchased a set of Cleveland XLI irons that I no longer use. I believe I have till the end of this year to trade in for a new set of HB3 irons. Has anyone utilized this program ? What was your experience ? Is there any way I can pay an up charge and get a set of the Black Irons instead ?

Last edited:
In 2009 I purchased a set of Cleveland HB2 irons that I no longer use. I believe I have till the end of this year to trade in for a new set of HB3 irons. Has anyone utilized this program ? What was your experience ? Is there any way I can pay an up charge and get a set of the Black Irons instead ?

You could always get the new HB3 irons, sell them new, use that money towards a new set of Black Irons. Kind of the same idea as paying for an upgrade.

I thought the promotion was 2010 for 2011 irons? Am I not remembering that correctly?

In 2009 I purchased a set of Cleveland HB2 irons that I no longer use. I believe I have till the end of this year to trade in for a new set of HB3 irons. Has anyone utilized this program ? What was your experience ? Is there any way I can pay an up charge and get a set of the Black Irons instead ?

I don't recall an HB2 iron. I know there were the HiBore irons then the HiBore XLIs then the HB3s. I do not recall a promo on the HiBore XLI irons, I would check with Cleveland customer service.

Sorry for the confusion, they are called the XLI irons. Yeah, I thought that I could just get the trade-in for the HB3, then sell them and use the cash for something else like the Black Irons. However, it would be a lot easier if I could just pay an up charge, and make things a lot easier.

Back