THP Fantasy Football Week 1 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, wasnt expecting that to happen. Going to go with McCown at QB? Interesting tactic there, dont see it working out too well for them.

This is now what 2 out of the last 5 season that Del Rio has released his starting QB with a week before the season starts?

wow!!!! So, Gabbert or Mccown?

If you know McCown it makes a little more sense. They lost their big WR that is a possession WR and Garrard is more of an underneath thrower that struggles with the play action pass. Now they are moving forward with Mike THomas, a WR that makes a living off of the play action and more deep threats and save the underneath stuff to their TE and RBs.

Both Gabbert and McCown work the play action fake well and you could argue throw a better deep ball than Garrard.

or this soon for that matter.....kinda jobs Garrard from landing with another team though now that rosters are pretty much set

The Jags cut Garrard. I heard some rumblings but didn't think it was going to happen.

yep, I think now that Marcedes Lewis has a big year with everyone focusing on MJD running and Thomas going deep

If you know McCown it makes a little more sense. They lost their big WR that is a possession WR and Garrard is more of an underneath thrower that struggles with the play action pass. Now they are moving forward with Mike THomas, a WR that makes a living off of the play action and more deep threats and save the underneath stuff to their TE and RBs.

Both Gabbert and McCown work the play action fake well and you could argue throw a better deep ball than Garrard.

or this soon for that matter.....kinda jobs Garrard from landing with another team though now that rosters are pretty much set

I believe that was for one team and one team only....To make sure a certain division rival with an injured QB did not pick him up and get him to learn the playbook in time for week 1.

The Jags cut Garrard. I heard some rumblings but didn't think it was going to happen.

Go do something else besides watch and read up on ESPN all day! I wanted to report that!
:D

Luckily I didn't have Garrard. I have Cam Newton, the biggest stud in the NFL. GG, are you ready to be dominated by a 6'5'' monster? Oh, it's happening.

Wow, I really did not think that would happen.

I am favored over the Panthers 113-90. It will not be that close..hehehe

just dropped Eli Manning for Gabbert

bingo. although I'm sure Curtis Painter could be offed, no problem. Garrard would be a great insurance policy against Collins

I believe that was for one team and one team only....To make sure a certain division rival with an injured QB did not pick him up and get him to learn the playbook in time for week 1.

What a horrid franchise. It must suck to be a Jaguar fan. Clueless ownership. If you are not going to go forward with him they should have let him go a long time ago.:bad:

actually it was a smart move by the Jags...

What a horrid franchise. It must suck to be a Jaguar fan. Clueless ownership. If you are not going to go forward with him they should have let him go a long time ago.:bad:

Im with Hanks on this one. They cannot all be draft wizards and get franchise QBs like Quinnnnnzy....hehe

Preventing him from signing with another team, competitive advantage, sucks for Garrard though.

bingo. although I'm sure Curtis Painter could be offed, no problem. Garrard would be a great insurance policy against Collins

Hanks care to elaborate? Not doubting you just curious to hear your take

See above.

If you were to put a Vegas line on this weeks league matchups what would they be?

Im with Hanks on this one. They cannot all be draft wizards and get franchise QBs like Quinnnnnzy....hehe

STupidly I did not think about the division rival aspect. My bad. :beat-up:

2 thoughts on this...

Garrard wasn't/isn't a franchise QB...he capitalized on a nice year and playoff run and got paid like one though. The Jags weren't going to win with him so they finally cut him. Only a matter of time before Gabbert takes over anyway.

If they had cut Garrard earlier the division rival Colts may have been able to sign him since P Manning is out for who knows how long..

Hanks care to elaborate? Not doubting you just curious to hear your take

Hanks = The true industry insider! Do we have a new Icon this year? I think so!

Hanks just made me look silly. Plus he has that outstanding mustache. I will take it out on him in FF:at-wits-end:

Colts have Delone Carter listed as the #2 back over Donald Brown (so I read).

Colts have Delone Carter listed as the #2 back over Donald Brown (so I read).

Everything I have seen shows that Donald Brown is #2 behind Addai.

Everything I have seen shows that Donald Brown is #2 behind Addai.

Maybe. I've now read it on ESPN (also), though it says "on the most recent unofficial depth chart" but then goes into the reasoning why this may be the case.
If you go into the FF League and locate Carter there is a little breaking news icon that you click and it will show you the above.

Maybe. I've now read it on ESPN (also), though it says "on the most recent unofficial depth chart" but then goes into the reasoning why this may be the case.
If you go into the FF League and locate Carter there is a little breaking news icon that you click and it will show you the above.

Ah, ok. Didnt check the Fantasy player bio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back