TaylorMade R11 Irons Reviews

I hate that shaft and feel that's what kept me from liking the CB's more. the stock KBS Tour 90's in these though? Oh I bet they're nice....going to GG this weekend to do some hitting of their new arrivals since the weather is iffy so I'll hit these as well.
I'm with you there. Not a fan of that shaft and think the KBS are miles better. Looking forward to hearing what you think about the R11s.

Im a big fan of the KBS Tour 90 also. Its felt great each time Ive tried it.

Its killing me having enough money in my outing account to buy these lol, must resist for the outing!

I think it could work but you might have to go with stiff. I do like a lighter shaft. hehe

I dunno about retire but maybe push out? I hit both 6 irons last week at Golf Galaxy inside. They were very similar as far as distance with a slight nod to the R11's. I thought feel wise the R11's felt amazing. And I seemed to get a tad more height on my shots with the R11's which isnt a bad thing. I couldnt get hard numbers though since its always busy and they never have the SIM set up for that.

Nice dude. They feel like no other iron I have ever hit, which I like. I'm still not completely sure of distances for each iron, but I think they are longer than my TB's.

John Deere Tappin...

I've never hit a KBS shaft and I'm looking forward to it. I was talking with a Taylormade Customer Service person on the phone a couple weeks ago, and he made a point of saying that the stock shaft in the R11 irons is not the KBS Tour 90, but rather the KBS 90. His distinction being that the stock shaft is Parallel Tip and not Taper Tip. I don't think the KBS website makes that distinction when I look at their products page, so it's probably just semantics. On facebook, KBS states that the stock shaft in the R11 irons is the KBS 90P - and I assume P means parallel tip.

In any case, I probably can't tell the difference between a taper and parallel tip, and I'm looking forward to my receipt of the R11 irons and comparing them to the Taylormade TP CBs that I now play.

Really is a sweet shaft. I couldn't be happier. When I was deciding on shafts the graphite matrix felt friggin fantastic at impact, but it performed just as good as the kbs tour 90 as far as ball flight and distance.

I love the lighter shafts, it feels easier to get the ball up IMO.

I've never hit a KBS shaft and I'm looking forward to it. I was talking with a Taylormade Customer Service person on the phone a couple weeks ago, and he made a point of saying that the stock shaft in the R11 irons is not the KBS Tour 90, but rather the KBS 90. His distinction being that the stock shaft is Parallel Tip and not Taper Tip. I don't think the KBS website makes that distinction when I look at their products page, so it's probably just semantics. On facebook, KBS states that the stock shaft in the R11 irons is the KBS 90P - and I assume P means parallel tip.

In any case, I probably can't tell the difference between a taper and parallel tip, and I'm looking forward to my receipt of the R11 irons and comparing them to the Taylormade TP CBs that I now play.

Really good info and I didn't know that. I agree with you probably something that I'd never be able to tell the difference. Anyway look forward to you'r thoughts when you get the new sticks.

Tapatalk: even romosexuals use it

Really interested to hear your comparisons to the CB's Rob, I have yet to give the R11's a hit but I plan on heading to GG this weekend to do so for fun. Let us know how the KBS compares to the DGXP (I have the DGXP's in my CB's as well).

UHHH, so went in today to pick up my clubs. He opens the box and says, "Did you end up going with the KBS shafts?"... that wasn't a good thing to hear. Taylormade sent the wrong clubs. The box and packign slip had the right set on them, that just wasn't the set in the box. They sent me a 3-PW set wtih the KBS 90 Stiff. I ordered a 4-AW with TT Dynalite XP s300. That is what the packing slip said on it, they just put the wrong clubs in the box, huge dissapointment. Unfortunatly the story gets worse from there. When he called Taylormade, the office was closed friday-monday. How do you close your offices for four days when launching a new set of irons? He then calls his rep, whose voicemail says he is out of town for the weekend... and to call the customer service line.

So basically he can do nothing to get me the right clubs until tuesday. He said he will get them to next day them, and go to bat for me to get them to throw in some free stuff. I understand them being closed on monday for the holiday, but closing down all day on a friday really sucks. I am playing in an outing next saturday, I will get no chance to dial in the distances before the round.

UHHH, so went in today to pick up my clubs. He opens the box and says, "Did you end up going with the KBS shafts?"... that wasn't a good thing to hear. Taylormade sent the wrong clubs. The box and packign slip had the right set on them, that just wasn't the set in the box. They sent me a 3-PW set wtih the KBS 90 Stiff. I ordered a 4-AW with TT Dynalite XP s300. That is what the packing slip said on it, they just put the wrong clubs in the box, huge dissapointment. Unfortunatly the story gets worse from there. When he called Taylormade, the office was closed friday-monday. How do you close your offices for four days when launching a new set of irons? He then calls his rep, whose voicemail says he is out of town for the weekend... and to call the customer service line.

