Forum Testing Signup - Adams a12 OS Irons

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MX-300

2. What is your handicap index? no GHIN handicap but it is 7 on oobgolf, senior tees usually 6000 to 6300 yards

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel TT Dynamic Gold SL R-300 soft stepped, 1" over standard length

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? They have a reputation of being easier to hit, and harder to work the ball. Supposedly they have a bigger sweetspot and launch the ball high. I have been playing GI irons, but I don't believe any of them have been oversized. Callaway X-14's, Mizuno MX-23's and the Mizuno MX-300's are the ones I have played over the years. I always let the fitter suggest the club and did not try to steer the fitters toward any particular club. I would enjoy trying an oversized iron to see if it might help an old man's game. I already game hybrids in place of the 3, 4 & 5 irons so I would be comparing apples to apples in that department.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf 3 or 4 times per week and usually am at the range 1 or 2 times, I would go ahead and bag these clubs for the entire testing period and give several weekly updates on the performance. I play at least once per week in our local blitz so I would be able to comment on how they perform in competition at least once per week. I will post video and pictures of the clubs. I will allow other golfers to hit them and record and report their thoughts on them. As far as my activity level, I am a hardcore THP addict and am online and posting quite a bit. This is easily my favorite site and I spend several hours here on the average day. I do have a Facebook account and will post comments there.
One item I must throw out is that I will be taking a 13 day trip to Hawaii from September 21st to October 4th and would be unable to play or test during that 2 week period, that is something I feel you need to know in advance.
Thank you Adams Golf and THP for giving this opportunity to all of us here at THP.

Last edited:
1. What irons do you currently play?
I currently play the Wilson Staff Di-9's with the uni-flex wide tip shafts!

2. What is your handicap index?
16.5 according to my recording efforts on my SkyCaddie! Not formally indexed.

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
These are the wide tip uni-flex version from Wilson!

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?
As a guy that is currently using a game improvement iron, I strongly recommend those with a handicap above mine to hone their skills with a more forgiving club and progressively work their way out of the "game improvement category" to the “game enhancement category”!

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
My testing plan will be to hit the range around twice a week along with a trip to a couple different courses at least twice a week. I have recently started bringing my daughter to some lessons held by Junior Golf Association and have contacted the club Pro where we go to continue to help improve my game. Lessons will start week after next.

As for my activity level I frequent THP daily and I post on thread where I find I could offer some sound advice. I recently grabbed a smartphone and a tablet so I can stay more in tuned to what is going on throughout the day instead of just at night like I did before.
If selected I will use one of the social networks to get the word out about the product I am testing.

Again thanks to THP and Adams golf for the opportunity! Good luck to all that sign up!

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade Burner 09 4-PW & AW
2. What is your handicap index?Never tried to figure it up, but I average around 105 each round.
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?I just use the stock Burner 09 Steel Shafts.
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?I had a set of Nike CPR Hybrids and loved them, but bought my Burners due to the fact that I prefer steel over graphite. I really enjoy hitting with oversized irons, but I just hit my Burners so good that I just went with the smaller thinner iron. I would love to test these Adams to get back and see if I can really improve my game with these irons.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?As I have said before I play at least once a week. I also I have large field in which I often practice at for hours at a time. I recently took a 3 week leave from the site due to my son's birth. I didn't just leave to leave. I'm back on my normal routine, and will be visiting several times a day and posting. I would be no problem for me to get on here and review and post feedback to fellow members.

Thanks again to THP and Adams for this opportunity!

Another great opportunity from THP and Adams golf!
I'd love to sign up for this, but I only have maybe eight weeks left of golf before the courses close for the winter.
Good luck to all the applicants!

. What irons do you currently play?King Cobra SZ
2. What is your handicap index?Up to 18.6
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel,regular flex,N.S.Pro 1030H
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?I play an oversize iron because it gives me more confidence that a mishit will still turn out ok as far as distance and direction.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least 18 holes weekly and usually 36 at various area courses and live about 15 minutes from a range where I can hit off grass and get feedback that pertains to a real course.I am on THP dailywould try to answer honestly,all questions, and give my honest opinion of the clubs and how they would help ,or not help ,the average golfer.
Thanks to Adams and THP for the opportunity for some to test theses irons and evaluate them.

