TC Takes Thainer to the Woodshed

Awwww that's ok. Good buddy you probably are more of a collard greens & cornbread with black eye peas kind of fellow :thumb:

Funny Gray I do love collard greens and cornbread, any kind of pulled pork, and what you southerners call sweet tea, which in Canada is just called Iced tea. I haven't spent any time in the south really but I think I would like it there.

Thanks guys.

I almost forgot to mention that I got a wicked cool hat out of the deal.

OneT was kind enough to throw this puppy my way. Talk to y'all in about 10 hours!!

462b3973-4ea1-cb3a.jpg

462b3973-4ed2-157e.jpg

From the iPhone.

Glad you like your hat bro, but it doesnt compare to the gift I got from Thainer....a little bunker sand from St. Andrews, plus some other goodies, but that is freaken PRICELESS!!!

As so many have said before me, you are a good sport Thainer and it's good to see you poking fun at yourself and taking a ribbing.

Safe travels!

I don't know how I missed this thread but it is a classic. Glad everyone had a great time and still laughing over the "good out Thainer" comment.

Drive safe Thainer. Glad you had a good time with the guys.

He hit a lot of great shots yesterday too. I think he hit 110 of them. :act-up:

I'm stealing that quote to use as an excuse for my next bad game!

HAHA! wow that first sand shot was a doozy.... how would YOU play that TC?!?

Glad you like your hat bro, but it doesnt compare to the gift I got from Thainer....a little bunker sand from St. Andrews, plus some other goodies, but that is freaken PRICELESS!!!

All these people got gifts from Pale Hundy. All I got was left waiting in the parking lot and lots of sun following his many swings. Where was my gift? :alien:

Your gift was being able to nicknname him Hundy.

HAHA! wow that first sand shot was a doozy.... how would YOU play that TC?!?

I told him not to hit 3wood on that tee. I hit hybrid, that way that bunker isn't in play. Consequently, I birdied that hole.

Young Thainer needs to work on his course management.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I told him not to hit 3wood on that tee. I hit hybrid, that way that bunker isn't in play. Consequently, I birdied that hole.

Young Thainer needs to work on his course management.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Or his listening skills? :D

lol now thats some bad luck. Possibly the top two worst kind of bunker lies you can have in the game and he gets them both on the same hole. Well good effort man, that first ball was so buried it looked like it fell from space.

He actually told me not to hit driver. I wasn't to hit 3w 250 on the fly.

From the iPhone.

All these people got gifts from Pale Hundy. All I got was left waiting in the parking lot and lots of sun following his many swings. Where was my gift? :alien:

uh oh...Hundy is in trouble!

hahaha...just wrong!! Here is a great shot, 1st hole on camera

[video=youtube;yg-d9AnofAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg-d9AnofAs[/video]

This video makes me LOL every time I watch it!!!

Wow, nice Swing Thainer. That's impressive man. I love your tour-like acting abilities too.

I try hard.

Thainer next time in that buried lie in the first video grab a 5 or 6 iron and use the leading edge to go right underneath the ball and it will just pop out.

I dont understand the logistics of it or how it would work, but Im sure it could. Ive never even seen that method attempted
Thainer next time in that buried lie in the first video grab a 5 or 6 iron and use the leading edge to go right underneath the ball and it will just pop out.

I dont understand the logistics of it or how it would work, but Im sure it could. Ive never even seen that method attempted

Because the ball is so buried you need something that will dig or cut right into the sand and get underneath the ball, that was a fairway bunker correct? And that way it will come out and go a lil further than using a wedge. I seen Gary Player talking about all types of sand shots on The Golf Channel one day.

I saw something about a buried lie in a bunker but it was a greenside bunker and thats where they used a 5 iron to cut through the sand. It was also a crazy uphill lie

Is that a new IJP Shirt you're wearing in your avatar Thainer? I know he digs that pink and white color scheme. :laughing:

Its been a doozy on here the last couple of days, a couple of super intense moments. But this thread kills me every time I enter it. Ive been digging up some golden threads the past few days, and this one is no different.

TC, OneT and Stroker Ace were all wicked dudes to play golf with, and I actually think that these three rounds(including JBs round) were in my top 5 rounds of the year to date, paired with some outing rounds as well! I havent told this to JB, but we were able to talk about some pretty interesting things during our round. Shooting 110 while sharing a cart with Speedy Gonzalez, well, I guess it was the only way I could slow him down, and get to pick his legendary brain about golf things and many others just a little bit longer :blob: . I did not enjoy the number I posted with him, and other than flubbing chips all day while playing the worlds worst wedges, I had an effing blast.

Were all friends here, and plus, I thought the newbies to the outing would like to be able to quantify the pressure that comes with playing infront of other THPers. The same THPers that we share our successes and downfalls with. The same THPers that we disagree with, get heated with, and bro-hug later. The same THPers who watch us "suffer" through our "swing changes" two weeks before the outing :alien:

Things, experiences and threads like this are the reason that I went to the outing in May 2011 and had a killer time, and hope to be able to make it to as many future ones as possible. Things like this are the reason why I hope to be able to compete in the Morgan Cup someday. Things like this are the reason I call JB, TC, and OneT my friends. Thanks guys for one of the most memorable golf week(ends) of my life. I cant wait to tee it up with any and all of you three again. Plus Stroker Ace!

Hundy
aka Pale Rider
aka Caprese Rider
aka Thainer

But wow, did JB and TC ever woop my ass last winter.. Dang!

Great thread bump Thainer!!:friends:

Back