THP Fantasy Football Draft Night Thread

Touche. Funny I called ESPN to sort this out actually. Waited 15 minutes on hold just to talk to someone...

What was the problem? Not enough plutonium for your flux capacitor?

tap on deez

Here is team Get off my Ditka

QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB
RB Jahvid Best, Det RB P
RB/WR Darren Sproles, NO RB
WR Mike Williams, TB WR
WR Mario Manningham, NYG WR
TE Chris Cooley, Wsh TE
D/ST Dolphins D/ST D/ST
K Josh Brown, StL K

BENCH Wk 1 2010 SEASON WEEK 1
Bench Malcom Floyd, SD WR
Bench Ryan Torain, Wsh RB
Bench Roscoe Parrish, Buf WR
Bench David Garrard, Jac QB
Bench Jermaine Gresham, Cin TE
Bench Jason Hill, Jac WR
Bench Earnest Graham, TB RB

I wonder if Choice is going to make the team this year. Heard some rumblings that he could be cut

It's called thinking outside the box

I am pretty sure he will make the team. The Cowboys know Felix is fragile and has not played a complete season yet, so they will need him.

Thanks. I think my draft went a little better then last year and some luck always helps.

I looked through our whole league last night. You seem to have the team to beat on paper

Here is team Get off my Ditka

QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB
RB Jahvid Best, Det RB P
RB/WR Darren Sproles, NO RB
WR Mike Williams, TB WR
WR Mario Manningham, NYG WR
TE Chris Cooley, Wsh TE
D/ST Dolphins D/ST D/ST
K Josh Brown, StL K

BENCH Wk 1 2010 SEASON WEEK 1
Bench Malcom Floyd, SD WR
Bench Ryan Torain, Wsh RB
Bench Roscoe Parrish, Buf WR
Bench David Garrard, Jac QB
Bench Jermaine Gresham, Cin TE
Bench Jason Hill, Jac WR
Bench Earnest Graham, TB RB

I think Manningham has a big year....

League 2 had a crazy run of QB's drafted from mid round 1 through round 2. Picks 8, 10, 11, 15, 17, 19, 24, 36, 39 were all QB's taken before I had my 3rd pick, HAHA. Needless to say, QB was not a big priority at that point since all of the high end guys were long gone. I ended up with D Bowe in the 3rd, and K Moreno in the 4th so I am very happy with that talent. Moreno is going to be a monster this year if healthy! I got servicable QB's in Cassel and Flacco, so it wasn't too bad.

I sure hope so. I dont love my team by any means, but this was my first draft with more than 10 people. If I do well great, if not the trash talking will make this league well worth it for me.

I agree. I wanted him on my roster and Get of my Ditka picked him a few spots ahead of me.

League 2 had a crazy run of QB's drafted from mid round 1 through round 2. Picks 8, 10, 11, 15, 17, 19, 24, 36, 39 were all QB's taken before I had my 3rd pick, HAHA. Needless to say, QB was not a big priority at that point since all of the high end guys were long gone. I ended up with D Bowe in the 3rd, and K Moreno in the 4th so I am very happy with that talent. Moreno is going to be a monster this year if healthy! I got servicable QB's in Cassel and Flacco, so it wasn't too bad.

League 2 draft was a series of runs. Lots of good teams out there, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Last night was so much fun!!! I have never been in a 16 team league and it really makes you think. I feel like I had a pretty successful night, there are some picks I made that I regret a little but we will see.

My Squadron:

LeSean McCoy
Mike Wallace
Miles Austin
Santonio Holmes
Owen Daniels
Daniel Thomas
Eli Manning
Steve Smith-not the Panthers Steve Smith
Ladanian T
Jason Campbell
Larod Stephens Howling
D Mason
Michael Jenkins
Todd Heap
Cowboys
Olindo Mare

I swear all night I was dreaming about FF and players and rosters, it was a nightmare!

Oh and I blame TC for my crappy last pick. He got me all flustered because he was yelling at me to hurry up, that's right I saw you yelling at me in the chat, not cool TC, not cool.

I still can't believe you didn't take Josh Morgan with your last pick.

Good luck to everyone. League 2 draft last night did not go as expected but I still feel pretty solid with my team:
1. QB- Phillip Rivers
2. WR-Larry Fitzgerald
3. RB- BenJavarus Green-Ellis
4. WR-Plaxico Burress
5. RB- Jonathon Stewart
6. WR-Johnny Knox
7. D - Steelers
8. TE- Greg Olsen
9. WR- Michael Crabtree
10. RB- Cadillac Williams
11. QB- Cam Newton
12. RB- Alex Green
13. K- Adam Vinatieri
14. WR-Emmanual Sanders
15. TE- Heath Miller
16. RB- Isaac Redman

League 2 draft was a series of runs. Lots of good teams out there, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Yeah, there are 4 or 5 teams that stand out to me, but that is only on paper. It will be interesting to see. The talent is so diluted after round 10, you have to find a couple of diamonds in the rough or draft a backup and hope the starter gets hurt.

Yeah, there are 4 or 5 teams that stand out to me, but that is only on paper. It will be interesting to see. The talent is so diluted after round 10, you have to find a couple of diamonds in the rough or draft a backup and hope the starter gets hurt.

Unless you have the starter! HAHA

Draft was a blast last night. This is what I finished up with, and I think it is pretty good, but we'll see.

QB's: Matt Ryan, Colt McCoy
RB's: Adrian Peterson, Mark Ingram, Derrick Ward, Tashard Choice
WR's: Dwayne Bowe, Dez Bryant, Johnny Knox, Hines Ward, Donald Driver, Josh Cribbs
TE's: Kellen Winslow, Anthony Fasano
D/ST: Baltimore Ravens
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Draft was a blast last night. This is what I finished up with, and I think it is pretty good, but we'll see.

WR's: Dwayne Bowe, Dez Bryant, Johnny Knox, Hines Ward, Donald Driver, Josh Cribbs

For a 16 team league that looks like a pretty good team there.. Nice job!!

Yorkem,

I got Matt Ryan too. I think if he stays health, he will be a great QB. I hope he stays healthy for my sake. HAHA

I like your team, can we trade teams?

One-T has a solid receiving corps!

I think they took him last year, but don't recall.

Thanks buddy, that was my game plan because good RB's are few and far between

I had the same thoughts in mind. If Bradshaw wasnt available I wouldve gone WR/WR with my second two picks.

Good draft Yorkem!

Being that it is PPR and RBs aren't used as much as they were in the early 00s for catching passes, WR have quite a bit of value in this league.

For a 16 team league that looks like a pretty good team there.. Nice job!!

Thanks buddy. First time in a league this size. It was really tough after the first few rounds. I thought I knew football pretty well, but you get to round 15 and I was lost.

Yorkem,

I got Matt Ryan too. I think if he stays health, he will be a great QB. I hope he stays healthy for my sake. HAHA

I think he is going to have an awesome year. He is definitely on the upswing for his career, IMO.

I like your team, can we trade teams?

I like your team too bro, but I am going to stick with mine...until they start to suck. Check back with me after week 3...hahaha

Rumors are swirling about a possible deal involving Rex Grossman and Jay Cutler.

Back