Mizuno MP-30 with KBS Tour C-TAPER regular
Mizuno MX-300 with NIPPON 750GH stiff
Honma World Tour/AP-701 with NIPPON 950GH stiff

Mizuno MP-30 with KBS Tour C-TAPER regular
Mizuno MX-300 with NIPPON 750GH stiff
Honma World Tour/AP-701 with NIPPON 950GH stiff

I have a set of Honma World Tour oversize with NIPPON 950GH stiff, experimenting. I am experimenting because some of my fellow going-to-be senior golfers are using more and more oversize and the new generation of oversize has allow them to keep their handicap index intact. Our eye sight are the first to go and alignment and club contact are being affected, and we are hoping oversize will minimize the "misses". We are still experimenting as we are already gone to the mid size and perimeter weighted irons and away from the beloved blades. The over size iron and lighter shaft now a days allow us to add length to the irons to compromise our ever slowing swings. at the least that is our hope.

Testing equipment are not new to me, I am currently on the KBS player testing group. I am a geek that has local recourses to monitor the technical aspect of the equipment as well as swing and scores; ie. launch condition, distance/carry, "feel", scoring. Course I play range from target golf to windy condition to 50-90 temperature range. I am diligent in my observation, writing details and sharing experiences. I play at the least twice a week with different groups of golfers. Hope this will give you a glimpse of the condition and what I am willing to reciprocate when being chosen to test your particular equipment.

Wow, glad to see so many new members & members we havent heard from for a while adding their names to the mix. I am currently testing the TaylorMade Burner 2.0 irons, so I will keep my name out of the running. Good luck to the selected few, testing a full set of irons is alot of work.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new members and newly active members in our other conversations.

1. What irons do you currently play? Wilson Staff Di11's
2. What is your handicap index? 21.2
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Wilson Staff Half and Half Shafts Regular Flex
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I enjoy them. I love the forgiveness they provide, as well as the game improvement qualities most oversized irons give.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Currently I play at least 3 rounds a week and go to the range the days I am not playing. If selected these irons would be getting as thourough a workout as the Di11's got. I post here virtually every day so there will be plenty of opportunities for updates.

Oh man I think you would be a great tester for these as well Ron! Lots of good choices for THP & Adams to choose from!:alien2:

Another great opportunity for some THPers thanks to THP and Adams Golf!!!

1. Nike VR Split Cavity
2. 9.0
3. Currently play steel DG S300 shafts
4. I have never played OS irons before but it may just be what I need to get my game back on track. I think something with a little more forgiveness could give me a little more confidence.
5. I play 3-4 times per week, and once it gets too cold here around mid-november I have an indoor golf dome I visit once per week, on top of my gym offering a simulator. I am very active on THP, checking the site every hour for new stuff and posting my thoughts on some things throughout the day. I have tested before and really enjoyed sharing my thoughts and answering questions, and doing so above the required level is not a problem. I have recently figured out how to post videos which I did not know how to do before, so if I ever get the chance to test again I will definitely utilize that.

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway x18

2. What is your handicap index?18.4 oob

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?I play the factory uniflex.

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I feel if it will help my game in anyway i am down with it.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play twice a week and range twice a week and I will use these clubs exclusivly and report on all the aspects of there performance. I will post after every use and post both the ups and downs of the equipment.

I currently play a Dick's Slazenger boxed set of which I have already replaced the Driver and fairway wood. The irons are Slazenger ATX max game improvment and look somewhat like the Callaway Big Bertha's. I was fitted yesterday for Ping G20's 6-PW & SW and they should arrive by the end of next week.

This is my second year golfing after a 25 year absence due to other activities. This year I am scoring from 95-105 compared to last years 110-120. The new driver and fairway have helped a lot. I would imagine my Handicap to be 20-25? I played 60-70 rounds last year and am exceeding that this year. None of my playing partners (about 10 people) play Adams so this will be a unique experience for me. They are all candidates for GI or Max GI irons playing in the 90-105 area per round.

The Slazengers I am replacing have Harrison Graphite uniflex shafts, box was marked "Senior Flex". The Ping G20's I ordered yesterday have the Ping Graphite Soft-R flex and are +1".

I definately need game improvement with forgivness on miss hits so they are really the only clubs I look at. Thick top lines and large cavities don't bother me at all.
I am looking for better distance and accuracy which is why I ordered the Ping G20's. Golf Galaxy had a few Adams clubs in the fitting area which I hit and they felt real nice, but unfortunately they were not equipped to fit me properly with Adams irons. I am definately curious to test the Adams!

