Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Just an update, I still love my 910. I am seeing pretty good distance on hits that are not quite on the sweet spot. They are going farther than I expect and I have not been hitting the ball too well lately with my driver. I still swear by this thing. The distance has been impressive. I have been playing in a new league and people have been impressed by my driving (probably helps that I am a little dude). People have been asking about my driver and what kind it is. This thing is helping to make me look good.

I do know about blind9(and I figured it was them-but don't know names) and looked on there but saw no Titleist drivers. But what about cost? was a deal cut for you?
SKIMMER lol, just call them or PM Patty on here and she can get you a price, not sure why they dont have them on their website but they can get anything titleist you want.
Just an update, I still love my 910. I am seeing pretty good distance on hits that are not quite on the sweet spot. They are going farther than I expect and I have not been hitting the ball too well lately with my driver. I still swear by this thing. The distance has been impressive. I have been playing in a new league and people have been impressed by my driving (probably helps that I am a little dude). People have been asking about my driver and what kind it is. This thing is helping to make me look good.

I agree SethO, it kind of shocks me seeing JB's LM data saying this is so far behind others on off center hits because im just not seeing that

Where have you noticed the sweet spot being, low, middle or high on the face?

Where have you noticed the sweet spot being, low, middle or high on the face?

slighty high of center and a little toward the toe for me, everytime i hit it there the ball just flat out goes

For me, it is right in the middle of the face and perhaps a little top of middle. I have found that the ball just goes for me even when I get too high on the face.

Update- so I was losing a lot of drives right, sometimes with a nasty slice. Basically I was bending the Kai'li 65 regular flex too much. I ordered a Project-X 7D3, took it out for 18 yesterday and I was bombing with a slight draw (which has always been my drive shape). I think I found my perfect combo with this shaft and B2 setting :)

Update- so I was losing a lot of drives right, sometimes with a nasty slice. Basically I was bending the Kai'li 65 regular flex too much. I ordered a Project-X 7D3, took it out for 18 yesterday and I was bombing with a slight draw (which has always been my drive shape). I think I found my perfect combo with this shaft and B2 setting :)

Hey this dawg is the best coon hound out of the litter dude!!!!!!! It will hunt no doubt!

For me, it is right in the middle of the face and perhaps a little top of middle. I have found that the ball just goes for me even when I get too high on the face.

Me too when I had it. If you're someone who tends to hit their driver high on the face, the D2 is one of the best ones out there oddly enough (honourable mention to the 9064, Machspeed and K15)

Me too when I had it. If you're someone who tends to hit their driver high on the face, the D2 is one of the best ones out there oddly enough (honourable mention to the 9064, Machspeed and K15)

Ironically we just did launch monitor testing with this (high on the club face), RAZR Hawk, G20, R11 and Z-Star and the numbers said otherwise.

Hey this dawg is the best coon hound out of the litter dude!!!!!!! It will hunt no doubt!

haha nice OG, hunting fairways is its job! Im playing in the morning and just did a grip change, cant wait to get back out there.

Ironically we just did launch monitor testing with this (high on the club face), RAZR Hawk, G20, R11 and Z-Star and the numbers said otherwise.

Fair enough JB. I've haven''t got my hands on the Z Star or G20 as of yet so have no backing on these. I didn't find the G15 particularly nice high up though nor the R11. The Rawk Hawk I didn't give a fair shake to, I'm willing to admit. I dislike the head weight of the regular model a lot and can't stand the RIP shaft. I'm trying to find a tour version with a Kai'li or Xcon in it because I get the feeling I'm missing out.

My results seemed to be pretty good, not great, high on the face with the 910. Or at least better then other models I had numbers on at the time (G15, Diablo Edge, Burner 09, S3)

I would also agree its great high on the face, thats why im so puzzled with JB's monitor testing, high on the face and toe shots are very forgiving for me and i dont see much in distance loss like he is seeing.

Fair enough JB. I've haven''t got my hands on the Z Star or G20 as of yet so have no backing on these. I didn't find the G15 particularly nice high up though nor the R11. The Rawk Hawk I didn't give a fair shake to, I'm willing to admit. I dislike the head weight of the regular model a lot and can't stand the RIP shaft. I'm trying to find a tour version with a Kai'li or Xcon in it because I get the feeling I'm missing out.

Ironically as much as the R11 does not work for me personally, it trounced the 910D2 in forgiveness high on the club face (based only in launch monitor figures). Putting the drivers head to head with the same shaft, showed as much as 30 yards less distance achieved missing high or heel/toe compared to other drivers on the market.

I would also agree its great high on the face, thats why im so puzzled with JB's monitor testing, high on the face and toe shots are very forgiving for me and i dont see much in distance loss like he is seeing.