So basically he can do nothing to get me the right clubs until tuesday. He said he will get them to next day them, and go to bat for me to get them to throw in some free stuff. I understand them being closed on monday for the holiday, but closing down all day on a friday really sucks. I am playing in an outing next saturday, I will get no chance to dial in the distances before the round.

that sucks but just be glad you are getting new R11 irons dude, i would kill for a set lol

Oh I am happy I'm getting them, absolutely ecstatic about it. But I feel like I woke up on Christmas morning, and found out santa wasn't coming until new years.

It's just a minor setback, still getting some awesome irons. I just wish they were open today, probably could get them by tuesday or wednesday. Now I'll be lucky to get them by thursday. I leave town on friday and am playing with a bunch of THPers on Saturday, was hoping to show them off. Lol, I almost just wanted to take the irons that were there.

I wonder how that shaft would work for me... You like the lighter shafts? Something about TM clubs usually just doesnt jive me me on the course, I don't know if I could pull the trigger on these. As great as I saw everyone hitting them.

Oh I am happy I'm getting them, absolutely ecstatic about it. But I feel like I woke up on Christmas morning, and found out santa wasn't coming until new years.

It's just a minor setback, still getting some awesome irons. I just wish they were open today, probably could get them by tuesday or wednesday. Now I'll be lucky to get them by thursday. I leave town on friday and am playing with a bunch of THPers on Saturday, was hoping to show them off. Lol, I almost just wanted to take the irons that were there.

That does suck. Hopefully they get some to you ASAP.

lol i dont blame ya, its better to wait the extra week and get the correct setup you ordered though IMO, i know how hard it is waiting on clubs, it drives me crazy

Wakeriderof87 -

I'm sorry to hear about the clubs mixup. That is truly a bummer. It also means that some other customer probably got your custom set sent to them by mistake.

I know you're upset about your order getting messed up, but I bolded the last part of your post for a reason. 6 of us in the Morgan Cup were in the same position, and things turned out OK. The main thing you should concentrate on is having fun playing golf with other THPers!

I got these out on the course again this afternoon. It still amazes me how easy these are to hit. The ballflight is higher than my old irons, so I'm still getting used to that. I think I've picked up a few yards with these irons compared to my Tour Burners. I am going to play a lot of golf this weekend and hope to get all of the distances ironed out. As far as working the ball goes, I tried a few different shots today. My stock swing with these seems to be a small draw. I tried fading a few shots into a green and it wasn't too bad. I was able to work a small fade in, but a couple managed to stay straight. This doesn't really bother me as I tend to rely on straighter shots. I'm still amazed at how these irons feel. More info to come and hopefully a few vids....

I know you're upset about your order getting messed up, but I bolded the last part of your post for a reason. 6 of us in the Morgan Cup were in the same position, and things turned out OK. The main thing you should concentrate on is having fun playing golf with other THPers!

It's really no biggie, just was a major letdown when he opened them up and they weren't my clubs. Mistakes happen, at least I didn't sell off my old clubs first.

I am still shocked that Taylormade would be closed for 4 straight days the day after a major product release, that seems really odd.

Nice dude. They feel like no other iron I have ever hit, which I like. I'm still not completely sure of distances for each iron, but I think they are longer than my TB's.

John Deere Tappin...

What shaft did you have in your TB's before you had the R11's?

That must feel awful, I am sure they will next day air them to you, if it's a special custom order just ask for em to be set to your house.

It is a holiday weekend intheus, but ican understand your frustration.

While I was in GG today I ask one of the sales guys how the R11 irons were selling and he said this: I havent sold a set nor have I seen a set sold. Then be ask the guy at the register if he'd seen any sell yet and he said no too. Then he told me how awesome the JPX-800's were and I was done at the point. To say I was shocked is an understatement. How accurate this is I don't know but surprising still.

While I was in GG today I ask one of the sales guys how the R11 irons were selling and he said this: I havent sold a set nor have I seen a set sold. Then be ask the guy at the register if he'd seen any sell yet and he said no too. Then he told me how awesome the JPX-800's were and I was done at the point. To say I was shocked is an understatement. How accurate this is I don't know but surprising still.

Ironically, our club sold out of them in the first 8 hours.
Maybe MD vacationers went to Orlando.

Ironically, our club sold out of them in the first 8 hours.
Maybe MD vacationers went to Orlando.

lol I suspect foul play by GG or this sales guy. And it would be Delaware peeps.

Seen them up close for the first time today, all I can say, amazing.

That is odd, they are selling like hotcakes at my shop.

Fantastic thoughts so far everyone, biggsy I always enjoy your launch data in your reviews, even though it frightens me a little. It's good to hear so many people are in agreement with the forgiveness in this set, sleek package too, perfect combo.

DD, what's wrong with a straight shot :p Good to know these aren't exaggerating your stock ball flight, I play a fade on my irons, with some sets that becomes a little more right, no beuno.

I'm hoping I can talk the rep into letting me borrow a 7 iron to take and hit off some grass to actually see what you guys are talking about. Launch monitors are nice but I want to see what they do for me outside.

--
tapatalk

Back