I play 2 rounds per week plus at least one time per week at the driving range. At the range I start with my PW and work my way down to the Driver. I pay particluar attention to my irons aiming for specific targets in order to improve distance and accuracy.
I would test the Adams for accuracy, distance, miss hit performance and feel.
Plan is to provide initial impressions after the first round and first driving range expeirience, then again at Mid term testing and then a final recap of my thoughts and experience with these irons.
Who knows I might keep the Adams and ditch the Pings! What a promo that would be!
Thanks for your consideration.

Wilson Ci6
26.6-OOB
Graphite, Regular, UST Nanotech
I'd like to try as I think they would help my game. I play in the 90's.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP.
I'd be using the set exclusively, I hit the range and practice greens twice a week, and would play one or two rounds a week for the test. I would post updates after the rounds as I do my hdcp info. I will post my honest feelings and scores with no premeditation.
Thanks Adams and THP.

Last edited:
Thanks to THP and Adams Golf for yet another opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway x-20s
2. What is your handicap index? 10.6
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Callaway Golf Uniflex Steel
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? They tend to be more forgiving, but often make working the ball a little more difficult.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am a teacher whose school ends by 2:30. I will get to play 3-5 rounds per week until the end of October or early November when the snow will start to fly here near Ottawa. I will put the irons in the bag right away and describe the shots I regularly make on the course and how they behave compared to my old irons, and also hit regularly on the range to practice different shots (I rarely have to use my 9 or 5 iron on the course). I will begin by posting my yardages for each of my current clubs, and compare the a12 OSs, both when I first get them and if it changes as time goes by. Each day I use them I will give an update on my thoughts overall, as well as shots that went well and any that did not. I read the new posts on the site at least once a day, and post whenever I think I have something to add (usually a couple a day).

Good luck to those lucky enough to be chosen, will be interested to see everyone's thoughts.

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade Burner 2.0 4-PW

2. What is your handicap index? 20

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Taylormade Burner 2.0 Superfast 85 steel

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I honestly prefer to look down on a thinner top line as far as aesthetics, however if it would help me shoot better I would play with a rock tied to a graphite shaft with a hose. I *try* to keep an open mind with clubs as you never know what may play the best for you.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would test these at the range 3-5 times per week and I try to play a round at least once a week. I would approach them with an open mind and draw comparisons to the burner 2.0's that I currently play. I'll be able to get someone to film me as well as providing pictures throughout the process if chosen.

I'm trying to work hard on becoming more a part of the community and hope to get to know more folks on here and stay a part of the site for a LONG time. I try to post daily, and I am on the site darn near constantly with all the information available. I would be honored to be able to test these, and will be looking forward to the insight given on these clubs regardless.

1. What irons do you currently play? Burner SuperLaunch

2. What is your handicap index? Unofficially on OOB, right around 20 all season.

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel TM Stock shafts for the SuperLaunch. Regular Flex

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Big fan. Being around a 20 handicapper, any forgiveness I can get, the better.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least 1 round per week and generally get to play 2. I play on Friday mornings with my little guy and Saturday or Sunday with my buddies. I'm on THP everday for several hours and tend to comment in threads when I feel I have something to add. I'm currently testing the GreenSaver and would give these irons the same rigors.

Thanks to Adams and THP for just another great opportunity. Especially testing pre-release clubs.

Will be some happy testers if these are as good as the Redlines. I love Adams gear and can't wait to hear feedback on this set. Good luck all! Another test will be keeping me busy so I won't put my name in the hat. This is a big deal if you ask me. The A7/A7OS's seem to be a hit and I am willing to wager the A12s are their replacements. Great chance for us at THP to get the inside scoop.

I just purchased new irons so I am going to pass on this but I did want to that Adams and THP for this great opportunity for 8 forum members.

Great opportunity, thanks :adams: and :thp:.

1. What irons do you currently play? :srixon: Z-Star
2. What is your handicap index? 22
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, Nippon 1050gh, Stiff
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I used to have Nike Sasquatch Sumo irons. Didn't like the huge look at all. I have more of an open mind now though and I have become very fond of scoring. If OS irons help me score better, sign me up.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 1-2 18 hole rounds per week, 52 weeks a year. I have only not played 1 week in the past year. I also practice, (range or local practice facility), as least 1x/week, usually 2x+/week. I will provide updates after each round or extended practice session, be 100% honest, answer all questions, and be active in the review thread daily.