Honest question. Have you hit the driver with the same shaft against other drivers on a launch monitor out on the course? Or even out on the course without a launch monitor? I honestly found the R11 to be the least forgiving driver out of all the 2011 drivers I had hit, but the launch monitor on a tee box on an open par 5 says otherwise. And when you see the low spin and design of this driver, it makes perfect sense.

Honest question. Have you hit the driver with the same shaft against other drivers on a launch monitor out on the course? Or even out on the course without a launch monitor? I honestly found the R11 to be the least forgiving driver out of all the 2011 drivers I had hit, but the launch monitor on a tee box on an open par 5 says otherwise. And when you see the low spin and design of this driver, it makes perfect sense.

Not on a LM but I have hit the R11 with RIP and my D2 with RIP out on course and the R11 is by far the worst in forgiveness, I had the Zstar as well but it had the Dromos and not the RIP and I still got better results on misshits with the D2. Im not doubting what your seeing with the LM its just hard to imagine it when im seeing something totally different, you think the D2 is just a better overall fit for me and thats why im not seeing what your are? Its given me the best results out of any driver ever so I know its a good fit.

Not on a LM but I have hit the R11 with RIP and my D2 with RIP out on course and the R11 is by far the worst in forgiveness, I had the Zstar as well but it had the Dromos and not the RIP and I still got better results on misshits with the D2. Im not doubting what your seeing with the LM its just hard to imagine it when im seeing something totally different, you think the D2 is just a better overall fit for me and thats why im not seeing what your are? Its given me the best results out of any driver ever so I know its a good fit.

Honestly no I dont. But I am glad you are enjoying it.
I would be glad to do a little test with you at the outing on the launch monitor though and we could see exactly which one works. And I would be willing to bet on the forgiveness side of just about any driver out this year. The low spin and design of both the R11 and D2 leave it almost impossible to offer the forgiveness distance of a WHOLE LOT of other drivers on the market.

It is really cool because the launch of this driver when set at an individuals optimum position is so freaking cool and works so good it's scary!

I should add, that it is not a knock on this driver or the R11. Tons of people like them. However neither are all that forgiving.

I would be glad to do a little test with you at the outing on the launch monitor though and we could see exactly which one works. And I would be willing to bet on the forgiveness side of just about any driver out this year. The low spin and design of both the R11 and D2 leave it almost impossible to offer the forgiveness distance of a WHOLE LOT of other drivers on the market.

I cut my driver down to 44 inches, added the 3 gram weight with a mid sized winn grip and have hit more fairways than I have thought possible.......

I would love to do that, Im sure there is more forgiving drivers out there, no doubt about that, I am just seeing great forgiveness in the D2 and from the sounds of it it shouldnt be as forgiving as im seeing lol. Looking forward to seeing some cold hard numbers though, its going to be raining facts in 2012 lol

I cut my driver down to 44 inches, added the 3 gram weight with a mid sized winn grip and have hit more fairways than I have thought possible.......

To be honest though gray, you have not compared apples to apples. You are comparing apples to oranges. I love to see drivers working. To me that is all that matters. But I hate hearing people give out facts that are just not correct such as comparing two drivers in a test and declaring one better, when they are different lofts, or different lengths, etc...

Not that anybody in this thread has done that, but it happens all the time. Hence the reason in our test on a monitor to give hard numbers, we used the same loft and exact same shaft in every head.

I will put up $100.00 on my tee shot on the new course that I do not miss the #1 fairway......... Anybody want that bet?

I will put up $100.00 on my tee shot on the new course that I do not miss the #1 fairway......... Anybody want that bet?

haha i would take that bet you dont hit every fairway hehe
edit: you edited it on me lol, at first it didnt say #1 fairway

A launch monitor is these days essential when getting a new driver.

When I bought my D2 I just hit balls and only compared the RIP to the Ahina, and didn't go on a monitor. I bought the RIP and wasn't comfortable with it. Sure some days I'd hit a great tee shot, but that was the exception not the norm.

Eventually went to a range with a trackman and they got me to try a number of combos from heavier stiffer shafts to lighter ones.

Ended up in a shaft that I never thought twice about - the Kai'Li. Turns out this is great for me. Launches really nice, and yesterday it helped me hit 64% or so of fairways on the way to a 76.

Have also bought the 15* Fd with this shaft and set it at 16.5* and it's just a fairway finding machine.

So yeah, always get on a monitor and compare as much as you can when looking for a new driver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ironically as much as the R11 does not work for me personally, it trounced the 910D2 in forgiveness high on the club face (based only in launch monitor figures). Putting the drivers head to head with the same shaft, showed as much as 30 yards less distance achieved missing high or heel/toe compared to other drivers on the market.

I bow to the numbers here (I love club stats a disturbing amount). My experience with them was with different shafts which probably had a large bearing on what I saw. Not my ideal test or what I'm trying to do these days but it was what I had at the time.

One of these days I want my own LM and a better test shop.

Back