Mizuno MP 53

TT Dynamic Gold S300 - Steel

I tend to prefer a more traditional head shape. It depends on how "oversized" we are talking. I have been slow to accept hybrids but I am actually looking at possibly replacing my 5 iron for another hybrid. I like to be able to tell where my misses are on the club face and tend to shy away from irons where that is more difficult to do but at the same time it is hard to argue with how easy and accurate hybrids are. The velocity slot technology Adams is putting into this set has me very excited because if it can deliver what Adams is promising this should be a great set.

I play a couple of rounds a week and try to hit the range once or twice a week as well. I would test these against my current irons/hybrids and do play a course weekly where I can compare the irons side by side with my current set on the course. I would give my opinions on the set a few times a week and take pictures and video where it will help the readers. I would judge the set on criteria such as distance, forgiveness, and feel. I am on THP daily and really enjoy the site. I try to contribute daily and feel I am active forum member.

A Reply

A Reply

At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course or driving range).
8 forum members will be chosen to be part of this testing.
These are pre-release irons and do not hit stores until 10/1.
If you are chosen you must pay for the shipping to receive the clubs.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the irons out frequently and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You will also be asked to update Facebook and Twitter with your findings as well (minimum of 1 of the two). This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. At the end of the testing, the irons will be yours to keep.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Registration is always fast, free, and easy.
The Hackers Paradise - Register

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions rather than things like "any".

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you might find out is being tested next and more information before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams Idea Tech Hybrids.
2. What is your handicap index? I guess around 16;
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Standard Graphite, looking for the shafts with plutonium though.
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? More to love.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing hypothesis would be "Bigger IS Better", and plan would be better if only using golf balls suited to my swing (which my brother catergorizes as weak to lame. Will not try to "grip it and rip it", more like keep it in play, hope for the best and see what happens.

Ping G15s 5-PW
Steel, Regular, Stock Ping shafts
Always interested in the added forgiveness that comes with most oversized irons, especially as I'm trying to improve my game and consistency.
Practice at the range at least 3x per week. Usually 1 round a week, sometimes 2. Would enjoy the opportunity to incorporate these into my game and range time through real comparisons to the Pings. I am a newer member to THP but really liking what I'm seeing so far, especially reading the review/testing threads. It really is something completely unique to this golf forum versus any other that I've seen. Planning on continuing to check in daily or more often.

Awesome thanks alot THP and ADAMS for this opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade TP MB 3-PW
2. What is your handicap index? 8.2
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Dynamic Gold X100 Steel
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I don't mind larger clubheads as long as they are designed well with not a ton of offset. Sleek toplines are important but a well desgined SGI iron can accomplish this.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf multiple times weekly until early november and then play on a simulator atleast twice a week as well. I visit THP nightly and like to contribute with honest and informative feedback.

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway Razr X Tours
2. What is your handicap index? 20 OOB
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, Royal Precision Rifle 6.0
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Never played them and I've never considered them (although I should have if would've helped me better my game). Not a big fan of the looks of "larger" irons but if it's for the betterment of one's game then why not.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play once to twice a week, time allowing with weekly sessions on the range as well. My activity level is high on the forum and I am able to do both FB and Twitter updates.

Thanks for this opportunity THP and Adams Golf!

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMadeR11irons
2. What is your handicap index? 13.2
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel reg flex KBS Tour 90
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I think the more forgiveness an iron has the more potential it has for a larger market. I'm all for easier to hit irons, I believe that's what helps individuals most.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play a few times a week, and also hit a practice range a few times a week. Active THP member that reads daily and would update the testing thread accordingly.

Thanks for the opportunity ADAMS Golf and THP!

I would love to try out and test the Adams irons & or hybrids, as my buddy plays and swears by them.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R7 TP's
2. What is your handicap index? I play to between a 10 & 12 hcp
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Nippon Steel R flex

I played the forged Wilson Staff Goosenecks for 16+ years and still game them on occassion as they are really a very sweet club. These are large faced forged irons that work well except for deep rough, but what doesn't get hung up in deep rough? So, my only reservations about oversized clubs would be how well they perform out of the rough, as well as for delicate or tricky 1/2 or 3/4 type shots.

I would like to take these clubs to the range at least 1x per week, and play 1x-3x per week if possible before the snow flies. I try to visit THP several times weekly, but would increase that to whatever frequency of use I can use the clubs, and I want to provide some good insights and information to fellow Hackers!

Back